SMOKE STORIES

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

SMOKE STORIES

Postby nvbullhauler75 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:08 pm

Moderator put this in th proper place please but can we have a smoke stories section TDR used to have some good ones but I am (A)Getting cheap in my old age or (B)dont see the benifit for paying to look at the same thing you all have for free but no smoke stories Thanks
William M Copper Jr
nvbullhauler75
fuel pin?

smoke stories?

Postby DTanklage » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:46 pm

i am not sure what a smoke story is but if it is what i think it is i have a great one! happened yesterday, but not to me and i dont know if i can post it or not?

i will ask...

don
slowass 2nd gen - ADRL pro mod bike #798 - 4.26 @ 175 mph (1/8m) - how quick do you wanna go?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby nvbullhauler75 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:00 am

Yea thats why I was asking I have a good one actually i probally get one a day considering i have 100 miles to work and a hundred miles to drive home from work mods havent said yea or no yet
William M Copper Jr
nvbullhauler75
fuel pin?

Postby Begle1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:41 am

I think that you're safe posting smoke stories.

Neither the Boogie Man nor Chuck Norris are going to come and get you...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:38 am

It's the last week of school. Thursday. Seniors got out early, graduation was the next day. I was driving home, northbound along Hillside Avenue in Norco, and get to the intersection of 5th, which is a fourway stop.

Mr. Hibbler hides in the bushes at this interscection four days out of the week, and about half the city of Norco has gotten a ticket from this motorcycle cop. Everybody knows better than to run the stop sign at the corner of 5th and Hillside.

So I'm rolling up to the stop, and this white 7.3 liter Ford dually with A-piller gauges and dual exhaust tips is coming to the intersection on 5th street. He sees that I'm slowing down to a stop, and so he drifts through the stop sign and turns onto Hillside in front of me.

This happened before I came to a complete stop; the modified Ford cut me off. Ohh, the bastard.

So I gun it through the intesection and try to catch up to the guy, and he's only going the 25 MPH speed limit, so I catch him after 100 or so feet of going 30 MPH and lay on the coals starting when my tailpipe is at his back fender, and about the time my tailpipe gets to the drivers side mirror I notice Mr. Hibbler behind me with the flashy lights.

So I pull over and the Ford pulls over in front of me. Then Mr. Hibbler dismounts and the Ford drives away. Mr. Hibbler walks up to my window.
Whoever was driving that Ford owes me, because I saved him a ticket.

And I should mention that my old Pastor Bob (not THE Pastor Bob, but a man nonetheless referred to as Pastor Bob) lived right on that street, and I was pulled over in front of his house.

Word of advice: when a cop is approaching your truck, don't reach under your dash and pull the manual shut off. The rapid movement, coupled with the shaking of the truck and belt squeel, tends to provoke drawn guns and the shouting of "HANDS! LET ME SEE HANDS! DON'T MOVE!", and then you need to get out of the truck.

So I have Mr. Hibbler patting me down against the side of the truck with a gun drawn. All the while my school buddies are driving by me. And my old pastor is on the porch watching all of this with his wife and daughter.

"Do you know what I pulled you over for?"

To which I responded, as a car full of my buddies drives by honking, "hopefully not reckless driving or exhibition of acceleration".

He kind of smirks at me down his nose... "License, registration, proof of insurance please."

My truck had been rear ended and totalled on the freeway a month before this happened, and I had my insurance and registration information on my desk at home working on the claim. So I give him my license...

End Result:

Code and Section: 22450 (a) VC Stop Sign - Infraction
Code and Section: 27153 VC Excessive Smoke - Infraction
Code and Section: 16028 (a) VC No Insurance - Infraction
Code and Section: 21650 VC Driving on Wrong Side of Roadway - Infraction
Code and Section: 22350 VC Speeding (35.8 in a 25) - Advisement
Code and Section: 4000 (a) VC No Evidence of Current Registration - Infraction

Total cost: $451.00, 1 point on the license, and no traffic school for another 18 months. Had I done it a week earlier it would have been 2 points on the license, and had Mr. Hibbler been in a bad mood it would have been 3 points along with an arrest and impoundment.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Walmart Tire and Lube made me mad. So I put the truck in 3rd, low rpms, 6" stacks, fuel pin set deep, full power screw all the way in, foot on the brake, wind from the south, they on the north side of the road= Kill!!!!
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

got tire?

