Can anyone tell me where this wire is supposed to go?

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby PToombs » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:13 pm

DP, I have the '93 manual, too. (Getrag section! :wink: )
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:31 pm

Begle1- You got it right, sorta. It removes the advance, which retards it from the advanced state, but is actually putting it back to where it was before the cold advance. Not sure on short stubby vs long not stubby. (Not sure I want to comment further, considering the sources involved).

NonIC pumps are advanced when the wire is cold. Put power to it, and it retards the pump back to where it normally would be. Completely opposites, made to confuse, confound, and stump the populace.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby M1 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:45 pm

I put the wire back on today. If it changed the timimg I didn't notice much. Maybe I will notice tomorrow with a longer drive. It is getting power though, I noticed a spark while plugging and unplugging while running. Thanks for the help guys!
1991 w350. tweeked pump, ground fuel pin, BHAF, no muffler, borgenson steering shaft, and more to come.
M1
fuel screw!!!!

Postby M1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:37 pm

I pulled the wire back off! After a few days of driving I have noticed a difference in performance and mostly noise. It runs better and is a little bit louder with the wire disconnected. So I believe disconnecting the wire advances the timing.
1991 w350. tweeked pump, ground fuel pin, BHAF, no muffler, borgenson steering shaft, and more to come.
M1
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Engine