This what we are going to do about Fuel Prices

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

This what we are going to do about Fuel Prices

Postby cummins king » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:36 pm

GAS PRICES!

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they w ill continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas .

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.49 for regular unleaded in my town, Seattle.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.
&n bsp;
The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit
someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If
they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literal ly millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at lea st ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers .
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION
PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!
;
I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Boys its time to get some balls and get this thing rolling
Joel
thought i would get your attention
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Hey guys, I hear that Ford owns Cummings?? Is that true at all?
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby cummins king » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm

wouldnt even cross my mine, but what does that have to do with any of what i posted :?
93 4X4 auto
cummins king
14mm rotor

Postby burnt_servo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 pm

i've seen this in one form or another for the last 10 years ........

AND GUESS WHAT .......

fuel has at least doubled in price since then , so maybe this tactic has backfired ?
Last edited by burnt_servo on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
'93 w250 .... stock ...
curently removing the dead moose parts ....
burnt_servo
fuel screw!!!!

Postby nooblet » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:54 am

cummins king wrote:wouldnt even cross my mine, but what does that have to do with any of what i posted :?

He was just being sarcastic...

He is equating the "dont buy gasoline from Exxon and Mobil and it will lower prices" rumor to the "Ford is buying Cummins" rumor.

Both are 95% hype and 5% rumor.

Chris
1990 W250 4X4 / PODs / 366 Spring / BHAF / Lockers / 35" BFG MTs / Getrag / Valair Ceramic / 3.54:1's / Phantom II Boost/Pyro / Muffler Delete

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" --T.Roosevelt
nooblet
fuel screw!!!!

Postby CAJUN 93 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:41 am

exxon and mobile are producers of fuels. even if you buy fuel from no name mom and pop stores there's a pretty good chance exxon or mobil made it for them. they make their .09 cents per gallon when the fuel leaves the refinery. its like buying nabisco cookies at kroger instead of walmart, you'll take business from walmart but nabisco keeps on going.

then consider that every refinery in the U.S. is running at 90% capacity or greater and sell every gallon they produce.

changing who you buy from will make no difference. the only thing that will affect prices is a decrease in demand. either reduce your driving (which aint gonna happen) or find other sources for fuel.

jmo,
daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Economics 101

Postby Ace » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 am

...the only thing that will affect prices is a decrease in demand...

Yep, supply and demand. That's pretty much all there is to it. Well, it would have been nice if the tree huggers had allowed the oil companies to build a new refinery in the past fifteen years. But they're the ones doing most of the bitchin' anyway, so I hope they are happy driving their Prius'
Ace
14mm rotor

Postby CAJUN 93 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am

in their mind, driving the prius makes them better than you and i. its a smug attitude and lifestyle that allows the minority of the people to control the majority. but really, dont get me started.

its either pay what they get for fuel, or stop driving as much, or grow your own fuel. i work at an auto shop so i have access to large qty's of used oil. i'm gonna start running a mix of it with diesel to supplement some fuel cost. looking for a used vw, benz, izusu, etc to run it in cause i aint real happy about it in my truck.

daryl
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Postby GO OVRIT » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:43 pm

As far as driving less....for most of us it is possible. I haven't driven nearly as much in the last few months. I didn't realize how much unneccesary driving I did until I started thinking about it every time I thought about going somewhere. I'm still avg 200 miles a week for work, but I've stopped riding out for lunch or going to the store after I've already gotten home for things I can get on the way home the next day. Cutting back is the only way I see anything happening any time soon.
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge