SMOKE STORIES

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Postby DTanklage » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:13 pm

50 psi

they didnt blow, they came off the rims

like the rims spun right out of them

he said there was a bunch of melted rubber on the beads...

hoping to get a pic soon

don
slowass 2nd gen - ADRL pro mod bike #798 - 4.26 @ 175 mph (1/8m) - how quick do you wanna go?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby DTanklage » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:18 am

KTA wrote:
35" BFG AT stay on the rim at 700+rwhp, so I don't know how much power you are talking. My guess is either underinflated, or they got to hot from spinning and blew out.

are you running 16.5's on your truck kta?

i just found out that the reason they have done away with the 16.5 rim is that they do not incorporate any kind of safty lock on the bead portion

all the newer style and even the old 15" rims do

still, i was impressed that josh could spin both tires right off the rim in high gear

don
slowass 2nd gen - ADRL pro mod bike #798 - 4.26 @ 175 mph (1/8m) - how quick do you wanna go?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby KTA » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:26 am

Yes they are 35x12.5x16.5 BFG AT's.
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Postby DTanklage » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:43 am

i have those same tires on my truck and i love them

my tire guy got me four of them for 600 bucks but he was really pushing for me to chuck the wheels and start over. he is a buddy of mine, we go shooting togther etc, and he hates the 16.5 wheel. i had the fronts custom made years ago and really like em. but, when these bfg's finally wear out they are goin in the scrap bin

don

ps - when ya gonna get back to me about that pump?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby meby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:19 am

this happened a while ago.

I had just left work and was in a big hurry to get home that evening. It was a hot day, somewhere in the low 90's and quite humid. So I pulled out onto the road in front of our store, its four lanes thru town. As I pull up to the 2nd stop light, the left lane is empty while the right lane has a number of cars. I, being in a hurry pull into the left lane even though I need to turn right up the road about a city block from the light. While I am sitting at the light, I reach down and turn the chip on high. (This happened while we still had our f-350.) I am reving the engine a little, getting ready to make sure I hit green before the car beside me. The car beside me.....oh darn there are two cute chicks in there.... I think they think I am being a showoff. :oops: You know I most certainly didnt mean too. :shock: So, the light hits green, me being thoughly embarressed by this time, gun the engine and roar down the street and look back just in time to see their laughing faces dissapear in the smoke. Oh no, their car windows were open.....I didnt mean to....sorry.... :oops: ..... After I got over the embarressment, I laughed all the way home. :twisted: :roll: :lol:
-1991 D-250 bone stock
-2000 Ford Windstar TDI Diesel 5 spd
-1997 Civic Hatchback
-Case 530 CK
-Old Huskee Garden Tractor w/Cub Cadet deck, Simplicity Snow-blower, loaded tires & chains - is it weird the tractor is modded more than my truck?
-Speedex Walking Tractor.
-BCS Walking Tractor

www.ebyfarmsllc.com
meby
14mm rotor

Postby DLittle » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:42 pm

I had a meeting at work a couple of weeks ago and after the meeting was over everyone went outside to leave. I saw a couple of the managers off by themselfs smoking so I wheel over to talk for a minute before going home. There both talking to me through the passenger window and I go to leave and just lay on the coal and completely cover both of them in a black cloud. The next day at work they came up to me and said that half the crew was cheering and laughing. They were both good sports and said my turn was coming. I don't think I ever laughed so hard.
Dana

1992 W250 auto, 290 k, stock for now SOLD
1973 W100 SWB, D70,D60, 5.9 Twin Turbo SOLD
1993 W250 193k, Auto, TOTALED 10/30/2009
DLittle
fuel screw!!!!

ha ha ... a GOOD one

Postby chrislib » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:23 am

I have a pretty good one. After going to the GTG the DTR fella`s had in PA this past Aug I decided the time was right to max out the pump on my truck (you guy`s are a BAD influence, ha ha). Anyhow, I was hanging out with some co-workers afters hours a week ago Sat. We all start to leave and this guy with an 03 3500 GMC dually (gasser...yuck but a nice ride anyways) decides to lite em up. He does a pretty good brake stand considering theres alot rubber back there. NOT to be outdone I start spoolin up the old gal, two things happened:
1- the smoke level was like nothing I have ever seen come from my rig, and
2- I realized I was too close to another co-workers truck to be safe (he was parked on my RIGHT side).
So i back out of it, only to realize the golden oportunity at my disposal. I got in and out of the skinny all the while inching my ride along, I never did break the rear tires loose...COMPLETELY turned the entire side of this dudes truck (a WHITE 03 Hemi/Dodge) black, interior,exterior...all of it. I met up with GMC dude a bit down the road and he was laffing so hard he couldnt drive. Hemi guy hits my cell and proceeds to give a bit of a "talking to" HA HA! He was so ticked he could`nt get the words out. Did I mention Hemi guy is a TOTAL clean and shiny freak? I never knew what "Prince of Darkness" REALLLLY meant...oh I HAVE seen the light (or lack thereof).
It`s not about how hard ya hit...it`s about how hard ya can GET hit and keep movin forward.

93 W250 CC 4x4, Auto,7x010`s, D-Zilla/16cm, 5in exh, BHAF/Smoky...don`t call it ratty, that`s patina son!
chrislib
fuel screw!!!!

Environmental Smoke

Postby moab4x4 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:32 am

I missed third and hit fifth while a friend was trying to blow by me in his car. I kept even with him and the smoke piling out on his side of my truck was threating his open window when I ran out of street. He was watching the smoke show and said the motorhome behind us about disappeared. oops.

Moab has changed a lot since I was a kid and the tree huggers are really quite numerous and vocal.
I just figured out how to give them a real quandry.
I filled up on B100. Now the smoke smells like I left the fryer on too long.
Now I can lay down the smoke till the cars behind me disappear and the hippies won't know what to do.... Curse me for the smoke, or cheer that it is Bio. :lol:
Ken
92 W350 LE Getrag, 3.54, 4"/2" lift,
HTT Stage II, POD's, 4", PDR cam, KDP, 3200 GSK, Pin ground, Keyed Valet
Pyro, Boost in Message Center, Isspro tach, Damplifier-ed entire cab! Dual Batts, Keyless Entry, LED's in dash
moab4x4
fuel pin?

Postby nvbullhauler75 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:50 pm

Not really a big deal but got a 6.5 kill today
William M Copper Jr
nvbullhauler75
fuel pin?

smokey story

Postby cummins king » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:31 pm

i live in the country but not to far out from the city, and we get a ton of bikers. evry time i see a few of them side by side i pass them and i lay on the smoke :twisted: .i've never seen people so upset as they emurage from the smoke. :twisted: they expect us to give them a whole lane but they cant respect the rules of the road, and it gets scary when your doin 80km's and there doin 30kms on a hilly single lane road
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby 89silverbullet » Mon May 05, 2008 1:34 pm

I live in the only part of texas that has a bunch of :geek: trying to be lance armstrong. They close are roads and ride for about 20 miles at the speed of pain in my ass. I pull up next to them and say "b e a utiful morning" they respond with "too cold" totally set me up! I had to warm them up :twisted: . I dumped a cloud so thick one stopped and got off the rest flipped me off.

I have also made a neighbor hood punk fall off his bike into a bush from fuel to eyes overload :D
1989 d250 muffler delete diaphram turned, fuel screw turned, the lowes special intake
89silverbullet
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dodgetkboy78 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:05 pm

*I jst cure tailgating with my smoke......punch it about 40 in fifth and shell leave a good trail till about 70.
Had a guy follow me into Home Depot to gripe at me, because my truck was polluting the atmosphere. :cry: He hurt my feelings.

But the best one, I was racing a duramax up a couple mile long hill, I had more weight than him, and I was catching him. I coulda shifted earlier, but I went into fifth about 10 feet in front of his hood.
Poof! LOOK! A disseaperaing duramax!
dodgetkboy78
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dpuckett » Tue May 06, 2008 3:12 pm

Yesterday was Stinko de Mayo (may-oh). (This is America, I observe AMERICAN holidays; observe non-American holidays in your home country or at home). Had some obviously non-hsipanic kid in a chevy blazer with his big sombrero looking all smug and whatnot pull up along side of me. I went from 3rd to 5th at about 30mph, and left him in a cloud, or as big a cloud as my pile can make with my airflow enhancements, and stock sticks. I still saw him through the cloud, but it's more than that truck has smoked in a long time.

Most other times have been cases of "oops" like Matt's- in a hurry, and leave innocent victims. I warn people on the WalMart parking lot to get out of the way when I'm starting my pickup.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge