WTH PEOPLE

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: WTH PEOPLE

Postby PToombs » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:24 pm

ellis93 wrote:Buzzy is what I am Pete ;) you keep you busy :lol:

OK buddy! :lol: And yes, I do. Most of it is self inflicted! :jumpsmile:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby Remps » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Well I like to share my ideas if I think they are of any use whatsoever. :lol: Just take it with a grain of salt! :P I leave the technical questions for people with more knowhow and experience. I'm all about The Good Stuff part of this forum. 8) Oh yeah, I shouldn't even be on here, supposed to be looking for work. Got my CSTS and OSSA tickets today, so that should help me find sumthin around dirty old Ft. McMurray. Ten years of service rigs is enough for me, my back no likey anymore.
'90 D250 R/C,727,IC,6x.009's,1/8" bump,fuel psi,straight pipe w/5" stack.
'90 W250 R/C,47rh,K@N,HX35,1/8" bump,2nd gen IC,boost,egt,trans temp.3.07's.
'96 2500 S/C L/B,2wd,NV5600,3.54 L/S,cai,egt,pacbrake,mbrp exhaust,10 plate.
Bring back the Bank of Canada, PRE- 1974.
Remps
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:21 pm

SuperiorRam wrote:First time I have logged on in a while
Haven't had much interest in the site.
I haven't really seen much to comment on that has not already had some misguided replies or gotten so very far off topic that I want to involve myself.
Not to mention people being alienated that are a value to the firstgen world
Just my reason

I can't express how much that bothers me. Nor do I understand how folks can let an "Issue" worry them enough that they choose to remain silent/inactive, instead of addressing such front and center. Take Cougar for example. Crap festers and it's unknown till he decides to just up and quit. No attempt to do anything about the problem, just quit. It's funny, as ironic as it is, some folks make a bigger to-do about their quitting, than they do the problem that drove them to quit in the first place.

WTH?
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby BC847 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 pm

PToombs wrote:BC, a 60hp motor? just a little one! :lol:

It is. But these folks aren't really used to working with such (weight wise). Not "In-house" anyway.
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 am

Turns out Andy's been running around my neck of the woods, I loaded the Duck's twin this morning.

Crappy pic, but I feel weird taking pics of people's vehicles when they can see me.

It even had both rear hubcaps missing, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't 8-lug. :lol:
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:59 am

Hey now mine is all 5 lug again. :D You should have asked if he wanted to sell it for me. Besides mine is sporting a black cab now remember.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 am

ellis93 wrote:
cmann250 wrote:To some degree, I'm in the same boat as SuperiorRam. I'm kind of burned out on the internet. I don't dare share my opinion on tech stuff except the most basic

Why?

It's the establishment. If the establishment says do "A" and you'll get "B" and I say do "C" and you'll still get "B" the establishment is right no matter how many times I've successfully arrived at "B" from doing "C". I don't worry about it because there's nothing I can do about it. :lol: I'll never be run off because this is my internet hang out. I don't do Facebook or any of that crap.

I figure I may as well be on good enough terms with everyone instead of pressing my opinion (no matter how factual) on those that disagree or could care less.
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 am

I don't understand that Caleb,I don't think the "man" is keeping anyone down. Matter of fact I think site management is quite fair.
I bet on other forums I'd have been kicked off several times,yet here,its really a relaxed and slack is given. Some people have chosen to police themselves,reframe from being an a$$hole,and converse in a friendly fashion. Some can't stand it,and make it hard on themselves.
Opportunities were given and ignored.

Point in fact, look and Levi and me (I dare not pair anyone else with me :mrgreen: ) . Levi and I got a little back and forth going in a welcome tread (the one some Pakistan troll had going) ,neither one of us were serious about it but neither one of us was reprimanded for those crazy comments we were writing about one another. How many folks do you know that are moderators that would put up with one person being called gay all the time.

This place is great,it would be made better if feelings weren't on sleeves tho :lol:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Well, in all fairness you are actually gay. :P
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:14 pm

What happens is.....

