I.P. Fuel Leak

How the engine works

Moderators: Greenleaf, KTA, BC847, Richie O

I.P. Fuel Leak

Postby jer1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:00 pm

The beast has been torn apart for a few months while I was adding some of the parts in my sig. Finally got er fires up last night, and she's pissin fuel out from where the throttle shaft goes into the top of the pump. I'm assuming that there is an o-ring here. Alldata doesn't show anything about the pump. How do I fix this? Thanks, Jer
91 W250, 6" susp. lift, 2" body lift, 36" Buckshots, Powersmoke IC, Haisleys studs and fire rings, PDR valve springs, Banks high ram, HTB2 62/14, 4"DP, Dual 5" exhaust, Bullydog boost and pyro (pre-turbo), POD's, tweaked pump, timing bump, 3200 gs
jer1
fuel screw!!!!

Postby bgilbert » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:17 pm

If you're lucky it's just the o-ring on the throttle shaft. Get the VE seal kit, Bosch part number DGK-121 ~<$20, available from any Bosch or fuel injection shop or can be had from www.scheiddiesel.com, gotta call em. In the kit will have all seals, o-rings etc needed to reseal a pump. Looks like you've done a governor spring, so the repair basically follows that. Remove the top cover on the pump as you would do a gov spring job. Remove the throttle shaft from the top cover, compare the o-ring on it to the o-rings in the kit. Use the one that fits the snuggist. While the throttle shaft is out, look it over real good for any grooves worn into it. The t-shaft can get worn over time and need to be replaced. Along with the shaft a new throttle shaft bushing will be needed. This becomes more costly. New t-shaft last I checked was around $50. Expect as much for a new bushing kit. Hopefully it's just the o-ring. Many owners, myself included, have been ok with just replacing the o-ring.
Bill Gilbert
85 D350 crew with 90 6BT intercooled Getrag 3.07's
93 D350 single cab Getrag 3.54's.
bgilbert
14mm rotor

Postby jer1 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 pm

Thanks for the info. Does anyone have a source for the shaft and bushing? I picked up a seal kit, and figured I would replace them too for peace of mind, but both of my local injection shops are out and they are back ordered indefinitely.
91 W250, 6" susp. lift, 2" body lift, 36" Buckshots, Powersmoke IC, Haisleys studs and fire rings, PDR valve springs, Banks high ram, HTB2 62/14, 4"DP, Dual 5" exhaust, Bullydog boost and pyro (pre-turbo), POD's, tweaked pump, timing bump, 3200 gs
jer1
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dpuckett » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 am

My local shop updated the throttle shaft assy on Mom's pump last week with a steel one. I dont know if they had to order it in, since i had given them a week's warning, but it wasnt a waiting affair.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Return to Engine