Screw Commiefornia!!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Screw Commiefornia!!

Postby bmoeller » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:55 pm

More CARB/EPA shti from CA-

http://times247.com/articles/23calif-re ... -the-road9

I am NOT surprised!
NEW- '82 CREW cab dually. Cummins, NV5600, 205, D60/D80. :D Work in progress......

'93 W350, CTD, ext cab, 5spd., HTT modded H1C, 4" exhaust, Kelderman single bag. 537k and counting!

SOLD- '92 W250, CTD, ext cab, 5spd

SOLD- '99 3500, SO CTD, 5spd

Traded off- '97 3500 CTD, 416hp/892tq.

Obama loves America, like OJ loved Nicole...................
bmoeller
14mm rotor

Re: Screw Commiefornia!!

Postby ellis93 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:02 am

Gotta love their attempt to make everyone just like them,why should everyon else be happy except them :lol:

I liked this to
“The ARB assumed we’re breaking the rules 84 percent of the time,and that’s offensive for an industry that prides itself on safety,” Mr. Shaw said.
Sounds like pretty much every trucker I've ever known or followed on the interstate. :lol:
[code][/code]
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Bob L » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 am

CA is getting redickulas. I was born and raised here, but I'm leaving.
Moving to Sioux Falls, SD.
No smog emission testing (yet), and no State Inc. Tax. No inheritance tax.

California Dream Act Now in Effect, Will Benefit Undocumented Students

Starting January 1st, 2013 undocumented students now can apply for state-funded financial aid

The California Dream Act went into effect New Year’s Day, opening up new scholarship and financial aid possibilities for undocumented students across the state.

Now students who were brought to the country illegally can apply for financial aid from the state's universities and colleges.

One undocumented college graduate spoke to NBC4, saying she struggled because she couldn't receive the kinds of benefits that younger students in similar situtations are now free to pursue.

The 23-year-old former student didn't share her first name, because her undocumented status is not something she shares publicly. Her mother brought her to the United States at the age of 6.

"I graduated with a bachelors of science in Human Services, and I want to get my masters in counseling to be a high school counselor someday," L. Lopez said.

Lopez attended Cal State Fullerton. Her biggest struggle, she said, was how to pay for tuition. Until 2013, loans and grants were not available to students like Lopez, who does not have a social security number.

"I actually got a call when I was in high school, before I graduated, from a scholarship, telling me that I was overqualified for the scholarship," Lopez said. "I couldn't get it because I don't have those nine digits."

The California Dream Act has opened the door to high school graduates who have the grades to get into the Cal State or University of California system. It’s estimated 20,000 students across the state could apply.

The legislation does not provide a blank check, according to attorney Scott Hughes, but a chance to help children who were illegally brought into this country when they were 15 years old or younger.

"There's strict GPA requirements. There's strict residency requirements, and people can't have criminal records," Hughes said. "The people who are going to benefit from this are good people who deserve it."

For more information, go to the University of California's page about the state's Dream Act.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...185490482.html
Bob L
NRA Life Member 1974
'92.5 D250 LE EXT.CAB...Getrag...All Original...No Rust...
Purchased new in late Oct.'92---128K Mi. Still Like New.
Bob L
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:17 pm

FROM ARTICLE wrote:...The CCTA filed suit to stop the regulations, arguing that the rules were preempted by the Federal Aviation Administration Act, which bans state regulations that would affect the "prices, routes, or services" of motor carriers.

But the federal Environmental Protection Agency approved the California rules before the truckers got their day in court.

More political chicanery by 2 organizations who could care less that their BS Emissions Wizardry doesn't really help. :roll:

It's getting REALLY old that the EPA is sticking their noses into EVERYTHING people or corporations do.
You literally can't take a CRAP without it being harmful in some way to these morons. :evil:

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby simplysmn » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:59 pm

You Know Calif is what you make of it and when they make a rule there is alway a way around stuff you just have to Think about how to go about it . Smog in Calif is a Piece of Cake if you know the back way around it :D
simplysmn
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Lounge