I'm thinking of raising the posts needed to see the classifi

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: I'm thinking of raising the posts needed to see the classifi

Postby oldestof11 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Hey bud, head over to CompD and try this there.

Do you have ANYTHING useful to apply here? By your username, I think you have a Duramax/Chevy/GMC truck. Doing a little research, Chevy Dmax. You also are smart enough to build nice speaker boxes.

So why are you thumbing your nose at the Administrator? Iirc, only 2-3 people have ever been banned from this site. Why take that chance?
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:14 pm

Cantrell2500HD, being flippant is only going to make you a target, considering you're a fresh face around here.
If you want to go with an attitude of the under 30, I suggest going to CF or DB, which both have a user base more suited to the younger maturity level you are displaying here.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby cmann250 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes, your ass would be grass over on CompD. Start a welcome thread. Tell us a bit about yourself. Other wise, you may as well be a troll.

I gather that you ran up your post count so you can see the classifieds in order to buy a truck. That doesn't look really good.

I have to agree with Hineman, the policy seems to cause alot of trouble. New guys could look at the classifieds in peace. Lurkers are better than spammers IMO
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:34 pm

cmann250 wrote:I have to agree with Hineman, the policy seems to cause alot of trouble. New guys could look at the classifieds in peace. Lurkers are better than spammers IMO

In light of the consternation it has caused, I kinda'' have to back off on my opinion of the time and post limit, to agree with AHineman and cmann250.
From what I have seen and can ascertain, there was really no issue with it the way it was, a free and open forum for anyone, but since the limiting of the parts forum viewings to people with a certain time and post count, the nonsensical posting of low, or ZERO worth have increased exponentially.

I, for one, wouldn't have a bit of a problem if it went back to the old way of just ignoring the idiots and replying to those who seem to have an idea of what they are asking. :D

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby BC847 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 pm

I appreciate everyone's input.
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Previous