Jason Sands- JQMile-

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Jason Sands- JQMile-

Postby Mark Nixon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:29 am

Tacoclaw wrote:..I can't find a newer wheel that is simple enough for our old trucks. I'd like to find a 5-hole or spoke wheel with no bolts, rivets, jagged edges, writing, or any crap on it. Something simple and easy to clean.

Get you some round holed Alcoas, good looking and affordable, the way I like my women. :shock:
They have a simple, clean look, but they are a bit of effort to clean up, especially if they haven't been cared for.
Other than the cleaning, they fit your criteria pretty well, I think.

As far as painted, multi-colored or plain beat up, P-pumped or not, a if it's a 1st gen (Diesel! ;) ) that's all that really matters.

Although a matching paint job is a nice aspect. :D

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Re: Jason Sands- JQMile-

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:10 pm

We call those "Nuggets" around here. It pretty much covers any 10-hole wheel like that. I've got Outlaw 2s on my truck now, so I'm kinda over the hole look, you know?

I just found these last night:

Love that they're spokes, like that they're pretty simple, I just wish they didn't feel like they're not allowed to have a smooth surface on a wheel. Seriously, are those indentations needed around the bead area?!? I'd still kill to find a set of wheels like Meiser had on his truck:

Thin bead, lots of spoke, and no stupid, tacky crap on them to match the flatbillers chrome grill inserts. :twisted:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge