2012 Chat /BS Thread

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: 2012 Chat /BS Thread

Postby PToombs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Lance, good that you're kicking that siht, it's just plain bad for ya. Rots your teeth, mouth, and cancer is nasty. Good luck and keep going.

Ike, you should try harder too. Maybe your GF doesn't like to taste it when she kisses ya? :lol:
And a helpful hint, cover their windows! They'll go nuts and give you something to laugh at. ;)

Alex, that's alcohol abuse! :lol:

As for the weather, it was 0 here this morning, and forcast is for rain and 40* tomorrow. I don't mind no snow and the cold, but this rain siht has to stop! :evil:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 pm

SNOOT wrote:We have snow finally!!! Seattle area.. As for me the last couple months have been hell... I use to chew a can of tobacco a day for the past 20+ years. When I decided to quit I had no idea what my body would go through. I have had some of the worst side effects I think a person could have. My anxiety level hit 9-10 on a scale of 1-10 and I thought I was going to die at times. Two days ago I took my last dip and was down to as little as one dip a day for over a week. I can say it really sickens me now looking at a can of chew as every time I hit it up it would just bring back the anxiety a few hours later. I am still having a few issues in the AM and PM but make it through a full day of work.

I have the very same problem with the anxiety if I've not had any in awhile. I hate to ask but how are you working thru that. I've tried chewing gum and eating peppermint life savers till I'm sick to death of both.
I've dipped copenhagen snuff for the last 16yrs and seems its as much a part of me as my big toe on my left foot. I like its taste and its hard for me not to want the siht,only reasons I NEED to quit is my wifes been on my a5s for 4yrs about it. Says my insurance would go down,and my kids would have a dad for a longer time. Seems that should be enough and it is for my heart and brain but not for the cravings of it. It surly is a freaking problem. After about 6or7hrs I'll start sweeting and get jittery. Even more short tempered with automotive problems and the customers.

Boy that reads out bad don't it :|
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 pm

My brother goes threw 2 logs a week now. He has been dipping for 7 years. I smoked for a while and just stoped one day after I realized how much it was costing me. I guess being a cheap azz was enough to make me stop.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby SNOOT » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

ellis93 wrote:
I have the very same problem with the anxiety if I've not had any in awhile. I hate to ask but how are you working thru that. I've tried chewing gum and eating peppermint life savers till I'm sick to death of both.
I've dipped copenhagen snuff for the last 16yrs and seems its as much a part of me as my big toe on my left foot. I like its taste and its hard for me not to want the siht,only reasons I NEED to quit is my wifes been on my a5s for 4yrs about it. Says my insurance would go down,and my kids would have a dad for a longer time. Seems that should be enough and it is for my heart and brain but not for the cravings of it. It surly is a freaking problem. After about 6or7hrs I'll start sweeting and get jittery. Even more short tempered with automotive problems and the customers.

Boy that reads out bad don't it :|

Its tough the sooner you do it the better your brain has to adjust slowly and for me I just started reducing the amount I used. I stuck with a schedule and did not deviate from it. You will have to go through it some time you know inside so just start now.

What ever you do seek help from good friends or family they some how know you need help. I would have asked for help here but had to reduce the amount of time I was on the computer just to cope.

Your welcome to PM me for a phone number when you decide to do it...
1993 W350
SNOOT
14mm rotor

Postby SNOOT » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 pm

PToombs wrote:Lance, good that you're kicking that siht, it's just plain bad for ya. Rots your teeth, mouth, and cancer is nasty. Good luck and keep going.

Ike, you should try harder too. Maybe your GF doesn't like to taste it when she kisses ya? :lol:
And a helpful hint, cover their windows! They'll go nuts and give you something to laugh at. ;)

Alex, that's alcohol abuse! :lol:

As for the weather, it was 0 here this morning, and forcast is for rain and 40* tomorrow. I don't mind no snow and the cold, but this rain siht has to stop! :evil:

Thanks I am slowly getting back to normal my mind still feels numb at times though.
1993 W350
SNOOT
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 pm

SNOOT wrote:
Its tough the sooner you do it the better your brain has to adjust slowly and for me I just started reducing the amount I used. I stuck with a schedule and did not deviate from it. You will have to go through it some time you know inside so just start now.

What ever you do seek help from good friends or family they some how know you need help. I would have asked for help here but had to reduce the amount of time I was on the computer just to cope.

Your welcome to PM me for a phone number when you decide to do it...

I'll try your advice,quiting cold turkey doesn't work for me at all. Maybe a gradual decline might
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby diesel freak01 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:29 am

I decided to try and stop smoking last week. I bought an electronic ciggarette and the Marlboro Snus stuff, they both seem to help me but, I still really really wanted a cig. My gf told me over the weekend that I dont have to quit for her and if I wanted to smoke I could. I came up with a new plan rather than just cold turkey. When I was telling myself that I cant have one it made me want it worse. Now my plan is if I want one I will have it. Yesterday I had a few on the drive tow work (2 hour drive) and today so far i have only had one, so I think my plan is working so far! Good luck to you guys that are trying to quit!
1993 d350 ctd drw 2wd auto
diesel freak01
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:37 am

I cannot tell you how many kids have one burning before they even get out of the parking lot after school. Tons throw a dip in too. Ten years down the road they'll wish they had done different. Chalk me up as one that will do neither because of the problems you guys are having :)
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 am

Well, dammit, dammit, dammit!
It snowed here! :evil:

That's about as bad, or even worse, than some addiction, because there is totally NOTHING you can do about it. :(

Best way to cure an addiction?
Never start one. :roll:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:08 am

I smoked for 23 years, i tried to stop but nothing seemed to work, i guess i just wasn't in the right mind set.

one day my daughter ( 8 years old at the time) said dad i really want you to stop smoking, it's bad for you
and they said at school it's a drug, that was 11 years ago, it was hard but as mentioned good friends help
alot.

Dar
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby redneckroot » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 pm

We are suppose to get up to a foot tonight with 50 mile an hour winds, but the weathermen are never right anyways.

On a different note I've been busy trying to hunt coyotes out here and would more then welcome and helpful hints from anyone. I've got calls electric and mouth, red spot light that dies after 15 minutes. Haven't seen one yet but have had them respond vocally to my calling. It gets pretty old freezing your ace off half the night and not at least seeing one run through.
1990 Restored with a bit of aftermarket goodies might be for sale?
1993 ex. cab 2wd soon to be 4wd Newest Project
1998 ex. cab 12v 4x4 now a 5 speed SOLD
redneckroot
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:07 pm

redneckroot wrote:On a different note I've been busy trying to hunt coyotes out here and would more then welcome and helpful hints from anyone. I've got calls electric and mouth, red spot light that dies after 15 minutes. Haven't seen one yet but have had them respond vocally to my calling. It gets pretty old freezing your ace off half the night and not at least seeing one run through.

I've heard those decoys that are supposed to look like a squirrel or rabbit are good. They're furry, on a stake, and move :lol: They're called Quiver Critters, Mojo Critters, or any other off brand's similar name
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Looks like Andrew and I are leaving for Idaho to go pick up a Suburban this evening.
An impromptu trip "abroad", you might say. :D

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby pulltilbroke » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:00 pm

Well, The 90 needs more miles on it so me and Mark are Takin an impromptu trip to Idaho.

I will hoever be stocked up on smokes :lol:

See ya Thursday. :D
90 W250 reg cab, Modified knuder valve, reversed reciprocting dinglearm adjusted, High volume flux capacitor,upgraded whirlygig, A clutch and a hitch
93 W350 ext cab dually, getrag and a few adjustments
pulltilbroke
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:03 pm

No kissing, cousins! :lol: You guys have a safe trip and try not to kill each other. :mrgreen:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge