Damn It !!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Damn It !!

Postby tampabayBill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:16 am

Yesterday I was out running some errands and pulled into the parking lot at the local Lowes. I parked next to a lifted white Ford Super Duty and went in. As I came out and made my way to my truck ( new paint job ) the Ford is pulling out. Went around to passenger side and found a dent the size of a silver dollar full of white chips just behind the door. Really pissed !!
93D250 CC LE, 62/65/13 S300, PDR cam,DDP3's, B&D IP, 366 GSK, M3 & timing device, Air Dog 150, Cooler tubes, 3 piece manifold, BHAF & 4" tbe, ported & O ringed, ARP studs, 60# springs 47RH & 3 disc conv., fp, aux trans cooler, fluid damper, 3:54 D70 w/trac-lok, rear sway bar, gauges = egt,boost, tach, 47RH & diff. temps.
Twins coming soon!
tampabayBill
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Damn It !!

Postby ellis93 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am

Ah siht,gather up a posse,I'll be there in 8hrs with my siht kickers set on kill! Nobody can disrespect an old 1stgen an get away with it :lol:

That sucks :yuck:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby tampabayBill » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm checking every white super duty dully I see looking for blue paint chips on the doors. If I find him he won't be a happy camper.
93D250 CC LE, 62/65/13 S300, PDR cam,DDP3's, B&D IP, 366 GSK, M3 & timing device, Air Dog 150, Cooler tubes, 3 piece manifold, BHAF & 4" tbe, ported & O ringed, ARP studs, 60# springs 47RH & 3 disc conv., fp, aux trans cooler, fluid damper, 3:54 D70 w/trac-lok, rear sway bar, gauges = egt,boost, tach, 47RH & diff. temps.
Twins coming soon!
tampabayBill
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Black93 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Somebody popped my driver side dually fender a couple years ago. I still don't know who or exactly where it happened.
1993 W350 LE ext. cab dually, tuned pump, 60mm HX35, NV4500, 4" straight tbe, 366, 1/8" bump, THD fuel pin & lppp, DPS manifold, DFI 5x12's, 3" tubes, PS IC, D80 rear, 3.54's, 4th gen Alcoas.
Black93
fuel screw!!!!

Postby cmann250 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Ah the hidden reasons to drive a beater :lol:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Too bad you don't live around here, in a town like this even the slightest mod makes your vehicle totally recognizable, let alone a lifted dually of any sort
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:00 pm

I have found this a couple times in my life, both times on an 89 cavalier....yes i know it's just a cavalier
but it was our first brand new car and we couldn't afford it then.

when i got the car home from the dealership i removed all the emblems and wet sanded and buffed the black paint to a
mirror finnish, i was soooooo anal about the paint i hated for the wife to drive it, i know i was over the top.....

once we came out from a movie and i had parked at the very end corner of the lot, one car within 50 yards and he was right
beside me, of corse he had dented the door..i fliped--freeked out--satin got in me, it was an old 74 olds 88 a real beater..
i kicked off the left door mirror and caved in the door with my boots, i would have gave the guy a beat down if he would have
came out.

another time same deal at the end of the lot at Holiday World 8 empty rows of places and a giant black SUV with big blingy
wheels had put a dent in it. yep you guessed it another satin freak out, he would have had to taken it to a body shop to fix it
after i finally came to my sences... my wife looked at me with fear in her eyes like ( who are you ) I decided i had an anger
problem right then and a door ding was my trigger...sorry you guy had to here the dark side of me...

i have mellowed alot sence then but still i would be on fire if that happened to me Bill.

sorry man.
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:16 am

1STGENFARMBOY wrote:I have found this a couple times in my life, both times on an 89 cavalier....yes i know it's just a cavalier
but it was our first brand new car and we couldn't afford it then.

when i got the car home from the dealership i removed all the emblems and wet sanded and buffed the black paint to a
mirror finnish, i was soooooo anal about the paint i hated for the wife to drive it, i know i was over the top.....

once we came out from a movie and i had parked at the very end corner of the lot, one car within 50 yards and he was right
beside me, of corse he had dented the door..i fliped--freeked out--satin got in me, it was an old 74 olds 88 a real beater..
i kicked off the left door mirror and caved in the door with my boots, i would have gave the guy a beat down if he would have
came out.

another time same deal at the end of the lot at Holiday World 8 empty rows of places and a giant black SUV with big blingy
wheels had put a dent in it. yep you guessed it another satin freak out, he would have had to taken it to a body shop to fix it
after i finally came to my sences... my wife looked at me with fear in her eyes like ( who are you ) I decided i had an anger
problem right then and a door ding was my trigger...sorry you guy had to here the dark side of me...

i have mellowed alot sence then but still i would be on fire if that happened to me Bill.

sorry man.

Im glad Im not the only one who has done this before.

Sorry about the truck. How bad did it chip it up?
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby bmoeller » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Man, that sucks Bil! :( Glad mine is still "ugly". :lol: Another dent would probably blend in. ;)
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:32 pm

1STGENFARMBOY wrote:..i would have gave the guy a beat down if he would have
came out...sorry you guy had to here the dark side of me...

You're welcome to your moments of insanity. :P
Personally, not only would I have done the same thing, I would have waited until they showed up and told them I did it and why.

There is no just cause to park beside an obviously nice vehicle just to mess it up, no matter how cheap or common it is. :evil:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby tampabayBill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Size of a silver dollar about 1/4 inch deep. Dar I did the same thing once or twice in my youth, now at 66 I just want to shoot them( not really ) but that kind of crap tweaks me a bit.
Twins coming soon!
tampabayBill
fuel screw!!!!

Postby peobryant » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm lucky that I've never had anyone damage my truck, but I have had people break in and steal some things (as some might remember when I posted a thread a few years ago) and I was fuming. I can only imagine the trouble I'd get myself into if someone hit my truck.

My mother though, she had her Lexus in the parking lot of a grocery store and someone hit the rear door so hard it won't open anymore. They had to have cut too hard backing out and hit it with their actual car because there is no way a door hitting it did that much damage. Estimate was over $2k to fix (this was years and years ago) so she's left it alone. If that happened to me I'd be getting the security tapes and you bet your ass I'd find who hit me.
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Gentlemen, an eye for an eye is not the way. Raise the bar and give them a little splash of diesel additive in their fancy SUV :twisted: Use your resources and don't leave any visible evidence. But this may just be me, I always raise the competition one. For example, the time I smashed paintballs in the heavy weight wrestler's shoes because he shot paintballs in my exhaust. I learned shortly there after that he was deceptively fast :lol:

I think the locals believe my pick-up has the plague and they don't park near it. I'm enjoying it
Last edited by cmann250 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I had one of those satan moments also. I always tried to take care of my vehicle so they looked nice. I had a '68 Charger, recently painted. I came out of the Mall or someplace and there was a door ding in my drivers door. I reached under the seat, pulled out the 6 inch hunting knife I kept in the car, one of those old flat black jobs with the reddish handle and the plastic sheath.I went down the side of that Caddie from wheel well to wheel well right to the steel. I probably gouged a fair bit of that out too. I got in the car and the GF looked at me and didn't say a word. I'm not even sure she knew exactly what I did, but she never said anything about it.
Sometimes you just gotta let it out, ya know? ;)

Caleb, in the vent in front of the windshield? :mrgreen:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:17 pm

PToombs wrote:Caleb, in the vent in front of the windshield? :mrgreen:

That too :lol: I won't confess any of my crimes on an internet forum because the statute of limitations isn't up for me, but I have pulled some fantastic ones in my day.

Judging by Pete and Darwin's stories, I think it's safe to say that short people tend to be very angry :mrgreen:

cmann250
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Lounge