in need of throttle indexing help!

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

in need of throttle indexing help!

Postby rattlebox93 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:45 am

ok so yesterday i took my pump apart to get to the full power screw a little easyer and was also gonna remove the the afc lever and the idle screws (i diddent remove the afc anyway) but i forget to look where the throttle index marks were i have had the pump top off a couple of times before and when i put the throttle back to where i thought it was before the engine wouldent start until about half throttle with the full power screw all the way in and bottomed out so i played around with it until i got it to start and work ok but now the full power screw is about a half of a turn from beeing bottomed out and and after getting it to idle rite it will only turn just a shade below 3200 where as before it would turn about 3750 is this just because i had to lengthen the throttle linkage to lower the idle do i need to just play around with the index some more or could i have put somthing togeather wrong inside the pump i would like a little more rpm out of it but i can deal with 3200 but i dont like how the full power screw is soo far in i would hate for it to try running away on me while driving down the road i would never get it shut down in time
93 d350 extended cab dually, 5 speed, he351cw, industrial man ported, ported head, 60# springs, 6x16's, ballanced, coated slugs, lowerd comp, 354 spring, piston lp, 1/2 lines, con f, home made water in the works still not running but getting close
rattlebox93
fuel screw!!!!

Postby JAyers » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:22 pm

on the left 2nd mark down and on the right 2nd mark from the bottom. Clear as mud?
93 W250...balanced, ported, and fresh. Equipped with 14mm h/r, A1000 supply, Hamitons 188/220, T4 stainless manifold, s360/68/.91ar - s475/74/1.1ar twins, and Kennys dd clutch.
JAyers
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:33 pm

Yup, mine is where Josh said. 2nd mark counter clockwise from 12:00 position. (looking over the fender) ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Engine