TWATWAFFLES(Thanks Begle)

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

TWATWAFFLES(Thanks Begle)

Postby pulltilbroke » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:17 pm

I was puttin a battery in it and had some issues with connections, cleaned em thought it was in nuetral. hit the key and bam she lights like a VE pump truck should. It was in first and took off, so I reach in to try to pull it back into nuetral and bam I pulled it into 2nd. And whamo into my buddies trailer.[verymad][verymad][verymad][verymad][duhhh][duhhh]

Damage = 1 fender, 1 Perfect bumper, Grille, Core support, Radiator, hood. On the bright side the rad is probably repairable, the grille inserts and headlight bezel is still good, and I might be able to save the bumper if I'm careful.

Hey MAAARRKKK.

Last edited by pulltilbroke on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
93 W350 ext cab dually, getrag and a few adjustments
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Re: Insert favorite expletive here

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:01 am

Idiot... :roll:

J/k! Just be glad that you didn't get inm between the truck and trailer.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:06 am

That sucks :yuck:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby CumminsPower59 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:15 am

That sucks my friend...good thing Mark is only a few miles down the road ;)
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Postby redneckroot » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:09 am

I had similar situation a few years ago. I was working on an old cat d4. Thought I had it in neutral and didn't. Fired up the pony motor, when I kicked the lever to start the diesel it took off. Ran around it jumped across the winch and got it stopped, but not before it hit my 93 and proceeded to push it backwards down a hill. Slightly bent the bumper but didn't really hurt anything besides braking my phone in my pocket when I nailed my leg jumping on the thing. Taught me not to park in front of what I'm working on.
1990 Restored with a bit of aftermarket goodies might be for sale?
1993 ex. cab 2wd soon to be 4wd Newest Project
1998 ex. cab 12v 4x4 now a 5 speed SOLD
redneckroot
14mm rotor

Postby Gots_a_sol » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 am

My dad did a similar thing. He had his truck in the driveway (I was working on my jeep in the garage) and was doing something but he reached in and wiggled the shifter around and thought it was in neutral, nope 1st gear. The truck drove into the garage, rear-ended my jeep, then shoved it into the work bench where I had been standing not 1 minute earlier (I went inside to grab a drink)

He got a dent in the front bumper from the receiver on my jeep and the hood got bent backwards when it hooked on the open garage door. No injuries fortunately.
-Joe

00 Excursion - 12v/nv4500, he351cw, 5x12s, 366 spring, THD piston pump, 4" intake/exhaust
Gots_a_sol
fuel screw!!!!

Postby CumminsPower59 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:31 am

Back when I had my 91 W350, I was fixing the rear pinion seal in it, I had the transfer case in neutral so I could line up the driveshaft. I got all the work done, and crawled out from under the truck, and without thinking of putting the transfer case back in gear, I kicked the chock blocks away from the wheels. The truck sat for a few seconds, so I thought "ok", and I walked to the garage, just to see the ex-wifes face turn to complete fear as my 7000lb truck rolled down the driveway onto the hood of her Chevy cavalier. Still, to this day, I will always check the transmission and transfer case...just to make sure its where it needs to be :lol:
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Postby ahale2772 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 am

chances are...you wont do that again
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 am

Makes me not feel so stupid. I was so paranoid of my truck starting while I was breaking the dampner bolts loose, had it in 4th to keep the engine from turning, I pulled the shutoff and locked it out with my vice grips.

I'm waiting for the day when someone leaves it in a gear other than 1st or reverse and it roll starts, since it doesn't have an E-brake.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:50 am

THATS IT ! ! ! ! ! no more 1st gens for you. :lol: :lol:

I,m shure every single person that has worked on trucks/cars/tractors, has done something like this if they would just
admit it.

Lord knows i have.......

Darwin
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby Gots_a_sol » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 am

Oh I have another, but it was an accidental start.

I was working on my honda (with remote start and a manual trans) and I had it parked in my driveway in gear while I was working on it (driveway is slightly inclined). I had the ass end jacked up with one of the wheels off. Well I knelt down to work on something and the planets must have perfectly aligned at that exact moment and somehow the correct combo of buttons on the remote in my pocket got pushed because next thing I know my key fob is beeping and before I could even think of why it was beeping, the car cranked to life and took off on me.

Fortunately my driveway is straight across from the neighbors and I had time to run up, open the door, jump in and hit the brakes (killing the engine) before it hit anything. Only damage was the rear bumper got messed up a bit as the car fell off the jack stand/ran it over and the dust shield on the side without the wheel got bent/scraped up. Plus some scrapes in our driveway, the road, and a little bit of the neighbors driveway haha.
-Joe

00 Excursion - 12v/nv4500, he351cw, 5x12s, 366 spring, THD piston pump, 4" intake/exhaust
Gots_a_sol
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ellis93 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:50 am

1STGENFARMBOY wrote:THATS IT ! ! ! ! ! no more 1st gens for you. :lol: :lol:

I,m shure every single person that has worked on trucks/cars/tractors, has done something like this if they would just
admit it.

Lord knows i have.......

Darwin

Here as well :oops: well mine was different. I forgot to pump my brakes before backing out off my four post lift, threw it in reverse,let off the clutch and away I went,straight thru our tin privacy fence behind the shop. Fence was screwed,the dodge was fine. My receiver was in like always and caused the fence to skid under the truck.
my brother mashed the clutch cancel button on a tacoma without checking for neutral. The truck was still on the lift so it stayed put but did a good little burn out :lol:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am

Damn, Andrew, didn't we talk about the "NO PARKING BRAKE" ? :P
I have everything, including a straight bumper that needs your plastic, but I'd almost bet that bumper will straighten out pretty good.
As far as the grille, I may have one that's as good as the last one I sold you, if not better.
I definitely have the fender and core support.

Don't feel bad, when I was 22, I once ran myself over with a '73 Road Runner.
Had it parked on car ramps, with no blocks behind the rear wheels, which was very stupid, because I knew damned well that I was replacing the B&M shifter cable. Guess what happened! :roll:
I had an imprint of the driver's front tire on my arm for a week, I was lucky that's where it stopped, instead of the whole car rolling on over me. :shock:
I hollered for about 2 minutes and the old man came out and pushed the car ahead, so I could free my arm.
I was really lucky it didn't do more than a little bruising and the week-long tread pattern.

Then there's the time an automatic tranny that was "rebuilt" malfunctioned in neutral and ran a buddy through the wall at another buddy's shop.
Didn't hurt him and only ripped up 2 pieces of sheetrock and a wall stud.

This damned crap can really be dangerous. :(

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby Begle1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I've always been a fan of "twatwaffles". Great expletive.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Good expletive, Begle, but that's more of a dropped your toast on the floor word IMHO.

In this scenario I don't think any expletive woulda covered it. I think I would have just stared at my truck with my mouth hanging open.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Lounge