OK, I hate Line-X....

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: OK, I hate Line-X....

Postby thrashingcows » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Well I finally got a response from the Corporate Regional Manager. Remember, I sent a few e-mails wondering, and asking why, I have not had any communication in a few days....

This is his Response....

I have been taking the proper time to research both sides to this situation, and was unaware of any required time line. In the end I do not see any resolution, as stated by yourself, you do not want ANY spray in box liner. It is unfortunate that you and the franchise cannot find common ground, and I believe that the actions taken have accelerated this situation to a point of non resolution. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

I'll wait to see what happens with the complaint I filed through the Better Business Bureau. After that I will decided in what direction I will take this issue.
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Postby lz69 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:17 am

Sounds like a real greasy dealer and unfortunate that regional manager is not much better.
lz69
fuel screw!!!!

Postby AHineman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 am

Their website says nationwide lifetime warranty. I see you're from Canada, but I assume the same rules apply....couldn't another dealer redo the work on Line-x corporate's tab?
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby delsilver » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:59 am

You do realise that the BBB has no authority to force a vendor to take any action. They will contact the vendor with a complaint lodged against and ask for a response which must happen within 30 days. They will forward this response to the complainant who will have 15 days to respond. If the complainant is unhappy with the response the BBB will advise the appropriate government agencies through which to take further action.
The only action that the BBB MAY take is applicable if the vendor is a member of the BBB and does not respond in the appropriate time. In this case they will CONSIDER revocation of the vendors accreditation status.
This only applies if they are a member of BBB. I believe they also keep a record of complaints.
In other words the BBB acts as a go between with zero power to help resolve a complaint.
In your case they will inform the BBB that a solution was offered "glue down" which will be forwarded to you and if you are not happy they will give you numbers for the appropriate government agency and ask you to step aside for the next complaint.
Del
Delsilver
93 W250
Fuel pin turned 90 deg, starwheel turned down, timing 1/8 adjust
delsilver
fuel screw!!!!

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:31 am

I think the important question here.........

The company that installed the bedliner, what did they have to say? It is their issue.... not Line-x.

I'm not, in anyways, condoning the way that Line-x is handling the situation. I mean, wow.... but, the other company is originally at fault.
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Postby thrashingcows » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Here is an Update!

My last communication with the Corporate Regional manager was when he told me he was going out of the country for a few days. After that no more communication.

Then a few days after that I received an E-mail from head of Canadian business and franchisee's, or some such title. Think it was the regional manager's boss? Anyway this woman e-mailed me and wanted my phone number so we could talk. I responded to her politely that I wanted to keep our communications in the written form, due to the potential for unwarranted emotional statements to be uttered. And as a record of all communication just in case I have to contact the Media, or take legal action.

After that I received no further communication from anyone. Then last week I received an E-mail from Wayne, the owner of trademasters, and the Line-X franchisee who sprayed the liner in my box. The e-mail was brief, but stated that a full refund was being given to me, and the check should arrive in a few days.

The next day I received a response from the BBB. They had contacted Trademasters and got a written response to my complaint. There was the expected defense of their situation, and the statement that they thought my preferred solution to this issue was unfair, but at the end of it it states that a full refund was being issued.

I have the check in hand, arrived a couple days ago. Will be going by the bank tomorrow to deposit it. :mrgreen:
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Postby AHineman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Awesome! I hope it doesn't bounce. :lol:
Andrew

Owner of two old 1stgens and not much else.
AHineman
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:16 am

Glad it worked out for you.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge