Postby CumminsPride » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:39 am

Glad to hear you found it.

Wade
06 3500 AT Mega Cab SRW 4X4
CumminsPride
fuel screw!!!!

Re: MAJOR Boost Leak!

Postby flashgordon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:35 pm

justagoodolboy wrote:Well, I guess it was a major one.

I used that 4 in Rubber coupler from the hardware store with a PVC cap and put a air attachment on it. Then I pressurized the system to 10 PSI. I could hear the air, but not find any bubbles with my soap/water spray bottle. I then started feeling for air and found it. The bolt holding the fuel lines thats behind the intake horn was completely missing. I ended up finding it against one of the valve covers. I replaced it and its like having a new truck!

Funny thing is, I was thinking my truck was running good and acting normal. It performs and sounds like a completely different truck now.

Appreciate everyone's advice.

Grate job!!!!!! NOW GET SOME GAUGES IN THERE, so your "new" found power can't damage any thing :thumright:

Flash
91.0 non intercooled 3/4 ton 5sd ex.straight piped 16cm housing, timing bumped 1/16...Pump . Full power screw1/2 max with out removing the collar. Gear Vender over drive!
"NOW" with 2nt gen intercooler, turbo and 3"Coolertubz, Buy Tim (TWorline)"
flashgordon
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Did you check the others while you were right there? You should put some kind of sealer on that too.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby justagoodolboy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:43 am

PToombs wrote:Did you check the others while you were right there? You should put some kind of sealer on that too.

Yes, I did check the others. They were all tight and snug. I did not put any sealer on it. I did not have anything and to be honest never crossed my mind as that bolt is a fine thread an a little over an inch long.

Probably not a bad idea to go back and do it though or it might come back out. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
1992 D350 xCab
5spd, 3200 Spg, BHAF, Slight Pump Mods
justagoodolboy
fuel pin?

Previous

Return to Engine