New Injection Pump won't Squirt Fuel

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby Begle1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:15 pm

dpuckett wrote:When reassembling the pump to the gear, it should slide on nice and gentle-like. If you have to put any appreciable pressure on it, realign stuff.

I wish they would put stuff like that in the service manual.

A day after I installed the pump I went to adjust my valves and realized my timing pin was broke. That didn't really help matters...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby gear jammer 91" » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:55 pm

I can turn all the pushrods around in their holes and the valves are all adjusted right. What else could be a clatter? Could an injector clatter? Could retarded timing cause a clatter?[/quote]

I had an injector in a cat that was gummed up, it just started rattlin outa now where. It was so bad I pulled over and shut the truck down to check the oil, it sounded like a rod knock. Drove it in to the shop and by the time I got their it had just about gone away, the shop said sticky injector.
Sold 91 now-intercooled W250, 388WHP 923WTQ on #2 only 423WHP 968WTQ on meth 0% correction.
01 LB7
gear jammer 91"
14mm rotor

Postby gear jammer 91" » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:56 pm

I can turn all the pushrods around in their holes and the valves are all adjusted right. What else could be a clatter? Could an injector clatter? Could retarded timing cause a clatter?[/quote]

I had an injector in a cat that was gummed up, it just started rattlin outa now where. It was so bad I pulled over and shut the truck down to check the oil, it sounded like a rod knock. Drove it in to the shop and by the time I got their it had just about gone away, the shop said sticky injector.
Sold 91 now-intercooled W250, 388WHP 923WTQ on #2 only 423WHP 968WTQ on meth 0% correction.
01 LB7
gear jammer 91"
14mm rotor

Postby flashgordon » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:40 pm

gear jammer 91" wrote:I can turn all the pushrods around in their holes and the valves are all adjusted right. What else could be a clatter? Could an injector clatter? Could retarded timing cause a clatter?

I had an injector in a cat that was gummed up, it just started rattlin outa now where. It was so bad I pulled over and shut the truck down to check the oil, it sounded like a rod knock. Drove it in to the shop and by the time I got their it had just about gone away, the shop said sticky injector.[/quote]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is you timing pin missing? dose it sound like a bird chirping or a bell ringing sound?

If it is more like a Knocking noise, and you thing it is a inj...........does it make the noise at idle.......If so crack inj, one at a time until the noise gos away.
91.0 non intercooled 3/4 ton 5sd ex.straight piped 16cm housing, timing bumped 1/16...Pump . Full power screw1/2 max with out removing the collar. Gear Vender over drive!
"NOW" with 2nt gen intercooler, turbo and 3"Coolertubz, Buy Tim (TWorline)"
flashgordon
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Engine