a NORMAL woman running as VP!

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

a NORMAL woman running as VP!

Postby dodgetkboy78 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:49 pm

It's about time! She ain't a lawyer, or a liar!
dodgetkboy78
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Running with McCain, she might as well be.
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dodgetkboy78 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Yeah, I am curious how long it will be before them two clash.

She'll tell him where to stick it too.
dodgetkboy78
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Begle1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:02 pm

She's way better than the "normal" woman.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:28 am

YEah, I gotta agree with Begle on that one. She's smoking hot, hunts, fishes, has 5 kids, (one of whom is in the military), NRA life member, has serious libertarian tendencies (small govt, low taxes, get off your ass and get a job- dont let the working support you)........ If I werent already attached, I'd propose. I cant wait to see the VP debate- she's gonna mop the floor with Biden, and be the classiest candidate we've seen in a long time while doing so. I almost think she needs to be on the top of the ticket.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 am

Just wanna remind you guys, McCain and Republicans in general are for big business. That's anti-labor.
Most of us are poor blue collar guys, the working class.
Do you like the price of fuel? Brought to you by the big business oil companies, which pay millions to lobbiests' to get these guys elected and pass the laws they want.
McCain has stated that the middle class starts at $150k income. Is that any of you guys?

I'm done. I don't want to start a political debate. This site is to nice to ruin like that. ;)
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby GO OVRIT » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:40 pm

PToombs wrote:McCain has stated that the middle class starts at $150k income. Is that any of you guys? ;)

Sure I've made that.............Oh do you mean in one year?? :shock:
92 W250 ext cab 518, big sticks, a-1000, PDR HX40, 4" exhaust w/aeroturbine, pump tweaked, K&N filter Tims Cooler tubes and 3" i/c, gauges
GO OVRIT
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:00 pm

And the other party are FOR the little guy? They are for letting you get just far enough ahead to see the light at the end of the tunnel, yet keep you dependent on them and their programs (which, BTW get funded by "big business" and the taxes they pay). Who is richer, McCain or Obama? What about the Clintons? Or Al Gore and his 20000 sq ft house? They have been lawyers their entire lives. At least Palin has actually been in the working world and has business and management experience. And what's wrong with big business? If you dont like where you work, go down the street and work for someone else, or start working for yourself. This is America, for God's sake. If you are poor here, look in the mirror.

And for you union folks, sure unions did some good long ago (like giving us a 40hr week), but all I have seen of modern unions is giving jobs to people too lazy to make it in an independent place of employment. I've yet to meet a union man I cant outwork with one hand tied behind my back. In a union, you have absolutley no incentive to work harder and get ahead. If I outwork two of my co-workers, as I understand it, I dont get any reward or bonus til I've been there a certain amount of time. So I may as well do just enough to get by and keep from being fired. In fact, I've heard of people getting fired from union jobs FOR WORKING when they were supposed to be on break. That is insane and counter productive. So, if you really dont like the high price of (fill in the blank), look real hard at your local union, and the tantrums they throw when they dont get a high enough raise every year. Work some, and you get a raise anyway. If I cant negotiate my own pay and benefits, I deserve what I get, no more, no less.

I believe it was the Chicago community project leader who said the middle class started at $150K.

DP
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 am

I'm not impressed with either one of the choices, so you have to pick the better of what you are offered.

DP, I agree with you on the union thing, and I'm in one. I've seen guys in Carrier that were sleeping at their desk on company time. Then there was the mutant that drove the tug pulling dumpsters. He wouldn't move over to give you any room to get by, even if you were driving a forklift. He always had a miserable look on his face, musta really hated himself. ;)
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby dpuckett » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:06 am

PToombs wrote:I'm not impressed with either one of the choices, so you have to pick the better of what you are offered....

I am kinda in the same boat with the choices. MeCain has an anti gun history, but he is a hair better than his opponent, and seems to (for now) be solid in his stance on issues- not swapping sides evey other week. But, with McCain being as long in the tooth as he is, it is kind of comforting to have someone with whom I agree on the issues important to me as his potential VP. I think that in itself will draw more ovters than if he had chosen someone else that is another DC beltway politician.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby dodgetkboy78 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:39 am

McCain has stated that the middle class starts at $150k income. Is that any of you guys?

Uhhhh...............

well...............

It takes me like five years...................to make that, uh........ :oops:

It must be nice to be rich and live in a dilusion that 150,000K is normal.
dodgetkboy78
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Begle1 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 pm

In California, that's not too far from the truth.

I know guys who worry about making rent on their apartments and make $100,000 a year.

Granted, they relatively nice apartments, but I don't think $150,000 is too far off from "middle-class" in some parts of the country.

A bachelor making $150,000 a year can afford a nice car, beach-side apartment and save enough for retirement while living very comfortably. Put a wife, house and a couple kids into the equation and he's scraping to maintain that quality of life.
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge