WTH PEOPLE

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: WTH PEOPLE

Postby Tacoclaw » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:44 pm

It feels like I'm home, with the people who understand me most. 8)
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Tacoclaw wrote:It feels like I'm home, with the people who understand me most. 8)

:lol: yep
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby SuperiorRam » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:23 am

BC847 wrote:I can't express how much that bothers me. Nor do I understand how folks can let an "Issue" worry them enough that they choose to remain silent/inactive, instead of addressing such front and center. Take Cougar for example. Crap festers and it's unknown till he decides to just up and quit. No attempt to do anything about the problem, just quit. It's funny, as ironic as it is, some folks make a bigger to-do about their quitting, than they do the problem that drove them to quit in the first place.

WTH?

I've been a moderator on a very popular site and had issues like whats happening here. unchecked ego, mods that are buddies, or a sponsor because they pay the site is never wrong, seen it all. I remember when this site was first being talked about, it seemed like a much looser group.
I also find it redundant on my part fighting a battle of wits with an unarmed man, to do so is insanity I've spoken strait out experiance to have a keyboard jocky spew out crap and because a higher post count is right and never countered so hence ego inflates more, maybe I should have joined right away instead of just lerking all these years

Maybe this is why I've turned to compd ther seems to be a don't post unless you've did it vibe
I mean apart from posting only in my own threads Im thinking I just not interested and that really saddens me
92 Cummins: DD, basic mods, topper, 9'2" bossV
92 Cummins: 10' tall, Rockwells and r1's "Dirty Addiction",
83 RC/SB Cummins: engine set back 18", block 89w/h20 after cooler, fire ringed and worked head, studs, billet 64/68/14w/race cover, custom header, bigger sticks, 47rh, dana 60, four wheel disk, and big Mickey Thompsons w/ Weld drag lites. "The Mustard Bucket"
SuperiorRam
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:15 am

What makes you think anyone one here posts on things that they haven't done.

Because they don't have an array of trucks in their sig? With super expensive random stuff on it?

There is HUGE difference between racing, sled pulling, daily driving, towing, etc.... I've also been in many arguments with someone that recently made massive hp with a ve too. Mainly about injector and turbo size. But guess what, people don't see that I've had dozens of conversations on the phone with this gentleman with how he complains on how unstreetable some of his rigs are when it's hot outside and how they don't tow well. He has even went back down to a lot smaller injectors.

Mark's thread on the 73 mm turbine...........well guess what. Mark was wanting that truck to tow at low rpm. He had too large of an injector for that. yes, putting a larger single would of worked well for it at wot. Not at towing speeds, it would of bad situation worse. Plain and simple.

No one argued with the fact that a 73mm outflows a 71 or a 68 Is better than a 65...........you simply got upset that a couple people agreed with what I said in the fact that a 73 was too large. It has nothing to do with post count or any of the above.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby SuperiorRam » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:27 am

I'm glad you seriously think its all about you and a "turbo" thread
92 Cummins: DD, basic mods, topper, 9'2" bossV
92 Cummins: 10' tall, Rockwells and r1's "Dirty Addiction",
83 RC/SB Cummins: engine set back 18", block 89w/h20 after cooler, fire ringed and worked head, studs, billet 64/68/14w/race cover, custom header, bigger sticks, 47rh, dana 60, four wheel disk, and big Mickey Thompsons w/ Weld drag lites. "The Mustard Bucket"
SuperiorRam
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:31 am

That was the last thing that you got upset about and said you were gone.

All about me? - I don't mean that in an arrogant way at all...........I mean that in a taking blame way. I feel that you are talking about me simply because I post more in the performance section than anyone else. Which is what you are bringing up. If you aren't talking about me, I can't honestly think of one other person on this forum that you might be referring to.

So if it's not, then please............speak up.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Sweet Jesus, if you're actually upset about something quit being so subtle and just say it. If it's a legitimate cause for you to be upset with the site I guarantee we'll all do what we can to see it corrected. If you're just going to dance around it and play 20 questions about it nobody is going to care long enough to find out.

I'm extremely interested in your dual feed setup and your puller in general, but I don't see them being worth a bunch of drama on a site I come to to to shoot the sthi with some friends and relax.

Same goes for anyone's build, I don't care how insane it is.
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:31 pm

BC...please let this ride!
I wanna see what this guy is talking about :scratch:
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby ellis93 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:40 pm

:?:
Last edited by ellis93 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:37 pm

FYI, Mark only got a 2 week vacation. It was his choice not to come back. He told me this himself in an e-mail, just to keep things straight and not be blaming BC for a permanent ban that didn't actually happen.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby AHineman » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Levi, I think you mixed up SuperiorRam and Turboram on the dual feed setup and puller. :?
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby Tacoclaw » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Oh...

Well, replace dual feed/puller with big and little'd mustard truck and leave the rest of the post alone. :P

Point is, either sthi or get off the pot, if you've got something to say just say it.
1990 W250 4x4
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Postby CAJUN 93 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm

well, I guess i'll chime in. I come here every evening before bed and check the new post tab. I see lots of questions that I've seen before but if I don't have a positive answer I just move on. Lots of new folks here are serious about their question and it leaves a bad taste when someone eats em up about how many times it's been asked before. if you're not gonna help just skip it. All and all its still a great site and every now and then I learn something new but damn there are some thin skinned individuals here. I get enough of that at the dealership daily. I just skip over it here.
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:59 am

I figure if I can't help with something I'll post to try and lighten the mood. I know a little about this and that and try to help when I can. I would like to hear what is bothering a few.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:10 am

ellis93 wrote:Y'all know what's funny......those that left here are there :lol:

I have been scouting 8)

:roll:

Mark and I have been on CompD for a LONG time. We post there often. Different groups of people want different answers and have different needs. I see Andy on there a lot, David shows up from time to time, Levi just started some very nice threads, Cman (I just forgot your real name bud! :lol: ) shows up a lot in the 1st Gen section, jqmile is more over there than here. So, what's so funny about that? Different forums for different subjects.

This place has been great for what applies to these trucks but people here are not into the same thing as CompD. CompD is what the name applies, Competition. You go to any of the semi big events (NHRDA sanctioned events comes to mind besides SDX and TS) and you meet CompD's owners, mods, Admins, sponsors, big name competitors. A lot of them are much nicer and more amiable than how they appear on the internet. If you heard about the constant blackholing of some really stupid threads, you'd understand the hostility they have over some of the newbs. They are for a higher class. Go to yellowbullet or Pirate4x4 and ask which oil you need for your truck. Now go ask the same question on DTR or any brand specific forum.

Some people here have too big of ego's to go over there and actually learn something new. I have been in arguments and get quickly put into the corner with a dunce cap over there. However I learn from it and move on. Some people here have to argue their point till they're blue in the face then get butthurt and come back here.

1st Gen is dying from the lack of innovation and its attitude towards it. Used to be that if someone had a semi decent idea, a lot of help was given. Now you suggest something and get the typical "These are good towing vehicles and that's it" or "What do you expect from a 20 plus year old truck" or, my favorite, "It's a truck, it's supposed to ride like a truck". I guess that since rotary dial phones were just plain awesome, why do we need a cell phone?

Jon
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

PreviousNext

Return to Lounge