Pullits got a new"er" pile

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Pullits got a new"er" pile

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:13 pm

PToombs wrote:Mark just wants to "borrow" the drum of turd polish to up the value of his fleet. :mrgreen:

You caught me. :(
My problem is, that stuff doesn't work too well on just pieces of trucks. :?
It seems that I have to actually ASSEMBLE them for "Turd Polish", to increase their value. :roll:

WTF is UP WITH THAT?!?! :lol:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby PToombs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:16 pm

:jumpsmile:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:46 pm

That front grill turned out nice. 8)
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby pulltilbroke » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:06 pm

Bill This bed is an absolute pile of shti. If it wasnt so bad I would fix it put theres a bunch of rust half the toolboxes are missing and I already have a box for it. Someday i'd like to put a bed on like what Philip has but those are kinda pricy. I could use the Bradford off the old mans truck but I dont like the design of it..

Shoot if i let Mark borrow the drum of turd polish i get an empty barrel back. :lol:
90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
93 W350 ext cab dually, getrag and a few adjustments
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:37 pm

pulltilbroke wrote:I could use the Bradford off the old mans truck but I dont like the design of it..

Shoot if i let Mark borrow the drum of turd polish i get an empty barrel back. :lol:

You'd WANT the barrel back? :(

I told you once (Or twice?) I'd swap the Old Man's Bradford for your choice of dually beds here. :roll:
I happen to think that design is the MOST PRACTICAL flatbed I have seen, yet.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby pulltilbroke » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Yeah pretty sure a box would look alright I guess. Just found this pic on another sit and this is pretty much how it will be set up but a different color scheme and different mirrors.

90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:05 am

There was that one kid at SOP that had a solid gray dually with a pick-up bed on it that looked pretty good too. I forget his name though... :oops:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Yep, I remember that truck. Looked good but he left before I had a chance to talk to him.
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Had a little weight on the back of it today. Had to move some steel plates that were 72" x 172" and 3/4 thick. I dod the math and each one weighed 2631.29 lbs for a grand total of 10525.2 !!!!! on the back of the truck just in steel not counting the dunnage.

pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby Philip » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:03 am

Its seting pretty good for that load.

Did they turn their back long enough for you to run down to the local scrap yard????

What you been keeping a drum of turd polish hide for all these years. Damn my cab has been needing that for years now. :lol: :lol:
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Well, it's minus a bed ATM.
Andrew came over to borrow the torch and lift off the very rusty flatbed with the iH.
The '93 left here, looking like a bobtailed road truck, about an hour ago to get a bed put onto it.
I'm sure Andrew will be posting pics in a few hours. :lol:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby PToombs » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:22 pm

It's been a few hours, where's the pics!? :x
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby CumminsPower59 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Yeah, where they be???
Ike

91 W350 SRW, 3.07's, NV4500, 370's, THD LPPP, Super HX40, 2nd gen IC swap, BHAF, Isspro's, 2" lift, 285's on 3rd gen 17"'s.
04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI 5speed
CumminsPower59
14mm rotor

Postby pulltilbroke » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:31 am

Well just got home. Its got a bed on it now(thanks michael) and I must say it looks pretty friggin killer. had to jimmy rig some temporary lights to get home as I will splice in a new rear harness tomorow. Jeff (stillsmokin) helped me put the bed on and after we got the lights rigged up we stopped for a bite and to find some Guinness and some Stella Atois to make some some Black and Tans, They were delicious. You get lots of funny looks when you roll into the Grocery store all grungy and dirty driving a multi colored 1stgen with rigged tailights and buy some Snobby beer.

All I got is a few cell phone pics that will be up in a few minutes.

BTW thanks for the help today Mark.
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 am

pulltilbroke wrote:.....You get lots of funny looks when you roll into the Grocery store all grungy and dirty driving a multi colored 1stgen with rigged tailights and buy some Snobby beer.....

BTW thanks for the help today Mark.

No problem, come get that nice bumper to-morrow, the other truck's getting a Pete one.
As far as being dirty and getting dirty looks, a dirty look doesn't hurt a dirty man. ;)

Mark.
Mark Nixon

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge