1989 dodge w350 no start

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

1989 dodge w350 no start

Postby manostihl » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:21 pm

i drove my truck to a buddys house to do some work and it started missing, running rough at a low rpm and puffing white smoke. i drained the water separator and fired her back up and it ran ok for a few minutes then a cylinder started kicking on and off, then went back to running rough and missing so i shut it down with the stop lever ( the fss has been stuck on for a while but occasionally would shut the truck off with the key) left for about 4 hours then came back to fire it up and it was a no go, didnt even try! ive already replaced the filter a few months ago and i just replaced the lift pump today along with the feed line with some new 3/8 aluminum line. i can get fuel to shoot out of the injector lines when cracked along with a little air bubbles but still no fire and no smoke out of the stack. pump was just a delphi stock replacement. fuel is fresh as this truck is my dd.
manostihl
fuel screw!!!!

Re: 1989 dodge w350 no start

Postby manostihl » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:26 pm

finally got it to prime up and run. it rolls coal like it used to instead of white smoke. but stil has an on and off miss at an idle but runs smooth otherwise
manostihl
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Engine