Pullits got a new"er" pile

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Pullits got a new"er" pile

Postby pulltilbroke » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:10 pm

They sure are Jeff, I stripped all the clear off em though so I could polish em.
90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
93 W350 ext cab dually, getrag and a few adjustments
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 pm

cmann250 wrote:Do you know off the top of your head what Dodge calls that color of blue on your hood? I really like it

I think it's a version of Electric Blue, but keep in mind, it was on a truck with a custom paint job, which also incorporated a version of Mopar's Plum Crazy Purple.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby cmann250 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 am

Mark Nixon wrote:
cmann250 wrote:Do you know off the top of your head what Dodge calls that color of blue on your hood? I really like it

I think it's a version of Electric Blue, but keep in mind, it was on a truck with a custom paint job, which also incorporated a version of Mopar's Plum Crazy Purple.

Mark.

Oh ok thanks Mark. That could explain why I don't think I've seen that color of 1st gen before
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby 1990 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 pm

cmann250 wrote:
Mark Nixon wrote:

Mark.

Oh ok thanks Mark. That could explain why I don't think I've seen that color of 1st gen before

I believe this is the same colour. This colour isn't common for sure. I've never seen one in person expect for mine. We'll it looks similar hard to tell with different lighting.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... blue+color
2012 Subaru WRX TP Stage 1 DD
1990 D250 4WD CONVERSION Retired
fuel screw!!!!

Postby pulltilbroke » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 pm

So I fixed some more of the PO's fingerprints over the past couple days. Been sorting out wiring and lighting issues. I've been having issues with the running lights not wanting to work right and after I wired in a new headlight plug I thought those problems were solved, I guess they weren't. On my way home from Sioux City yesterday froom getting a core Getrag for Dan's truck the running and dash lights quit again. So I dug into it today and found a bad splice in a wire coming from the switch so that got fixed and I also found the PO never hooked the ground back to a switch so when I put a switch in a while back I never saw it till today. Now the dome light works with the switch and running lights work as they should, for now. I also fixed the cargo light so its in working condition now. The original switch must have stuck on so they unplugged it, after a trip to Marks for the correct 93 cargo light switch and a nicer cargo light every thing there work like the factory designed it.

The truck now has different back window in it after a little mis hap with a buddys 4 wheeler.
90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 am

Welp, the 1st major road trip in this unit starts in about an hour or so. Goin to central Wisconsin.

Should be about 1250 miles round trip. And I get to at a state that I've never been to to the traveled list.
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:07 pm

IT DIDN"T BLOW UP!!! Only issue was a brake switch rattled loose so cruise wouldn't work, Fixed it on the side of the road then proceded to twist my knee in a way it was never designed, that made the last 150 miles of the trip fun. However even though I'm in pain now the trip was awesome. Got to see some country I havn't seen since I was knee high and got to see a new state I havn't been to before. Other than that the truck is really comfy with its bucket seats, cruise and added wheel base. This will be my new trip truck. I actually had to lock er in in the icy hills of Wisconsin.

The highlight of the trip was when Me and pops stopped in New Ulm Minnesota and Visited our favorite Brewery. I got a hat and a couple shirts in the gift shop but sadly this is the off season and only do tours of the brewery on the weekends. I did stock up on a few beers I like though that are hard to find localy.

I'll have some pics up shortly.
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Glad you made it back safe buddy! 8) Waiting on the pics! ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:10 pm

PICS!!!!

There was a lot of cool old barns in WI

The Highlight of the trip was seeing this place in New Ulm Minnesota

stopped and snapped a couple when I was driving out
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:10 am

Man i love old barns, thanks for takin me along Andrew.

Dar
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Did a rattlecan rebuild on it tonight. It is now all one uniform color.

ImageImage
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Got all the trim and emblems on today along with the front wheel mouldings. I also got some new chrome edging for the dually flairs.

pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:12 am

Hole.

Lee.

DAMN!!!

I am jealous!!!
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 am

I wonder what your neighbors think about all this painting trucks in the parking lol.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:53 pm

One of my neighbors kept coming out every half hour to check my progress. Most of em don't mind.
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge