Getting to know each other.

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Getting to know each other.

Postby BobS » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:00 am

BC847 wrote:Bunch of young'uns. :roll: I need an old-fart to trump me.

Have no fear, your old fart is here! My name is Bob and I was in my second year of school when you were born which makes me headed for age 62 in eleven months. I assembled my first car in 1965 which was a 1956 Chevy. My first diesel experience goes back to 1973 when I bought my first crawler tractor which had a 3 cylinder Hercules engine. I am now retired due to health reasons. I generally stop by this forum a few times a day hoping to learn something new or to share some of my learning experiences with somebody needing help. I also am an Administrator and Moderator on another Cummins engine swap forum where I use the same member name.
BobS

Creating jobs is a byproduct of making a PROFIT!

91.5 W250 NV4500 Conversion
89 D350 Stock
92 W250 Crew Cab finally in progress
86 D150 wannabe 4BT http://4btswaps.com/
BobS
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:59 am

See it's always cool to learn a little about the guys your talking too. I figured some of the people on here were older then what they are. I remember being one of the young ones back in 01 and 02 over on Diesel-central trying to learn all I could from Brian(KTACummins). That site is long gone though with a ton of great info.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:32 am

Ya it nice to know a little about the people you converse with,especially since I've never made it to any events cause there just too damn far away. Sad to see so few willing to share tho :cry: :lol:

Guess I should call someone out :lol:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby PJ 3 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:23 pm

ok.......ok......I'l bite . The name is Pete. I'm another one of those so called " old Farts " :lol: 52, married for 25 years and one boy. I worked as a papermaker for 25 years until the closure in 2005. What do I do now ? I work as a professional fishing guide for atlantic salmon 4 months, snow removal 3 months, lobster fish 2 months, and the rest of the time doing carpentry. I also spin a few power saws in whatever time that's left repairing log homes and building log furniture. I spend my free time at my camp up in the mountains and try to do a little flyfishing whenever my better half say's go.......just get out of my hair....... :lol:

I was on my way into the bank one day back in june of 1992 to get some cash cause I was heading to Labrador on a fishing trip and I saw this dodge truck in the mall , brand new cummins turbo diesel. I fell in love with it and bought it when I got back home and have been driving it ever since. I had it off the road for 2 years for a restore but it's back in good condition with the engine still running strong. I would have to say that it is the best investment I ever made in vehicles over my life ! Richie brought me to this site and it has helped me tremendously while tearing into my old girl and rebuilding it. Thanks to you all...... ;)

If anyone of you are into hunting or fishing and are ever up this way in Northern New Brunswick give me a holler 8)
Pete

1992 W250
PJ 3
fuel screw!!!!

Postby oldestof11 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Dave, what is EMTD???

I know 1st Responder, B's (myself), I's, and P's (my daddy 8) Going on 17 years now)... The new stuff is going to be EMTA, EMTB, and EMTP.

Also, no more FF1, 2 or 3... Just FFA and FFB iirc.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:42 pm

ellis93 wrote:Guess I should call someone out :lol:

You talkin' ta me? :lol: I ain't ready yet, figure I'll let you guys embarass yourselves a little more before I do it. :mrgreen:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:04 pm

PToombs wrote:
ellis93 wrote:Guess I should call someone out :lol:

You talkin' ta me? :lol: I ain't ready yet, figure I'll let you guys embarass yourselves a little more before I do it. :mrgreen:

How'd you guess :mrgreen:
We all pretty much know the basics. Beer drinking,wrench turning perv that likes john deeres :lol: I think the deere part is the worst :mrgreen:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:13 pm

oldestof11 wrote:Dave, what is EMTD???

Defib. ;)

Not to be confused with a 911 operator's EMD certification ~ Emergency Medical Dispatch.

I got most of my certifications by way of the typical weekend fire/rescue college stuff. As such it often took a while. In fact, when I finally completed the Driver/Operator cert, the curriculum had changed to the point that some of the classes I had taken earlier, were no longer required. :roll:
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby oldestof11 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:17 pm

So does it fit between the EMTB and 1st Responder? Seems like it.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:45 pm

oldestof11 wrote:So does it fit between the EMTB and 1st Responder? Seems like it.

I know things have changed since I was in it, but there was: 1st Responder, EMT-B, EMT-D, EMT-I, and then EMT-P.

The way I understand it, the EMT-D thing came about as the result of the automated defib units becoming widespread. I have all ideas the Defib thing is now covered in the EMT-B level.

It seems it's now standard practice with CPR training now.
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby Kasper Cummins » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:13 pm

Im Luke Kasper. Im 21 years old and just bougth a house in Melrose, Minnesota. Not married and no kid but I had been dating my girlfriend for a year now.
I went to WyoTech for collision/refinishing (body work) and chassis fabrication. Then I got a job as a painter at Notch MFG. I do any thing from loading trucks, power washing, to snow removal.
Traeded a 01 Ford F450 that I was going to back half for my 92 dodge.
I enjoy anything performance or farm related and I'm always willing to help with ideas for any project.
92 W250 club cab

Kasper Performance Fabrication
Kasper Cummins
fuel screw!!!!

Postby KTA » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:07 pm

I am Brian, I am 32 and still trying to figure things out. I have a masters in Mechanical engineering and work for John Deere. I am a problem solver, not a designer so complain about that stuff to somebody else.LOL I farm grain and have my own machine shop of limited capabilities. I am mostly self taught but can do about anything from laying brick, plumbing, electrical, furniture making, cabinet building, you name it I have probably done it in the construction field. I have a fully endorsed CDL and have never had a regular drivers license. i gualified right off my permit for a intrastate CDL. I have operated all sorts of heavy equipment and own 2 combines and 5 tractors and a pile of other iron that goes with it. I also have some collector cars and trucks I work on once in a blue moon when I get time. Currently I am working on making my house a little nicer hoping to have it restored for its 200th birthday coming up. For fun I like to hike, camp,rock climb, shoot guns, kayak, blow things up, and enjoy the company of a good woman or two. :lol: I build parts and engines for pulling tractors and trucks as well as other competition vehicles.
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Postby stillsmokin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 am

I'm Jeff, I'm 36, married 7 years, no kids. My background is different than most as I grew in in the city and halfway through my young life moved to the country. I grew up learning how to fix things out of necessity since my dad was self employed. I am a pretty quiet guy. I have a pretty strong opinion on certain things. I went to college at the University of Nebraska for 2 years and finally decided couldn't really get the degree I wanted without moving to Michigan. So as a compromise I went to Southeast Community College and graduated from the GM ASEP program with honors. Got my ASE master certification which I've held for 15 years. After that I put in a couple years as a technician for GM, went to Ford for a short time as well. This is where I started to see the beauty of diesels. I almost took a job teaching automotive and light duty diesel at WyoTech in Laramie, Wyoming in 2004 but, I couldn't make the relocation aspect work. I worked for the BNSF railway as a journeyman locomotive diesel mechanic "machinist in union terms" for a while this spring. I really liked the job and regret I couldn't make it work but, I resigned to find a job that allowed me to have a life after only 2 months there. I mainly worked with GE 4400HP V12 evolution 4 stroke locomotives but, did some work with the old reliable GM built EMD 2 stroke 2900-4400HP V16s. I still would like to teach automotive / diesel technology somewhere but, can't really find my way into a job like that here. So, I guess I am at an impasse in my career.

I do most of the work on the puller in a 2 car garage, most of the machines and tools I have are older than dirt. I acquired most of the tools I have broken and then fixed them. Machine tools are high dollar toys in the midwest. I have worked on alot of old iron, I once brought a 31 cadillac V12 back to life after a 30 year slumber. I love old american iron, have had alot of GM big block powered cars and trucks, I currently have (2) 81-87 chevy K30s and this old dodge diesel. :grin:
92 W250LE REG CAB, SLED PULLER, S400
93 W350LE EXT CAB, dually, 5 speed
stillsmokin
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ahale2772 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 am

Im 21 years old and just bougth a house in Melrose, Minnesota

wait.... what did I miss? 21 and you just bought a house? ...nice!
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby collegekid » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 am

Names Truxton Fox, Im 24, living in Stephenville getting my degree in Biology and minor in Chemistry. First 1st gen Ive owned, love it, but looking to part with it to find a new project. I currently own my own custom shop where we build custom living quarters and trailers, as well as everything else that people want. Ive been wrenching since I was 10 and love it. Played College Football for 4 years and rodeo for fun now.
1992 D350 CC LB 5-spd CTD, 366 GSK, Rotated Fuel Pin, Fuel Screw 1 turn off runaway, Factory Match Pyro and Boost, 4" Diamond eye exhaust, and a broken front sway bar :-)
http://photobucket.com/truckytruck
collegekid
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge