Valve adjustment

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

Postby dpuckett » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Yes, at 200k yours is due.

Ok, back to the tighter lash adjustment. I have noticed a slight DECREASE in mpgs (on the order of .5-1mpg) with mine, but I havnt put enough miles on the new pump rebuild to know for sure. it could be my foot. It seems to idle sharper and with less rattle, though. So, keeping all else equal, should I get a gain or loss of MPGs? I noticed no difference in EGTs at a given boost (dont have the clutch or valve springs for an all out ful throttle run). I am thinking of putting them back to stock for now, unless someone sheds some light on this subject.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby wannadiesel » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:08 pm

I wouldn't expect it to make a difference.
'93 D350 LE Club Cab dually, Getrag, 3.54 Pow-R-Lok with: DPS EDM's, HTT Stage IV/14wg, Con-FE, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, custom fuel pin, Walbro secondary fuel system.

Best dyno: 408/844
wannadiesel
diesel guru

Postby CDReyn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:01 am

wannadiesel wrote:I wouldn't expect it to make a difference.

I finally got around to doin gmine, and the oly difference I can tell is that it is running much much smoother and quiter.... :)
93 D350 ClubCab, A518, B&M Tranny Cooler, RV-HD TSS TQ and upgraded valve body, TPS by-passed and muffler is MIA...

COMANCHE TRIBE OF OKLAHOMA-----LORDS OF THE PLAINS
CDReyn
fuel pin?

Previous

Return to Engine