Shop in the Goshen/Louisville, Ky area?

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Shop in the Goshen/Louisville, Ky area?

Postby peobryant » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

My truck needs some front end and electrical work and I'm looking for a reputable shop that does good work. I want a guy who knows what the hell he's doing and preferably has experience with 1st Gen's, but diesel trucks in general would be alright as well. I don't know much about suspensions but the shops I've talked to around here have scared me because they really don't know what they're talking about, and I really can't have my truck down for a long time so I'd rather have it done right the first time and not have to worry about it falling apart.

I'd be willing to drive a few hours as well, or hell, if someone on this site would do the work (I'd pay of course) we could work something out and I could drop the truck off or whatever we work out. This truck is my daily driver (I have the Subaru as well but I bought that for Dallas, not me) and like I said, I want the work done the correct way, with good parts. If anyone has any knowledge of a good shop or would want to do the work themselves I'd appreciate some more information.

Thanks guys,

Parker
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Re: Shop in the Goshen/Louisville, Ky area?

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Try Josh at Bluegrass diesel performance. They do good work from what i have heard and ive known Josh threw another forum for a long time. Depending on the problem you may have trouble finding someone to work on it.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:42 pm

dazedandconfused wrote:Try Josh at Bluegrass diesel performance. They do good work from what i have heard and ive known Josh threw another forum for a long time. Depending on the problem you may have trouble finding someone to work on it.

Thank you Sir, I'll give them a call. I don't imagine the electrical problems will be much trouble for someone who knows what their doing, but I despise wiring and am sure I'd mess it up even more (which I kind of already did) if I tried to fix it. :roll:
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Wiring isnt bad if you have the time and can stay calm. What's wrong with the front end?
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:48 pm

dazedandconfused wrote:Wiring isnt bad if you have the time and can stay calm. What's wrong with the front end?

Which means it isn't for me. :lol:

I'm not sure what's wrong with the front end really, but the truck wanders to the right and at around 60-65mph the steering wheel starts to vibrate. I really want to just re-do the whole suspension in the truck, front and rear because it's 21 years old and I'm sure it will need it sooner or later.
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:51 pm

A FSM is the Rosetta Stone for wiring. I was lost (afraid of the wiring) before I had a FSM
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 pm

:cheese: You have a little one so you will learn how to be calm and make time. 8)
Big Andy
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge