questions about another fourm and there policies???

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

questions about another fourm and there policies???

Postby swampthang » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:41 pm

ok guys to start off i am not trying to piss off anyone or start a fame war or anything like that ......

i just have a few questions about DTR ??

how many of you have recived infractions for advertising in the fourms???

were you advertising or was it mis wording ?

how many have you got ??

how many of you have goten you for sale ads removed because of so called advertising for you company in the ad ??

i ask these questions becase i hace very recently had alot of problems on there site with so called advertising in the fourms and just a while ago i had all my classified ads remover for what he called advertising in the ad my ad was the same as what i have here minus the sig that i have here and my advertising in the fourms was me answering questions people had asked about parts for trucks and i told them that i make parts that they would need i did not put my company name in there i did not list a prive i did not even put down contact info i told the person to pm if they wanted more info is that advertising in a fourm ?? i dont see it as advertising what i have here in my sig is advertising in a fourm it has my company name my contact info and what i do that is a advertisment AND I THANK YOU GUYS FOR IT !!!!

so if you have had problems like these please let me know i love DTR it is a great site i am just confused as to what there deal is if it is personal problem with me or what when i ask about exactly what i did i get very rude condecending replys back and threats but no answers so i can understand what i am doing wrong i was told that 99% of the memebers on the site have only had one waring about it and they got it am i just stupid or is there something i just dont get ???

thanks again

JC
Bloody Knuckle LLC
Transport,custom fabrication and used parts.

Based out of Halltown Mo 65664

JC
bloodyknucklellc@gmail.com
swampthang
fuel screw!!!!

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:56 am

I cannot help you about advertising but maybe give some advice?

A LOT of sites have sponsor boards up, DTR doesn't. The other boards have had flame wars over products and sponsors jump in and tear others apart. Doesn't happen a lot but it has. I think DTR wants to keep it VERY user friendly. If you answered questions like those you talk about, it might stir up a lot of jealousy among others who don't do it.

Now, I am not telling what to do but I suggest not keeping your sig at DTR. Word of mouth travels fast there. You will get your business from people there if you do excellent work, which I am sure you do. :D

There are other sites where you can sponsor and drum up business. Then it usually gets notice and told to others on other boards. Something happened with a sponsor (cannot remember who) who tore other sponsors apart. From what I have now noticed, 2 other boards where he was a member have banned him. Word travels fast on the internet.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Jon
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby swampthang » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:32 pm

thanks for some insite but i dont see how them being rude and condecending to me is keeping there site VERY user freindly i am a user of there site and they are treating me like a thief he even acused me of stealing from his site ??? i dont know what is the deal but i am still having pm on there site with this person and still not getting any answers his last mesage stated i have answered all of you questuions YOU just dont like the what i said all he sad was no means no and this is you last warning all he is doing is gettting mad at me and taking it personaly which in the rules they say they dont do ya right

JC :)
Bloody Knuckle LLC

JC
swampthang
fuel screw!!!!

Postby wannadiesel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:32 pm

I see DTR from the backside, so here's my take on this - understand that I am not here to cheerlead for DTR or bash JC, I am just attempting to explain why things are the way they are.

JC, I can tell you that it's not personal. That place is so busy that nobody has time to make a list of people to hassle. If you haven't been banned, nobody hates you personally.

At DTR we require people to pay for the privilege of advertising on the forums. The reason we are so strict with anything that looks like an ad is that if we let people advertise for free, it's not fair to those who've paid to advertise.

As far as the classifieds are concerned, we don't allow business ads in there. That's a place for guys to sell a couple spare parts. We've nailed several guys to the wall for trying to run it like their personal web store.

I'm not sure who you've been dealing with over there, but I know you and I have talked about this before and I thought we had come to an understanding. Lary has his phone number listed, why not call him and talk to him?

The infraction system has been a debacle from day one. It freaked out all the users even though it did not change how we enforced the rules. All it did was make it easier for the admins to keep up with who had been warned about stuff and who hadn't so that we could act as a team.
'93 D350 LE Club Cab dually, Getrag, 3.54 Pow-R-Lok with: DPS EDM's, HTT Stage IV/14wg, Con-FE, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, custom fuel pin, Walbro secondary fuel system.

Best dyno: 408/844
wannadiesel
diesel guru

Postby swampthang » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:40 pm

thanks wanna yes we have talked about this before and i know i can not advertise in fourms or in the classified as a company that i get it is when i say something that is meant to help someone and i get a infraction for advertising in the form and get acused of being "dishonist" and "stealing" from the web site is when it begins to piss me off i have still not got any answer from him on what EXACTLY i did in my classified that was advertising like i said the only thing i can even think of was that i used my comapny e-mail addy as a contact which was i slip up on my part i did not even think about it but if that was it i dont see any reason to delet all my adds could he just not have edited my e-mail addy out nad let me know i cant use it ?? would have been much nicer and alot easyer i mean i wpould have went back and removed my addy if i knew i was not soposed to use it i type all my for sale ads the same witht he same addy which is why i did not even think about it being a problem on the site

how do you stop doing something "wrong" when you dont know what it is you did wrong ??

JC
Bloody Knuckle LLC

JC
swampthang
fuel screw!!!!

It's all about the $$

Postby Ace » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:02 pm

The problem is like Wanna said, any time there is advertising dollars involved you cannot even come close to or make the slightest hint towards anything that even faintly resembles advertising of any kind if you are not one of the paid advertisers.

It's dog-eat-dog out there. If there's money involved, any questionable or eveny slightly questionable issue of this nature is always going to go in favor of the advertisers, no questions asked.
Ace
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:56 pm

wannadiesel wrote:
The infraction system has been a debacle from day one. It freaked out all the users even though it did not change how we enforced the rules. All it did was make it easier for the admins to keep up with who had been warned about stuff and who hadn't so that we could act as a team.

And the infraction system isn't all inclusive, either...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge