Its Halftime America

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Its Halftime America

Postby TWorline » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Too cool commercial W/Clint Eastwood for Chrysler!

Its Halftime America
Tim Worline
1992 W250 Club Cab LE, S300 62/71, 5" stainless intake, 4" into 5" exhaust, ATS exhaust manifold, SDX 5X18 Injectors, AirDog 150, Borgeson shaft, Coolingmist Vari-cool, Con OFEK, 3" Stainless CoolerTubz, 354/749.

http://www.CoolerTubz.com/
TWorline
14mm rotor

Re: Its Halftime America

Postby ahale2772 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:33 am

awesome commercial
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:20 am

I'm sick of Chevy and Chrysler harping to patriotism to sell cars.

"Detroit... Detroit... Detroit..."

Reminds me of,

"Katrina... Katrina... Katrina..."

I spent all weekend working on a POS 4.3 liter 2003 S10, your product sucked and nobody wanted them so you went bankrupt, get over it.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby cougar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 am

I spent mine digging the driveway out then having the well pump quit. If I want to watch people fight over something I'll just sit across the street from a bar.
RIP 91.5 W250 5 speed. The great experiment.
92 W250 HD 47RH with Compushift. Upgraded H1C to 62/60/16, Scheid Lightning VE, 60# valve springs, DAP 7X.010 injectors, 4" DE exhaust, home made cooler tubes.
01 2500 "the work truck".
cougar
14mm rotor

Postby CAJUN 93 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 am

Begle1 wrote:I'm sick of Chevy and Chrysler harping to patriotism to sell cars.

Reminds me of,

I spent all weekend working on a POS 4.3 liter 2003 S10, your product sucked and nobody wanted them so you went bankrupt, get over it.

REALLY? i work for a nissan-hyundai dealer currently and i can tell i'm really not impressed with nissan's product. they all build the same computer controlled, plastic filled junk. i think the point is that more domestic auto production is being moved back stateside. maybe what the government should have done was to move all the domestic manufacturing plants down here into these right to work states like nissan, toyota, mercedes, hyundai, and volkswagen did. we're happy to have the 18-22 dollar/hr jobs.

i wont even lessen an already ignorant statement on you're part by having a katrina discussion.

btw, maybe the problem isnt with the s-10
daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:10 am

I thought it was a decent commercial. It had to be 90 seconds long which would be close to $100 million. Their advertising must work if they can spend that kind of money.

About the brand bashing, I'm not impressed with anyone's new vehicles. Although I'm a closet Ford loyalist :lol: In my few years I have worked on almost every era/engine/brand of pick up '01 and older. I have my reasons for liking what I like :grin:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Caleb.....put heads on a 6.0 P/S recently... thats enough for me not to want one of those.

but i do agree they all have there problems.

Dar
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:53 pm

CAJUN 93 wrote:
Begle1 wrote:I'm sick of Chevy and Chrysler harping to patriotism to sell cars.

Reminds me of,

REALLY? i work for a nissan-hyundai dealer currently and i can tell i'm really not impressed with nissan's product. they all build the same computer controlled, plastic filled junk. i think the point is that more domestic auto production is being moved back stateside. maybe what the government should have done was to move all the domestic manufacturing plants down here into these right to work states like nissan, toyota, mercedes, hyundai, and volkswagen did. we're happy to have the 18-22 dollar/hr jobs.

i wont even lessen an already ignorant statement on you're part by having a katrina discussion.

btw, maybe the problem isnt with the s-10
daryl

Ignorance over Katrina? There was a year after the hurricane where it was mentioned every day on the news. Now it's still mentioned in any conversation about New Orleans. The Saints went to the Super Bowl, and even football became about Katrina. "This team... This city has been through so much..." The Saints lose in the playoffs this season, and Brees is still making sidelong references to Katrina. I'm sick about hearing about the damn hurricane. A past disaster does not give you a life-long chip on the shoulder to name-drop and garner endless sympathy. It's been over five years.

On the same note, I'm really sick about hearing about 9/11. Move the hell on, America.

And yes, I'm sick of hearing about Detroit. Adapt and move on, get over it, don't try to sell me a car by harping on how tough you've had it. "We based our city's entire economy on a single industry, then made unsustainable union pledges and had greedy CEO's drive us into the ground while producing crap product and then had the USA bail us out because we went under... We've been through a lot, buy our cars!" I'm not buying it.

And our economy moving backwards in relativity to the rest of the world is hardly something to celebrate in the first place. A transition back to a manufacturing economy means that we are less dominant than we were, that developing countries have caught back up to us to where we can no longer afford to pay them to do our own dirty work.

It's the 2002 S10 that's the problem, I assure you. The thing doesn't have a straight body panel on it, it's a salvage title, the thing was totaled and then put back together by Juan and Poncho, with a drop kit for good measure. Its never started right, its had a host of check engine lights for ever and picks up a new one with regularity, and my mother and her dumbass boyfriend decide it's a good deal because it has low miles. And of course it falls on me to keep the damn thing running, and after several nights and weekends dropping the tank, ripping the engine apart, re-replacing the crap-tastic aftermarket pieces that fail after a month, and still getting told, "I got a really good deal on it! It has really low miles, I hope you can fix it!" I assure you, the problem is the piece of crap truck.

And yes, cars are all pieces of crap. Life is crap. I'm sick of hearing about all of it. I'm not going to buy any crap just because it's crappier than the past crap or less crappy than the crap that's already crapped on me. Crap.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm

1STGENFARMBOY wrote:Caleb.....put heads on a 6.0 P/S recently... thats enough for me not to want one of those

Oh your fears are not unfounded :lol: The 2 biggest issues with 6Leakers is the EGR and oil cooler. If those issues are fixed, they are ALOT more reliable. And having to pull the cab to do much of anything under the hood is just poor engineering. But the more and more people become afraid of them, the cheaper they get :D
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Begle, I certainly agree on most of your points.
Many people want to hang onto the sticking points.
Katrina was a disaster, so was the Tsunami a couple years ago. Guess which we hear more crying over?
9/11 was an insult in 2 parts, these nutbag terrorists slapped the American people in the face, then the American Government proceeds to take our rights away in the interest of "Security", as a result of something it turns out they likely could have prevented.
And people still won't see the truth of it.

Then there's the people who are stuck in their own little worlds, those who could care less about anything until it affects them, then suddenly they see the light.
They don't like to talk politics in a realistic way, they just tune out when it's mentioned.
Like it's herpes or AIDS, or something.

You'd be surprised how many people tune out when I start on my political tirades, but I'll tell you what folks, people better start getting educated, or very soon it won't even matter that we are the "Good Ol' US of A".

We can start, in part, by getting rid of this Non-American "president" we have.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby ahale2772 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 pm

I dont think the add was trying to use patriotism to sell cars... honestly the add had nothing to do with selling cars till the last seconds when the brand logo's came on the screen (besides the carefully placed vehicles)... anyways.... america needs a kick in the ass, people to get off of their Iphones and pull their heads out of their butts and realize we are under the choke hold of more than one "ally" nation....
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:04 pm

ahale2772 wrote:I dont think the add was trying to use patriotism to sell cars... honestly the add had nothing to do with selling cars till the last seconds when the brand logo's came on the screen (besides the carefully placed vehicles)... anyways.... america needs a kick in the ass, people to get off of their Iphones and pull their heads out of their butts and realize we are under the choke hold of more than one "ally" nation....

It was a car commercial! Did the Fiat commercial with the stunning dominatrish Italian woman not have anything to do with selling cars until the last two seconds of the ad? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auZgAcQbTLw

This commercial was disappointing, because it was ludicrously captivating but then was only advertising a Fiat. I mean, that woman with that sensual direction deserves something with over 600 horsepower. Not a Fiat.

Mark Nixon wrote:Then there's the people who are stuck in their own little worlds, those who could care less about anything until it affects them, then suddenly they see the light.
They don't like to talk politics in a realistic way, they just tune out when it's mentioned.
Like it's herpes or AIDS, or something.

I hate those people too. The guys that babble on and on and on for years about how they missed their opportunity with the only good woman who ever was interested in them, how they sacrificed their soul to escape their obsessive convictions of love toward a girl that didn't know their name, how they were cowards and ran from the difficulties of life because focus only brought out the blemishes of their past actions...
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:04 am

You mean like a guy who is obsessed over a girl he gave an Indian burn to 15 years and has spent time tracking down? It was a commercial why let it get you all qorked up?
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:29 am

Begle1 wrote:
It's the 2002 S10 that's the problem, I assure you. The thing doesn't have a straight body panel on it, it's a salvage title, the thing was totaled and then put back together by Juan and Poncho, with a drop kit for good measure. Its never started right, its had a host of check engine lights for ever and picks up a new one with regularity, and my mother and her dumbass boyfriend decide it's a good deal because it has low miles. And of course it falls on me to keep the damn thing running, and after several nights and weekends dropping the tank, ripping the engine apart, re-replacing the crap-tastic aftermarket pieces that fail after a month, and still getting told, "I got a really good deal on it! It has really low miles, I hope you can fix it!" I assure you, the problem is the piece of crap truck.

And yes, cars are all pieces of crap. Life is crap. I'm sick of hearing about all of it. I'm not going to buy any crap just because it's crappier than the past crap or less crappy than the crap that's already crapped on me. Crap.

Before you pass judgment on a brand of vehicle you should start with one that's not molested and mutilated then rebuilt by people with limited skill. :lol:

I totally feel your pain on katrina. I live here about 160miles away and am sick of hearing about New Orleans. You never hear about waveland,ocean springs,gulfport,Poplarvile and several more. There was NOTHING left of Waveland,no home to go back to,only striped flat land with few old trees. Those people seemed to get over it,we did. I lost my whole house. Wind took of my roof and filled it with water,I'm just fine now!
New Orleans whole problem was it being a sink hole and the levy system never being maintained. Depression era pumps and eroding levies can't withstand driven water of that amount. That city was given federal money for maintaining its levy system every year in the form of grants. The grants were controlled and money distributed by a board. This board was investigated and found to have used the money for other things, like filling they're own pockets. Truly it was a real sorry deal and the people there had a bad time of it but its time to overcome and get over it.
Any body ever been on bourbon street and smell the air there, smells like soiled baby diapers

On politics......if you want to talk about it start up a conversation, I'll join in. You may like it,you may not.
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby CAJUN 93 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:48 am

Ellis, i fixed my roof went back to work and haven't looked back. i dont like that they mention katrina every time N.O. is brought up but hell the still mention the san fransico fire, al copone in chicago, the earthquake in alaska,etc. its part of the cities history and it's gonna get mentioned. i've said before, the people shown after katrina crying for help are the same group of government dependants that every inner city has. they rely on someone else to feed, cloth and transport them every other day of the year. why would that change during a national disaster. we appreciate the help we got from the government, coporations, church groups, etc.. most of us have moved on. the fact that it bugs so many other americans shows me that the majority of us have not faced a disaster of this proportion. i was and still am prepared with food, water and ammo. most were not.

BEGLE1, you might consider an exit strategy for the miserable life you now have and find a better one.

daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Lounge