Gasser trash of the worst variety *Now with pics*

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Gasser trash of the worst variety *Now with pics*

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm

Caleb, the stupid thing is, you'll probably get DREADFUL :roll: Ferd person to come buy it. :P

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby cmann250 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Yea I can deal with them. I'm their wayward son afterall :lol: This is the third Ford truck I've bought and sold and I never have any problems with these folks. Put Cummins in the title and you'l have every mouth breather in the county calling you. :roll: I found a '90 CTD that would make my truck 4x4 and it was going to be my next victim until I discovered it was half way across IL :roll:

I CANNOT shake this vintage of Ford even if I wanted to. Two summers ago (I think?) I had a '91 2wd auto 351 with the same cushion hitch. They're like a bad case of... well nevermind :lol:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

cmann250 wrote:They're like a bad case of...

Chevy-itis!
Speaking of which, I've been plagued with Chevrolet NV4500s here lately. :roll:
And Dodge Dakotas.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby PToombs » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 pm

I changed all the tires on the white truck last weekend by hand. I have the proper tire hammer, and changed the 1st one with my bars, a 24" tire iron and a 30" pry bar. Then I got smarter and went and got my buddies 3 foot tire spoons. Hard to believe the difference that extra foot makes for prying tires on and off. :lol: The rims were skinney so I just have to drop the rim on a block and then blow them up. When I put the 285's on my H2 wheels I had to use my air tank to blow them up on the bead. Screw that $400 for a Cheetah air tank, I have about $5 invested in a freon tank, a 1 1/4" valve, and 3 pipe fittings. It works great and haven't had a tire yet I couldn't get the bead to come up on. 8)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby 1STGENFARMBOY » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Poor Poor Pete...i know where your comming from, i am way to cheap to pay someone to change a tire and
i have done it all my life, up untill last week.

we bought a tire machine for the farm, $125 bucks i thought was a good deal.

my beating days are over.
93 W250 STD CAB, AUTO 3.55, GAUGES, 80HP DDP STICKS, DENNY T ,16CM HOUSING, 60MM GILLETT, VE MAXED,BHAF, BHFF, 366 SPRING,P/S INTERCOOLER, TIMS COOLER TUBS, TIMMING 1/8 BUMP,4in TURBO BACK TO DUEL 5IN STACKS,33 12.50 BFG, HOLLEY BLACK, CONVERTER COOMING.
1STGENFARMBOY
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm

You really suck! :lol: Congrats on the tire machine. I don't do enough to make it practical to have one in my limited space, and they are never less than $550 if I see them on Craigslist. If I saw one for $125, I might just buy it anyways, ya know? ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Caleb, there is a BEAT 90 4x4 up my way for $2700. No 2nd or 3rd gears but he says it runs.

Pete, I had to get a local guys to mount my 33x12.5s on my wagon wheels. HE had a hard time till out came the Bead Bazooka. 150psi of air released in .2 seconds seats ANY tire the 1st time. Put the Y dealy resting on the rim, apply air to valve stem, pull trigger.

Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:16 pm

oldestof11 wrote:Image

I can think of MANY dangerous uses for something like that and all involve some sort of projectile and modifying the barrel to accommodate.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby cmann250 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm

oldestof11 wrote:Caleb, there is a BEAT 90 4x4 up my way for $2700. No 2nd or 3rd gears but he says it runs.

Wow I guess I'm priced to sell. I'd rather not sit on it forever, but even at $1400, I clean up just fine
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:02 pm

That little fellow will not seat semi tires, Jon. The Tech Tire guy sold us one swearing he'd seen them seating semi tires at some show. :roll: He got it back and we ended up with a bigger one. We've had a 7gal air tank very similar to what Pete described for the past 6 years or so and I haven't met a tire that booger couldn't seat. The only real trick is to get the valve open as fast as possible. The new one isn't bad, but I prefer the old one. They got it because they're expecting MSHA to start hassling them about it not having tags and safety devices on it. :?

We called that little one the Bathroom Blaster. Back in the day I caught my little cousin camping out in the bathroom on the clock so I took a blowhard and sprayed up all kinds dust of in the room blowing it under the door. He got his revenge with that fellow up there.

He wins. :lol:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Ever used ether to seat tires? Super scary,lots of fun,and less hair on your hand and arms. :shock:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Yup, though I haven't had any come back out on me. Much like my truck I'm pretty stingy with ether on tires.

One time I was out in my old trail truck and we lost a tire. I came back to the house to throw another one on it but we could not get it to bead up, it was an old bias ply Buckshot and was hard as hell. After scouring the garage for about an hour I finally just give up and grabbed the can of brake clean I'd been passing over the whole time.

It was on that night that ol' Taco learned the difference between flammable and combustible. :lol:
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 am

Levi, i seen him seat a semi tire with this...
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:19 am

I've seen it not seat about 15 before we sent it back, but whatever.

Anyways, here's the one they sent to replace it. I still don't think it's big enough, but it hasn't met a tire it won't huff yet.
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:06 am

Tacoclaw wrote:...I still don't think it's big enough, but it hasn't met a tire it won't huff yet...

Wow! :shock:
You sound like some women I know! :?
If it's not the size of a bridge pylon, they aren't happy, either. :roll:
Nevermind the "huffing it yet" part. :P

Remember, a perverted mind is a TERRIBLE thing to waste, so I SHARE! :lol:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge