STOP DIESEL PRICES!!!!!!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

STOP DIESEL PRICES!!!!!!

Postby CumminsPride » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:29 am

Just found this > http://www.petitiononline.com/CFP001/petition.html Sign it and see what happens. Just sitting here B!$%#$ng about it isn't going to do anything so we might as well speak up.[/b]
06 3500 AT Mega Cab SRW 4X4
CumminsPride
fuel screw!!!!

Nothing Will Happen

Postby Ace » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:10 am

Start another one and ask them to lower taxes, while you're at it!
Ace
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

great but the diesel prices ar higher up here in Canada, and were supost to have the more oil
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 pm

All the oil in the world is useless if you cant refine it.

Dont like high oil and fuel prices? Thank an environazi.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:12 pm

Or the president and his oil company buddies. ;) I think he's trying to look out for his retirement! :shock:
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby swank » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:21 pm

dpuckett wrote:All the oil in the world is useless if you cant refine it.

Dont like high oil and fuel prices? Thank an environazi.

DP

actually, thank our government for subsidizing it for the last 75 years. we have the cheapest oil prices in the westernized world. always have. how else would ford have been able to sell cars? the few countries that have cheaper oil are the ones that supply the world with it. venezuela in a great example. i was talking with a guy who grew up there. he told me there were bloody riots in the streets when gas went from 5 CENTS to 7 CENTS per litre. there is a great documentary i just watched called "crude awakening". highly recommend it.
truck
swank
Administrator

Postby swank » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:08 pm

just did some quick calcs off info i found from an EPA sight. apparently a barrel of crude is 42 US gal.

in 1999, a barrel sold for 17.42 USD. a gallon of gas cost 1.54 USD.

in 2008, a barrel sells for over 100 USD last time i heard. a quick look through the price thread showed about 3.50 USD per gallon.

so:

1999 crude X 5.73=2008 crude. (the price of crude went up by a factor of almost 6.)

1999 gas X 2.27=2008 gas. (the price of gas at the pump only went up by a factor of less than 2.5.)

so even though the price of the base material went WAY up, the price of the product did not. does that make ANY sense to you guys???? it certainly doesn't make any sense to me. especially when the people making the end product are making more money than they ever have! where is this money coming from? the only place i can see it coming from is our government. i don't have the time to look into this, so if somebody has that info, i would love to see it. but if it is coming from our government, where is that money coming from?? you guessed it, our taxes. soooo, that means WE pay the difference. that's a lot of money, btw.

just some food for thought.

ps. i hate to just outright contradict, but laying the blame on the environazi's seems kind of backwards to me. they are pushing for the conservation of the resources. so it seems to me that if we conserve the stuff (by lowering consumption by raising milage standards etc.) there would be more to go around, therefore lowering the demand. along with a lower demand, what do you get? a lower cost.

well, that's the end of my story. thanks for listening.
truck
swank
Administrator

Postby GO OVRIT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:07 pm

I agree with you swank, but it still sucks. Some quick calcs on my end show that my weekly income went up by a factor of 1.4 from 99 which is good but still a good bit less than 2.5.
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:47 am

Swank-
What I meant was that the enviros want cleaner emissions, which converts to less MPG (think 24v, CR, all the crap that they had to put on the 07.5s), PLUS, they havent allowed any refineried built in my lifetime. Someone (I'm thinking Exxon for some reason) wanted to build another half dozen or so refineries in the 90s, but gave up after about 2 years of red tape. The red tape came from environmental special interests.

Also, with the record gross profit, came record volume sales. Record volume at the same profit (9-10 cents/ gal) makes for record profit. Until demand drops, prices will stay up. People still arent carpooling, lots of big SUVs and pickups on the road, etc. Must be the crappy economy. :roll:

The actual price of oil is rarely the price reported on the news. The price the news reports is the FUTURES prices. It's similar to the farm futures, I think.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby KTA » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:39 pm

It is supply and demand price driven, well it used to be, now it is more investor driven. the US doesn't make anything anymore, all we sell to the rest of the world of any value is food. That is also why prices for corn and other grains have shot through the roof. The US has no money, we have spent it all thats why we have a deficit!! Countries like China now have all our money, Dubai and the UAE have more of our money than they know what to do with. They aren't interested in investing in US manufacturing as its not profitable, so they invest in Oil, that in turn makes oil prices go up even more. The same thing is happenning with Corn prices. Thank Wal-Mart, McDonalds, and every other company that buys and sells foreign products. You can thank capitalism and the American mindset as well. We want everything cheap cheap cheap thats why we buy Chinese crap at walmart instead of American made goods which cost 3 times as much. At one point tariffs on foreign goods to equalize their cost with American made products would have solved the problem, but we are too far past that point now. Had we to have done that we could have kept American wealth circulating with in the American economy, now that money is gone and will NEVER BE COMING BACK. In the next 20 years the US will be a 3rd world country. There is only soo much global wealth, as every other countries standard of living comes up from us buying stuff from them, ours has to go down by the same amount. That is one reason why the US dollar is worth less everyday. Blaming the government is stupid, we have no one to blame but ourselves the consumers.
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Postby GLHS » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:37 am

BINGO!
Don't leave out all the money going to Mexico that will never come back. A lot of these workers are sending the money home to support their families. You want cheap houses, landscaping, cleaning services any physical labor involved work................you got it.
92 W250 ext cab, 5spd, SPS 62/71/14, ATS 3 piece, Banks 3G intake, Icebox CAI, DDP #4+, timing 1.95 mm, SB 4 puck FE, PDR fuel pin, Hellmann intercooler, Snow water/meth, 60# springs, stock long block, D80 3.54 w/disks, 455+/1005 uncorrected, 13.34@102 7-06; 472 fuel/520 water/meth uncorrected 5-08
GLHS
fuel screw!!!!

Postby swank » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:05 am

KTA wrote:Blaming the government is stupid, we have no one to blame but ourselves the consumers.

well, i guess i was looking at the topic from the perspective that we are the government. that is what this country was built upon. it is my understanding that we (being you, me, and every other citizen) hold the power to change the direction of this country. and the responsibility to do so.

my feeling is that by focusing on divisive issues, we are simply shooting ourselves in the nuts. i haven't really come up with a way past this, but i'm working on it.
truck
swank
Administrator

Postby swank » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:07 am

dpuckett wrote:The actual price of oil is rarely the price reported on the news. The price the news reports is the FUTURES prices. It's similar to the farm futures, I think.

DP

i did not know this. do you know what the selling price is then? or where i can find that?
truck
swank
Administrator

Postby KTA » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:35 am

These are prices paid rather than traded.
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_spt_s1_d.htm
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Postby dpuckett » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:51 pm

I spent an hour looking for it the other day before I posted. Thanks, KTA. Keep in mind that we have to add 40-50 cents to every gallon for the govt's cut.

We are supposed to be a government of, by, and for the people. Problem is, Big Government has gotten too involved in our lives for that to be possible. Another problem is, young people are more concerned with Britney Spears and Paris Hilton than they are with Obama, Kennedy, Bush, or Pelosi, to name a few. The latter have a MUCH bigger potential impact on our society than Hollywood whores. Politics is boring at times, but it is the voter's responsibility to be informed at the voting booth, and vote according to his beliefs and morals, not by who/ what they think will win, enabling them to say the voted with the majority. I think there should be a basic test to determine if the voter even knows what the candiates stand for or support/ oppose. Most people under 40 would be turned away.

DP
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Lounge