Damn It !!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Damn It !!

Postby PToombs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Who you callin' short!?!? :evil:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:24 pm

A story from the opposite side!
I parked my truck to go into FedEx and when I came out there was a brand-spanking new Lexus parked, literally, right at my driver's door, with maybe 14 inches to get my fat ass in the door to leave. :shock:
Right as I am attempting to get into the truck, the idiot blonde (ahem) female who owned it came out and glared at ME, saying I hadn't ought to damage her car, to which I replied "You'd F-ing deserve it if I did!" and she got all bitchy.
Of course I told her where she could stick both her Lexus AND her attitude and got into my truck and pulled away, then I blocked her in pretending to be looking at paperwork, while she blew her horn at me a few times. :lol:

Suffice it to say, I felt I got even for having to WORK to get into my own damned truck. :twisted:

Moral of the story? If you don't LOVE me, don't park TOO CLOSE to me!

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby cmann250 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:36 pm

PToombs wrote:Who you callin' short!?!? :evil:

Fine, you are of average height and I am tall. I am making this judgement off of the one time we've met :lol:

Back to vehicular vigilantism
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:41 pm

I love beaters. Nothing to worry about. This is probably the biggest reason I've never had a vehicle painted. My srt has not one ding and I feel sorry for the person that gives me my 1st. IKll probably end up in jail lol. Hell I flipped out on a guy when his door hit the body molding on my truck and its not even close to being straight! I almost felt bad cuz his kids were with him...
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I also love driving around a beater. I've never had any parking lot stories that I can remember, but my favorite thing is merging, There's nothing I hate worse than when someone has an open lane and refuses to get over in it to let a merger in. It's a total pet peeve of mine. Living beside West Virginia I get a daily dose of horrible driving. None of them are capable of merging, I just want to ram my truck into every one I see screwing it up. I especially like the ones that refuse to merge if there is a car anywhere in their mirror. Even if it's in the fast lane and they can come out they sit there and jam up traffic like idiots...

I would watch in my mirror as peoples eyes slowly got wider and wider when they realized that I was coming over whether they let me or not. That trick doesn't work as well with my Ranger, nobody seems to care if it bounces off them or not. :lol:

Can we make this a vent thread? :D
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby bmoeller » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:36 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:Can we make this a vent thread? :D

I have ~2 million miles under my belt. How bad do you want me to go off on a rant about f'in stupid drivers? Better buy a case of popcorn if I ever did. Gonna take a while...................... :evil: I won't take the time for a "radio edit" either!
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 pm

bmoeller wrote: I won't take the time for a "radio edit" either!

The forum does it all for you, let 'er rip! :lol:. Not much else bothers me on the road TBH, but bad merging makes me want to purposely cause a car accident.
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby meby » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 am

My turn: when I used to haul sheds down the road (oversize loads up to 14' wide), on a semi-regular basis i'd watch people come down the road oblivious to the fact a wide-load was coming their way with flashing lights, signs, flags and the kitchen sink. They would come right up to me and freak out and about ditch their cars. Then I'd LMAO because their stupid *ss didn't see me. There's a freaking barn coming down the road! Pay attention!
-1991 D-250 bone stock
-2000 Ford Windstar TDI Diesel 5 spd
-1997 Civic Hatchback
-Case 530 CK
-Old Huskee Garden Tractor w/Cub Cadet deck, Simplicity Snow-blower, loaded tires & chains - is it weird the tractor is modded more than my truck?
-Speedex Walking Tractor.
-BCS Walking Tractor

www.ebyfarmsllc.com
meby
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 am

cmann250 wrote:
PToombs wrote:Caleb, in the vent in front of the windshield? :mrgreen:

That too :lol: I won't confess any of my crimes on an internet forum because the statute of limitations isn't up for me, but I have pulled some fantastic ones in my day.

Judging by Pete and Darwin's stories, I think it's safe to say that short people tend to be very angry :mrgreen:

I am short..and my southern/hillbilly accent sounds like i'm dumb and slow thinking, but piss me off and see how deceptively ornery
and spitefull i can be for a dumb hillbilly. :twisted: :twisted:

Oh and on the stupid people that don't get the concept of merging into trafic....i wan't a rocket launcher when they stop... :shock:
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 am

About 4 years ago when i had my last 01 dually I was crossing the I-75 bridge out of Ohio into Kentucky. I jumped into the second lane and picked up speed to 55 when all hell broke loose. Before i knew it the rear of the truck was up in the air and i was pushed sideways down the interstate. Some stupid woman on her cell phone merged under my truck
Lucky for me i had the 285's on it and the outside duals ran up her rear passenger side door, over the roof and down the hood. It scared the crap out of me and ruined my new tire. It totaled her car and lucky for me it was considered a no fault since she admitted she wasn't paying attention. I drove off after pulling the outside dual off and they were putting her in handcuffs.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby bmoeller » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 pm

Merging is bad enough sometimes, but I can't tell you how many times I've been forced to the shoulder, Had a few near head-ons. Some playing chicken and others that weren't paying attention and crossing the line. Was on a very narrow suspension bridge and my drivers side mirror got shattered by a passing rigs mirror, because the dumbarse stuck his head down below the dash to grab something. Had no where to safely go.

I wouldn't get as mad as I do sometimes, but when I have a load of cattle in the wagon, and I get brake checked or other stupid stuff, and hear them slam into the trailer wall, I get REAL pi$$ed!
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:19 pm

Yeah, you had to mention merging didn't ya? :roll: There's an a-hole who drives a dumptrailer for a local trucking company, twice he has stayed in the right lane and forced me onto the shoulder because I ran out of on ramp. I had the service truck too, which accelerates like a 6.5 diesel with a headwind. There wasn't even anybody in the left lane, he was just being a Dick.
With my trucks I just don't care anymore. I look for a spot that's big enough, then go. They are either going to eat smoke, move, or get hit. I'm sick of that siht. The 1st gen definitely gets less respect than the white truck, 4x4 and a small lift make a big difference, and it looks rough.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Looks definitely matter. Dp's hurricane truck looked angry and I wasn't afraid of dents or dings. People ran away from it!
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby Raymo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 am

I got my truck back from paint on 6/22/12, freaked out the whole week because it was the first time I let anyone work on my truck, ever. On 10/2/12 Bambi's teenage brother did this...

'94 Chevy 3500-HD cab and chassis- IC Cummins, Getrag, NP205. 60 front, 80 rear- 4.10's.
Raymo
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:56 am

Raymo wrote:I got my truck back from paint on 6/22/12, freaked out the whole week because it was the first time I let anyone work on my truck, ever. On 10/2/12 Bambi's teenage brother did this...

I about got a dear Saturday night coming home from my folks place. Need to start a thread with some more pics of that truck.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge