Photobucket sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Photobucket sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Richie O » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:23 am

So, I am going to start editing out the broken photobucket links in my photo only sticky link of everyones trucks. I really hate deleting them. I have a 1st gen master file on photobucket, I may transfer them to my IMGUR account, but I won't have names to go with them. Really pisses me off to open posts that someone has spent so much time on and all pics are not there. Many great writers are no longer active and that stuff will be lost forever. I'm going to pick away it when I can, but as everyone thats been here for a while knows my business and family life takes 99% of my time. Out of the great respect I have of all the guys here, I can't let all the broken links take over this site. So please guys, do what you can by using a new image host and start adding them to the end of the sticky. I will take the time to delete the broken ones. NOT IMPRESSED :evil:
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Re: Photobucket sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Postby chicknnhead » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 am

yeah it really hurts when looking for good info. not just this site but all the communities that use writes ups for "how to's"

there is a fix if you are using chrome,
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... fnflicjjgj

there is one for firefox but don't have that handy

hope this helps
chicknnhead
fuel screw!!!!

Postby thrashingcows » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm

For the original posters of the threads, if the thread is still "open" for editing you can add, ~original , to the pic url just before the [/img] and the pic will start working again....or at least until PB puts a stop on that fix too.

And if you want you can archive the threads over here...

https://web.archive.org/

Once archived the info and pics are saved for good. I have fixed a bunch of my threads as I mentioned above, threads from over on the DTR, and have the link to the archived thread in the threads so if the pics die at least you can still go see everything.
1984/93 Dodge Crewcab, W350, 1 Ton SRW, long box, 330K Km's, M&H spacer, 366 spring, fuel pin to deep side, 14cm housing, Piston LP, PS IC, Isspro Boost, Pyro and tach, NV4500, 29 spline NP205, 3.54's.

Check out the build....http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/ ... 05923.html
thrashingcows
14mm rotor

Postby chicknnhead » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:28 pm

COOL!!!!!

learn something new...off to fix my threads...
chicknnhead
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Lounge