1stgen.org more than ANY other forum has a major ego. Each and every one of us feel we know what we are doing. And, 99.9% of 1stgen.org members do.

So what happens is, there will be a post/thread/question about what people think is best. Most people go off of what they have used or what they feel works best for what they do. The vast majority of people know what they are talking about and are not wrong in what they say. However, most members have not taken into the account of the hundreds of variables that affect each and every set up and what the op has. So when one comes in and "disagrees" and throws something out that would work better. Most of the members feel "alienated" and get super pissed off because they take it as they were just told they are dumb. When the reality of it is they are not dumb and do know what they are talking about. They simply have not taken everything into account.

There are a million different combinations that will work on our trucks. Most people have a combo that works. And it's just that, it works. It's not the best and they simply don't know what they are missing if they had a proper set up.

Point being in the above is HUGE injectors for towing, or huge turbo for towing. Etc.... and a lot of the time you hear " well it works for me ". And if anyone says anything about the fact that they are leaving a lot on the table or they could be making a cleaner truck that makes 100 more hp they get upset and get all pissed off and leave.

A lot of people get very upset at me for these above things. The vast majority of people that get their feelings hurt are from me and what I say.

But here is the issue.....when I sell a product to someone, and it's not EXACTLY what they expect. I have to eat the cost. So a set up that "works for me" only costs me money. It's my job to take into account ALL of the variables. So a lot of people like to argue and go out of there way to prove me wrong on the matter. Which is fine, because I'm wrong a lot more than I'd like to be.

I've not been posting as much as I'd like to be because I simply get in the way of most of the other members on this forum. Which I can respect that. But at the same time I have a hard time doing it because I have a really hard time watching people spend money more than once on a product. My heart truly goes out when I see people buy a set of injectors or a turbo that cost $2000 together and 2 years later they have to do it again because they are 100 hp off from where they wanted to be or their truck just smoked like a freight train.

Most vendors know absolutely nothing about 1st gen performance and simply sell products that they feel should "fit the bill" when in actuality it's not even close to what is going to do it.

Just like the recipe for 400rwhp for most companies is a 62/65/12 and 5x16.......do research and you'll find out that 99% of those customers make 340hp. You'll also find that 90% of people that run a proper set up with ddp3s (55lpm) make 405-410rwhp and run extremely clean doing it.

Ok, my current rant is over. :mrgreen:
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby DodgeFreak » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm pretty sure Ellie likes starting threads with WTH and PEOPLE in them.....2nd one in a month....
92 D350 Cab and Chassis. Auto stock, wiring gremlins. 330k miles
92 W250 Ext cab rotted completely out. Auto, pump maxed, 215 ppump nozzles, Denny T2 pin.
85 D350 single wheel, converted to cummins, getrag, turned up 2 turns and afc screw flush.
DodgeFreak
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:34 pm

DodgeFreak wrote:I'm pretty sure Ellie likes starting threads with WTH and PEOPLE in them.....2nd one in a month....

Yeah I don't keep track of my titles :oops: guess I should started this one out WTS or something :lol:

No I was just wondering what's going on

Oh and my name is Ellis :lol:
Last edited by ellis93 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:Well, in all fairness I am actually gay. I just use the fat girls as camouflage :P

Fixed it :mrgreen:
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby AHineman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:01 pm

ellis93 wrote:
Tacoclaw wrote:Well, in all fairness I am actually gay. I just use the fat girls as camouflage :P

No problem hiding behind those chicks!
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:02 pm

ellis93 wrote:I don't understand that Caleb,I don't think the "man" is keeping anyone down. Matter of fact I think site management is quite fair.

I have zero beef with BC or anyone here for that matter because I don't take anything that seriously. "The man" does not exist here. "The man" exists elsewhere and I don't even bother logging in there.

It's the culture that will never change. And I don't let it bother me that much because I am part of it, more than some, less than others. I was stating a fact, not airing a complaint.

It's complex. If I ever figure it out, I'll let you know. :lol:
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge