STOP DIESEL PRICES!!!!!!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Postby swank » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:26 pm

KTA wrote:These are prices paid rather than traded.
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_spt_s1_d.htm

so am i reading that correctly as on the 11th, a barrel sold for $108?

DP, can you define "big government" please? i have an idea what you're talking about, but i want to make sure.
truck
swank
Administrator

Postby dpuckett » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:46 pm

Big Government- um...... ok. examples- OSHA coming into a private employer and telling them they have to get a safety harness for people to be 6ft off the floor working on top of a BBQpit, or they have to wear steel toed shoes because they are around objects that weigh 50lb+. Safety glasses, gloves, forklift license, etc, etc. Nevermind that the company suppied safety glasses affect vision, steel toed shoes are proven detrimental to overall balance and foot health, etc, etc.

MORE- Medicare prescription programs, even though most drug companies will give away their products to people who need but cant afford them.
Welfare, unemployment. Mandating that we pay into Social Security, even though the program will be gone 20+ years before I'm ready to retire.

Emission standards for vehicles, even though cars are 99% cleaner now than 20 years ago.

Compulsory "education," where our children have values and ideas shoved down their throats that dont mirror our own. Add to that, the discouragement by teachers, of pupils to explore and learn things on their own and <gasp> come to their own conslusions about the world they live in.

Taxpayer funded drug and alcohol rehab. You got yourself in that mess, get yourself out. Dont force me and every other taxpaying American to pay for your mistake.

Fuel taxes. I think it's possibly a consipracy to keep MPGs down at the same level as 1980- it's unconsciable that we should use fewer gallons of fuel, and thus, give them less of our money to redistribute to the lazy and stupid.

Basically, the government controls our lives, or one or more major aspects of it from birth to death. I'm tired of it. I'll take a chance on being left in the cold by my own stupidity and poor choices, for the oppotunity to make my own way and flurish and prosper.

That a better description, swank?

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 pm

i love these compericy theorys
See us Canadians and Americans we have no balls, in Europe when the goverment or oil cumpanys does some idiotic thing that they dont agree on, they part there cars on the street and they go home, every day that they dont sell any fuel the goverment and oil cumpany loss billions of dallors, they seem to get the hint when they just lost there pay check
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm

We were bright enough to do that in the 70s, and then they whined about lost profits and tax revenue. And, with society today, people arent going to drive less. They just wont pay other bills.

I like the idea of parking the cars. Wouldnt work so well in say, Wyoming, but I live a mile and a half from work, and need to shed a few pounds. And dont do it on the same day, and go back to normal the next day. Keep them parked until the prices drop. You watch, when people start buying less gas, there will be news reports about "Will the oil industry survive with the lessened demand?" :roll:

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby GO OVRIT » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:42 pm

I take my lunch to work just about everyday, but most of the other guys run out and get something. Yesterday I watched 5 out of 7 of us drive seperately to get some lunch and bring it back. Most probably went to the same place. Habbits like that don't give oil companies much reason to drop prices. :roll:
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge