My day

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

My day

Postby ellis93 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Got up this morning to go capture one rouge pot belly pig that was aggravating my sisters dogs. The owners just up and left the pig behind,along with some very small chickens :roll: I hate chicken :yuck: ,when they moved out about a month and a half ago. My brother in law contacted the owner and was told to shoot it,I of course wouldn't have that so I volunteered to catch it :mrgreen: I like pork sausage.
Here's the pig, my girl named it pumba :lol:

Da pig

Al went well till I left with the pig.
Pulled to the end of my sisters road to the stop sign. I had to stop cause there was a green 1500 dodge coming,so as we were waiting for the truck to pass my daughter and I struck up a conversation about what she wanted to name it. Just as she was telling me the truck jared rear ward and I looked forward to see a green dodge mating with the front of my chevy :mad:
Dude said he couldn't see my,I told him it was because he's head was up his a$$ :?

This is what I'm left with:

Damn!
Doh!

Could have been worse.

After I took several deep breaths to keep my head from exploding from the fit of rage I was having,I asked the dude who he was and what he wanted to do about this. Guy said his name and told me he wanted to pay for the damages out of his pocket. I then asked where he worked,turned out to be the new manager at our local autozone 8). So I then knew where to find this guy and torment him if he didn't man up and fix this,we exchanged all the proper info and we headed our own ways.
I called him about 11:30 and gave him a completed parts list to fix my front end and by 4 this afternoon I had all my pieces plus 400$ to boot.

I've never had that kinda deal work out for me before. Maybe there's still decent folks around after all :|
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Re: My day

Postby PToombs » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm

WOW! Good deal Mr. Ellis! That doesn't usually work out for me either. I had a scumbag run a stop sign in a Accent, I just grazed his car, and put a 10-12 inch wide dent in the rear quarter. No damage to the '97. I didn't even know I hit him, I thought I missed. He followed for a mile or so, so I pulled over. Oops, guess I did hit ya! I call the cops, then he can't find reggie or ins info. Call cops and cancel. I call my insurance company just in case dude changes his mind. After a few phone calls, I find out the guy won't talk to them, which is just as well, because the ins company was going to PAY HIM for running a stop sign! Just so they can jack my rates, bastards. He must not have talked, because I never heard anymore about it.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:31 pm

That's very interesting, Pete!

I had one where the guy never made a claim, though he would legally have had the right to a payout.

The short version of the story is that I lost control of a trailer on a wet road where I topped a hill into "stacked" traffic.
In trying to avoid plowing straight into him from behind, I attempted to drive it to the median, but in darting around him, the trailer still tagged the driver's 1/4 and rear door on the way by, then I proceeded to jack-knife the truck and trailer into the median.

Got the truck and trailer out, went back around and exchanged information with the fellow, but the insurance company NEVER DID PAY OUT on the deal, even though I contacted them about it every week for 3 months!
I figure it may have been a deal where he didn't really have insurance and the damage didn't make the vehicle un-driveable, so he let it go.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby ellis93 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Yeah,it worked out well. I would still rather that guy would have payed more attention. I could just imagine the air bags going off in front of my 5yr old daughter.
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby delsilver » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Glad you and you daughter were not hurt.
I do have a question about Pumba, how do you plan to explain, A: where Pumba went and B: why you have fresh bacon, pork chops etc when the time comes.
Had a rental car parked on the side of the road in front of a friends house, talking to him in the back yard when we heard a thump.
Looked up and my rental car was bouncing.
Ran out to the street and a Mazdz RX7 had side swiped it. She was all worried, because her husband had just finished having the car restored and there was a big gouge running the whole length of the passengers side of her car where she hit the mirror on my rental. Exchanged info but she wanted to pay for the damage instead of going through insurance so she met me at the rental place the next day. Got their estimate to fix, pulled out a brown paper bag and proceeded to pay cash with 20 dollar bills.
Turned out her husband was a local drug dealer which is why she didn't want cops or insurance involved.
Del
Delsilver
93 W250
Fuel pin turned 90 deg, starwheel turned down, timing 1/8 adjust
delsilver
fuel screw!!!!

Postby ellis93 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:32 am

delsilver wrote:I do have a question about Pumba, how do you plan to explain, A: where Pumba went and B: why you have fresh bacon, pork chops etc when the time comes.

Answer to A
To visit timon and simba in africa.
Answer to B
Walmart had a sale,she's a regular girl,they all love walmart :lol: Least that's what I told her about that last cow 8)

This pig will be a pin mate anyhow,it'll be company for one that'll be raised for meat. :D
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby bmoeller » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:44 am

ellis93 wrote:Answer to B
Walmart had a sale,she's a regular girl,they all love walmart :lol: Least that's what I told her about that last cow 8)

Glad I didn't have anything in my mouth to spit out!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge