FORD Rep came by my shop! lol

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: FORD Rep came by my shop! lol

Postby ellis93 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 am

tampabayBill wrote:Mechanic friend of mine LOVES 6.0 Fords, says they go along way toward keeping him in business !

What's his name and I'll send him what I turn away. 8)
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 am

BILTIT wrote:In all fairness i think ALL manufacturers are heading in the wrong direction with their design strategies. They are making maintenance more difficult for everyone, makes people NEED the dealers.

and yes, i agree cummins is still the best overall :)

not to the degree ford has,they've when totally full tilt retard. Chevy requires you to pull off the entire front end except the fenders to remove a duramini,that's bad enough. I mean come on,these motors are either just under or over 400 cubes, I use to set in the engine bay of several old chevys and change spark plugs......you can't even get one arm two foot in the day of a new truck.......and they're freakin gigantic compared to the old stuff
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:19 am

ellis93 wrote:
BILTIT wrote:In all fairness i think ALL manufacturers are heading in the wrong direction with their design strategies. They are making maintenance more difficult for everyone, makes people NEED the dealers.

and yes, i agree cummins is still the best overall :)

not to the degree ford has,they've went totally full tilt retard. Chevy requires you to pull off the entire front end except the fenders to remove a duramini,that's bad enough. I mean come on,these motors are either just under or over 400 cubes, I use to set in the engine bay of several old chevys and change spark plugs......you can't even get one arm two foot in the day of a new truck.......and they're freakin gigantic compared to the old stuff
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby BILTIT » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:56 am

I agree with you, thats one of the reasons cummins is better than the rest IMO.
Derek B.
2003 QuadCab, Tater 62/65 341cw, Smarty Touch SW9, Full Billet trans.
91.5 W250, coolertubz, HE351CW, PS IC, Alcans, GVOD, Valair DD, bags, crossover.
1974 Pontiac Ventura,best of 11.97 at 112 so far.
Aluminum heads and roller cam on the way.
BILTIT
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:29 pm

In ALL of what auto manufacturers build, EVERYTHING they do is either geared towards safety or emissions.
Everytime you see a "XX-1/2 year" model, you know damned well the Environmental Protagonist Agency and auto industry has had their hand in some companies losing money on a product recall, due to improperly tested engines/emissions components failing, or some idiot drone who had the floor mat interfering with the gas pedal and killed someone.

Lately my bread and butter has been 5.9 COMMONRAIL DODGE ENGINES.
You can't find decent blocks that'll bore .020, or cranks that are grind-able to .010 or .020 and I try to cabbage onto anything that's decent enough to re-sell for someone to machine.

Don't get me started on the EPA where the poor 6.7 Cummins is concerned.
A wonderful engine, a vast improvement in injection longevity over the 5.9 JUNK, but the EGR system is killing them, partly because people won't delete them, partly because people don't understand what an oil change is and how critical it is on a diesel with EGR.

Then there's the time Cummins collaborated to cover up the # 53 block cracking issue on the 24 valves.

Yeah, just tell me how Corporate America and the EPA are so great in keeping our vehicles "safe and clean".

They wouldn't if they didn't HAVE TO.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby CAJUN 93 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 pm

i've been in dealers for close to 20 years now and every year it gets more and more scary. marks partially correct that a lot of the problems come from government safety and emmision regs but dont discount the fact that the average fat ass lazy american wants the vehicle to drive itself so they can play with the bluetooth, satellite radio, seat heaters, seat coolers, refrigerated cupholders (omfg), sunroof, etc, etc, etc. and heaven forbid we could hear the engine, the road, the wind, and feel the transmission shift. in 20 years i've watched a steady progression of spoiled, arrogant, and self centered car buyers who feel that you owe them your first born cause they bought an automobile come in and show thier ass because something isn't perfect. my boss just laughs when they catch me before 9 am and i go off on them. it'll get me fired eventually but i dont know how much longer i can deal with the public now. and don't get me started on the 1500 owners towing huge campers complaining about poor fuel mileage. bunch of tards....
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Man alive,they actually have cooled cup holders :lol: I've never seen one,I need to crawl out from under my rock more :lol:
I can honestly say one thing about the folks acting like buttholes when come back to the dealers with a problem,if I gave 30k plus for a vehicle and it had more than two problems within a short period of time,yeah I'd act like a butthole too. If I spent that kinda dough on a truck,I best be getting quality. Alas I don't have new rides,one I can't/won't afford it,two Toyota doesn't make a 3/4 ton diesel powered truck :twisted: if they'd make one I'd be 1st in line :lol:
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Man every mechanic I talk to loves Toyotas. What gives? They're still foriegn to me, even though the Camry is built about 10 miles away :lol:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:18 pm

cmann250 wrote:Man every mechanic I talk to loves Toyotas. What gives? They're still foriegn to me, even though the Camry is built about 10 miles away :lol:

They are damn good vehicles,thats whats up :lol:
I'll put it like this,I bought my wife an 05 envoy and it had ok room and a terrible ride with horrid fuel mileage. Damn thing got 15 in town and 17 18 on the hwy,bought her an 04 4runner to replace the envoy with an it gets 20 running in town and damn near 25 on the road,it has more room and rides like a sports car. No more taking a curve and thinking its gonna flip over. Oh and the power it has,if it wasn't for the traction control retarding the engines timing you could burn off the rear tires,that envoy wouldn't even raise the front end taking off.

I've seen more 500k toyotas than any other vehicles period,Nissan came close but the newer stuff is crap. Google the motor they put in the altimas,the dealers stock them :lol:

FWIW I sold my silverado last month and am now looking for a 4door Tacoma,6speed,4.0,4x4. It's like hunting snipe :roll:
ellis93
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge