Warming EFS leaking after 2nd Gen Lift pump install I GIVE U

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Warming EFS leaking after 2nd Gen Lift pump install I GIVE U

Postby Collers9640 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:18 pm

I figure I would post the problem I've had with the 94-98.5 lift pump I put on my 1st gen.

First let me say I don't know of anyone else that's had this problem.

I purchased a 2nd Gen lift pump directly from Cummins, I didn't purchased a cheap aftermarket one.
I also had my pump professionally rebuilt and never even ran it with a 1st Gen lift pump.

From the start fuel began leaking out of the of the EFS where the threads come out of the top. So I replaced the EFS and it still leaked so I tried another EFS and it still leaked and I don't mean a slow leak neither. I was goes to put a threaded plug in place of the EFS but am worried something else could go wrong so I am reinstalling a stick lift pump.

Does anyone happen to have the fuel line that goes from the top of the lift pump to the motor?
77’ W200 Cummins- Auto, BHAF, 4” Exhaust
91.5 W250 Cummins Conversion- PS I/C, pump maxed, Red Oak Diesel Injectors, Coolertubz, pump advanced 1/8", 3" elbow, 3200 Spring, Piston Lift Pump, KDP fixed, DennyT pin, HX35, 4in Downpipe, BHAF, Heater Grid Delete, Alcan springs, Bilstein Shocks
1984 D350 Crew Cab (Future Cummins Project)
Collers9640
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Warming EFS leaking after 2nd Gen Lift pump install I GIVE U

Postby PToombs » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:08 pm

First, almost nobody runs a regular 2nd gen LP without a regulator or something to cut the pressure down. Those things produce about 30-35 psi. Most of us run the low pressure piston pump, it looks the same, but only builds about 15-18 psi. Some guys buy the 2nd gen pump, but then replace the spring with one of Erics lower pressure ones. He has them for 12, 15, and 18 psi if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say EFS, you mean the fuel shut off solenoid? (FSS)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Re: Warming EFS leaking after 2nd Gen Lift pump install I GIVE U

Postby ellis93 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:35 pm

They'll throw that kind of pressure at idle Pete! Lol

The p pump motor I had it the Chevy had one I doctored and I could make it throw 70#
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Return to Engine