installed 4 inch down pipe

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

installed 4 inch down pipe

Postby gobigorgohome » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:21 pm

i had some spare piping and some time so i decided to make a 4 inch dp, all went well till i had to put some flex pipe in to take up some room, it i had a 30 degree bend all would be perfect but thats in the days to come. so wehn i drove it i let the trk warm up some then stomped on it! lol normally i can only hear the turbo to about 10psi then engine covers the noise. now it screams like a raped ape all the time when its makin boost, reminds me of a duramax when they boost up. lol its nice to hea the turbo for longer then a few seconds tho lol ill post some pics shortly maybe a video too
91 4x4 with the 727, has the factory tach!
Boost gauge installed 27psi, new exhaust manifold here just not on yet. Pyro installed all glowshift units. 173 HP baseline before poor mans 4 inch dp
gobigorgohome
fuel screw!!!!

Re: installed 4 inch down pipe

Postby JeffTheMarine » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:04 pm

I just got done installing a 4inch turbo back all the way to behind the rear tire and I have to agree. You can hear the turbo spool and it seems like it spools faster now to me. I have been enjoying it. Glad to hear someone else is too.

Jeff
1981 Dodge W250 Crew W/94 12V&NV4500+NP205
Mods: Ground #100Plate,AFC Foot ground,BHAF

1990 Dodge D250 NonIC 12V Smoke screw flush,Fuel pin turned, Star wheel bottomed -5 clicks, fuel screw in 1 extra turn
JeffTheMarine
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Lounge