Going back to stock injectors

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Going back to stock injectors

Postby rbrettctd » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:44 pm

Theyve been riding around my toolbox for a while so Im gonna take them to a diesel shop and have them tested and cleaned and maybe redone. I have a couple of questions. Are the top nuts/collar on nonintercooled injectors and pod's the same? Ive lost the ones that came off it and the pods came with them. If they are different can someone with the parts manual get me the part number for them? Thanks.
Randy
1991 D-250 N/I CTD. POD's, , BHAF and unger custom intake /crossover, HX35/16, 4" exhaust to 6" tip, Custom ground pin. Isspro gauges on pillar. Now Getrag equipped, SB crap clutch (12") and 3.07 gears-ready to watch the mileage soar.
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Going back to stock injectors

Postby bgilbert » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:29 pm

rbrettctd wrote: Are the top nuts/collar on nonintercooled injectors and pod's the same? Ive lost the ones that came off it and the pods came with them. If they are different can someone with the parts manual get me the part number for them? Thanks.

I could be wrong, but the hold down nuts on POD's are not removable. They seem to be held in place by a lock washer of some sort. I imagine one would have to remove the lock washer to get them off. After that, they might not even work with Bosch injector bodies. Then it would be hard to reuse or sell your hacked on POD's.

I ran into this, only I didn't lose my nuts, I sent them with my stock injectors to Russin for core, and my new injectors didn't have them lol. So I had to ask nicely for my nuts back lol. Find them, I bet they're not cheap.
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Postby rbrettctd » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 pm

Yeah Ive determined that they are captured. I imagine (okay wanna said) that the diesel shop Im taking em to could probably get them. Ive got some of em. i need to dig around my toolbox and shop and determine just how many I have. Im still trying to decide what to do. Im gonna do a valet switch, but that would just be good for daily driving, as for towing, it would take egts off but also knock my power down as well. I do think I will sell them. My injectors are the 9s so they flow plenty of fuel to keep me satisfied. I imagine I will be able to play with the pump some more without the pods. Then I can save up for some edms :twisted:
Randy
1991 D-250 N/I CTD. POD's, , BHAF and unger custom intake /crossover, HX35/16, 4" exhaust to 6" tip, Custom ground pin. Isspro gauges on pillar. Now Getrag equipped, SB crap clutch (12") and 3.07 gears-ready to watch the mileage soar.
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dpuckett » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:45 pm

I got nuts out my ears if you need any. I think I have 2 or 3 complete extra sets.

I'm not even going to attempt to clean up what is on my mind right now.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:28 pm

Ya know, I think I'll leave that alone too! :roll:

But it's hard to do! :lol:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:48 pm

Just curious why you are getting rid of the POD's? You can adjust most of the smoke out of them, and they will still make a bunch of power.
I love mine and get the same mileage as I did with the BDs.
mhuppertz

Postby rbrettctd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:03 pm

Im not getting rid of them now. Cost to reman my others was too high. Problem was not really smoke, but egts. Just gonna bump timing a bunch and see what I can do. Being nonintercooled is a real drag. Hopefully the timing will make it towable, or Ill have to back off the fun screw a hair. Its getting a valet switch so daily driving will be easy.
Randy
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:40 pm

How about chemical intercooling, maybe a home made water injection system? That will cool the EGT's quite a bit.
mhuppertz

Postby rbrettctd » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:29 pm

Haha, you read my mind. Me and my bro are actually getting the parts list together for everything. Gonna do the homebrew w/m system with hobbs switch, big tank in the toolbox, and hopefully a 220 pump (or is 150 fine?), plus the small stuff for the valet switch. Then gonna bump timing, put a switch on the ksb, and get it all in.
Randy
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:21 pm

rbrettctd wrote:Haha, you read my mind. Me and my bro are actually getting the parts list together for everything. Gonna do the homebrew w/m system with hobbs switch, big tank in the toolbox, and hopefully a 220 pump (or is 150 fine?), plus the small stuff for the valet switch. Then gonna bump timing, put a switch on the ksb, and get it all in.

150psi will work, but higher is better of course.
I have a snow 220 but a MAP controller. I can either use pressure transducers to make the controller work, or use the handfull of Hobbs switches I have with ballast resistors to give me stages.....
mhuppertz

Return to Engine