Buyer is claiming he recieved bad injectors...

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Buyer is claiming he recieved bad injectors...

Postby peobryant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Well I knew it wouldn't be that easy for me...

I sold the set of POD's I bought from a fellow on here to a member on CumminsForum and he is claiming that two of them are "crap." Apparently he took them to his diesel guy (didn't get a shop name or anything) and he said the damage could have been caused by a blown headgasket...

I didn't remove them from the box I received them in so if they were damaged it had to have occurred during shipping, right? Like I said, I bought them from a member on here and he said they ran perfectly when he removed them, and since I hadn't even removed them from the box they were shipped in (except to count them :roll: ) and I trust my fellow 1stgenners, it had to have been either USPS or UPS.

I had the injectors insured for $200 so if they were damaged during the shipping process, would UPS be the ones that should pay for the damage? The guy wants me to refund him for two injectors (if it comes to that I'll just send him all the money back and get them all) but I didn't personally damage them so I feel the shipping company should pay, right?

Hell, I always seemed to get screwed anyways so I'll more than likely just eat it and just give the guy his money back. This job interview I have next week better go well or I'm going to go insane, a guy's gotta get a break every now and then right?

Anyways, opinions? What should I do and who should I contact? Also, to make it clear, I am in no way trying to say I got screwed by the member I bought them from. If there is damage (I was just told they are "crap" nothing more specific) it has to be from either USPS or UPS.
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Re: Buyer is claiming he recieved bad injectors...

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:26 pm

It is a typical SCAM. You sold them as-is, of unknown quality (meaning, you didn't run them and verify they were "good"), and a cheap price.

DO NOT GIVE IN!
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby bmoeller » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:09 pm

I'm getting to hate CF. Too many a-holes (and too many dram queens). Classifieds in particular.

Tell 'em to pound sand. "As-is, is, as-is.
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:13 pm

First off, here's your ad Note the bolded passage:

peobryant wrote:I have a set of POD injectors I bought of a member here a month or two ago and never got the chance to install them. Now my truck needs other work more than performance modifications so I'm selling them for what I bought them for.

I was told they have about 3500 miles on them and they ran good. They've never been in my truck though so I couldn't tell you personally. I can get pictures if needed but otherwise I'd like to get $200 out of them.

Thanks.

If you shipped the parts by (UPS, USPS or FedEx), MAKE A DAMAGE CLAIM and get him to both provide you with pics, plus have a representative for the shipper look at the items.
If he refuses to provide any proof, tell him to, as Bryan says, "pound sand".

I'll say this much, if the issue is pushed, it'll come down to if you can prove you boxed them correctly.
Generally, even with the (usually) substandard packaging most manufacturers ship new injectors in, it's very hard to damage something like this, unless it's grossly abused by the shipper, OR damaged prior to shipment, or by the buyer after receipt of the parts.

IF the buyer is asking you to pay PART of the money back, DON'T do it unless he agrees to return the damaged components FIRST, then credit him by your preferred choice of payment!

Also, don't let him BS you, if he paid with PayPal and bought it as GOODS and isn't satisfied, he has the option to complain to PayPal and get a partial, or even full re-imbursement for the items, under their 'Buyer Protection" program.
It would not be unheard of for a person to "double dip" this, get a partial refund from you AND the Buyer Protection refund, too.

Otherwise, the simplest recourse would be to simply refund the money AFTER he returns the parts.
YOU ARE NOT NECESSARILY LIABLE FOR RETURN SHIPPING!

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby ahale2772 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 pm

I would tell him to screw off, I'd say he is bullshitting you.
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:23 pm

According to the ups shipping rep that takes care of my account, 4 inches of cardboard on all
sides, top, and bottom is what they require, for them to pay for a claim,

however i have found that if you snap a quick pic of it just before you close the box is a big help.

they will try to beat it if they can, so all you can do to document it will help.

basicly try to make it unbreakable when it leaves your house.

do not put fragile, or handle with care, stickers on the box, it's just a target for the morons that load
the trucks to shoot for.

i hope it works out for you Parker.

Dar
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:24 pm

He wants me to reimburse him for the two "faulty" injectors, so if he bought them for $200 by my logic you'd divide $200 by 6 injectors to get 33.3 meaning if UPS doesn't do anything I'd owe him basically $34, right?
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:27 pm

1STGENFARMBOY wrote:According to the ups shipping rep that takes care of my account, 4 inches of cardboard on all
sides, top, and bottom is what they require, for them to pay for a claim,

however i have found that if you snap a quick pic of it just before you close the box is a big help.

they will try to beat it if they can, so all you can do to document it will help.

basicly try to make it unbreakable when it leaves your house.

do not put fragile, or handle with care, stickers on the box, it's just a target for the morons that load
the trucks to shoot for.

i hope it works out for you Parker.

Dar

I took it to a UPS store and the lady that took care of me said the box was fine, but there definitely wasn't 4 inches of cardboard on each side. I didn't take any pictures either...

Oh well, I'll see what UPS says and if they won't do anything I'll see if he'll take $34 as "reimbursement" although I doubt he will.

We'll see I suppose.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, next time I ship something I'll make sure to be a lot more careful.
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby ahale2772 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:29 pm

68$ if you owe him for two...

its late :)
84 CCLB W350 project
94' W350 Dually, Diesel, Auto 1080HP/1980FTlbs
ahale2772
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:31 pm

ahale2772 wrote:68$ if you owe him for two...

its late :)

Either that or these damn Kentucky schools. :lol:

Thank you though, I needed to laugh. I don't even care if it was at my own stupidity.
Parker
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:11 am

Thats why i stay off CF
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 am

dazedandconfused wrote:Thats why i stay off CF

Lots of GREAT people there, but the moderators and administrators are pretty vindictive and make up rules to fit situations according to how they want to run things.
Ask me how I know.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby dazedandconfused » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:33 am

Yeah i asked then to close my account many years ago but they didnt. I posted a frw years later stating aod had given wrong info on a 5 speed swap and was banned.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am

Yeah, I keep getting their monthly notices and can't stop them because I'm banned there, so when I try to log in, I can't even access the preferences page to stop the e-mails.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby oldestof11 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:25 am

2 faulty injectors rebuilt is going to be around $150... And his time... $200. He is trying to scam you. :roll:
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Lounge