Postby DTanklage » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:51 pm

i dont know what a 'smoke story' is for sure, but maybe this qualifies -

remember i was talking about a new buddy of mine trying some fuel system ideas that i came up with? well, he didnt get to dyno on davids dyno last weekend cuz dave was sick or something, but yesterday he took it out on the street and blew both rear tires off the truck

literally...

he has some pix on his cell ph but i dont know if he will be able to get them on here or not

when he was telling me about it on the phone i started laughing and by the time he was done i was laughing so hard i was crying

don

ps - how much power does it take to spin a pair of 33x16.5's on the rim enough to have them come off? (he waited until he was in high gear before he mashed it)

the tires were 5 yr old sport king steel radials 33x12.50x16.5
slowass 2nd gen - ADRL pro mod bike #798 - 4.26 @ 175 mph (1/8m) - how quick do you wanna go?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby DTanklage » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 pm

pps - 3/4 ton w 3.55's and he waited until high gear about 1650 rpm before he mashed it - blew the tires off (black marks) and then blew the tires off (literally)

whatcha think?
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby rbrettctd » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:30 pm

Sounds typical for 5yr old sport kings...

I smoked a car pretty good today. We were coming to the end of 2 lanes into 1 lane, and the other car put on their signal so I stayed where I was to go around her. Look over and she flipping me off...the car just seemed to disappear in blackness...
Randy
1991 D-250 N/I CTD. POD's, , BHAF and unger custom intake /crossover, HX35/16, 4" exhaust to 6" tip, Custom ground pin. Isspro gauges on pillar. Now Getrag equipped, SB crap clutch (12") and 3.07 gears-ready to watch the mileage soar.
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

Soccer Mom

Postby nvbullhauler75 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:50 pm

I work in las vegas live over the hump in pahrump any how speedlimit is 65 over the mountain till four lane cruising along in my rice grinder nissan with yes (A FART CAN MUFFLER)as i have seen them called well soccer mom must be late4 to take little jimmy or sally to practice so she goes whipping by me at like 80 or 90 on the pahrump side the speed limit is 70 but with road construction going on and one lane for 34 miles of nobody doing nothing but have the one lane blocked soccor mom is having a stroke well we cruising along at a measily 45 miles an hour get to the end of road construction open up to 4 lanes then back to 2 lanes I decide to get after it a little bit anyway she literally misses hood of my car I end up getting home and get my truck goto taco hell for some food see soccor mom turn into wally world so i figure this is my chance she stops right in front of the doors i pull up behind her in my pickup honk at her to move she waves me by ok i go around her about the middle of the van start pouring the coal to it and by god soccer mom in van dissapears next thing i see soccer mom waving her fist at me and saying some very expletive things to me .Any ways smoke on Iam sure it doesnt help diesels reputation by smoking people out but it is still funny.I sit behind a 550 caterpiller with 18 gears 8 to 10 hours a day so i dont think one little puff of smoke from a 5.9 is gonna kill us(I HOPE)
William M Copper Jr
nvbullhauler75
fuel pin?

Postby oldestof11 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:38 pm

Dude use punctuation so we can read it better thanks Jon
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby nvbullhauler75 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:31 pm

ok
Last edited by nvbullhauler75 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
William M Copper Jr
nvbullhauler75
fuel pin?

Postby DTanklage » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:45 pm

rbrettctd wrote:
Sounds typical for 5yr old sport kings...

okaaayyyyyy......
DTanklage
14mm rotor

Postby KTA » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:53 pm

35" BFG AT stay on the rim at 700+rwhp, so I don't know how much power you are talking. My guess is either underinflated, or they got to hot from spinning and blew out.
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Postby rbrettctd » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Ive got a black smoke video where one of the guys does a burnout till he blows the tire. Regular street tire.
Randy
1991 D-250 N/I CTD. POD's, , BHAF and unger custom intake /crossover, HX35/16, 4" exhaust to 6" tip, Custom ground pin. Isspro gauges on pillar. Now Getrag equipped, SB crap clutch (12") and 3.07 gears-ready to watch the mileage soar.
rbrettctd
fuel screw!!!!

Next

Return to Lounge