I think I found a truck.....help

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

I think I found a truck.....help

Postby DIESELCHICK » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:14 am

Need some advice guys, I found a '77 Dodge 2500 4x4 with a 318 for sale for $1300 :D . That is all the information I have on her so far. I am waiting on a call back so I can go see her. I would be thankful for any advise ya'll can give me. Right now I just want to get the money and sit on their front porch till someone comes out........ :roll: if I knew where she lived.
DIESELCHICK
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:56 pm

But it's not a diesel! :thatsucks: If the truck is in nice shape and not all worn out, might not be too bad. On that year check the splines on the front drive shaft for play, front axle u-joints, and condition under the truck. Is it rusty, brake lines, floor boards? Rocker panels, bottom of front fenders, cab corners. That is the time (around '77) when they started using recycled steel and the trucks rusted like crazy!
Good luck!
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby flashgordon » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 pm

PToombs wrote:But it's not a diesel! :thatsucks: If the truck is in nice shape and not all worn out, might not be too bad. On that year check the splines on the front drive shaft for play, front axle u-joints, and condition under the truck. Is it rusty, brake lines, floor boards? Rocker panels, bottom of front fenders, cab corners. That is the time (around '77) when they started using recycled steel and the trucks rusted like crazy!
Good luck!

was looking at a 73 short bed the other day. body looked grate , fresh paint and all...................................................lifted the rubber flour mat up and found 4 layers of card board.............No floor from the bottom of the gas peddle back :hs:

look close, you my find its not worth a dime......................318 run for ever with a little maintenance!

Flash
91.0 non intercooled 3/4 ton 5sd ex.straight piped 16cm housing, timing bumped 1/16...Pump . Full power screw1/2 max with out removing the collar. Gear Vender over drive!
"NOW" with 2nt gen intercooler, turbo and 3"Coolertubz, Buy Tim (TWorline)"
flashgordon
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Philip » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:49 pm

That 77 W250 will have a full time 4x4. Dana 44 front axle with a Dana 60 rear axle. It should have a 203 transfer case. Most likely 4:10 gearing. Figure around 10 MPG on a good day.

I used to have a 78 Xcab.
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

sold

Postby DIESELCHICK » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:53 am

:( She is already sold. I didn't really need one just wanted a 1st Gen!! I just wanted one so I could learn how to work on them........then do the mods ya'll talk about. I really wanted a diesel anyway!! Maybe next time! Thanks for helping!! I'll let ya'll know if I find another one. Take care!
DIESELCHICK
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Pssst! It's technickly not a 1st gen if it doesn't have a diesel! ;)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge