My Truck update

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

My Truck update

Postby redneckroot » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:55 am

My 90 is the second 1st gen I've owned. It has also been the equal amount of guessing when I go to the parts store. I finally have the frame rolling again, no motor in it or body on it yet but atleast it rolls, everything is either rebuilt or new, all por-15 on everything so far and its been nothing but a hunt for things this whole time. Everytime I go to the parts store to get something that I need for this thing it ends up being a hunt for what did the factory cobble together now. The rear spring bushings ended up matching up to a dodge 3/4 ton van, the rear shackles we had to order in 4 different ones at the dealer and we finally got the right ones i'm not even sure what they came out of yet. My other 1st gen was the same way, hunting down parts that don't match what it was suppose to have on it.

So where i'm at on my truck so far is the frame rolls the motor is sitting on the floor in my shop and I look at it nightly trying to figure out what I'm doing. I want to go be competative at the stock truck pulls and only want to spend my money once, so I'm trying to debate whether it is smarter to go to a P-Pump spend the bucks knowing that my fueling options are endless, or do i save my money and do some grinding on parts in the VE? I want to be able to go run with the newer trucks and their tuners.....
1990 Restored with a bit of aftermarket goodies might be for sale?
1993 ex. cab 2wd soon to be 4wd Newest Project
1998 ex. cab 12v 4x4 now a 5 speed SOLD
redneckroot
14mm rotor

Postby Richie O » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:49 pm

Im ahead of you on mine. I have been driving around the driveway with it. I don't have my bed ready yet ( its off ) no rear brakes yet, no rocker panels on the club cab end, Only some of the interior in, but it moves under its own power. I had it down to the bare frame too. The first thing I did was back into the road ( with my 8 year old boy ) and power brake it. Here is a pic of the cab floor replacement.

Pieces I cut out

Here is the frame. The date on the photo is not correct It was this summer not 2000
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby redneckroot » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:42 pm

I wish mine was that far, right now i can't decide what to do and its holding me up. I'm short on cash right now and need to stop buying more junk but its hard when you see it on the side of the room (old dodge trucks or jeeps are my weakness). I just have to decide to either p pump it or put it together the way it is. I couldn't reuse my cab there wasn't enough left of the mounts to even begin to weld to. I patched the drivers side last winter but the more i got cutting the more I realized it needed a cab. Plus it had a moon visor on it when i bought it and under that is about an inch and a half of bondo....... this is what i get for looking at it at night and paying for it the same night, but for 2,500 what would you expect..... keep me posted on yours when i can find the post again on how to put pics up i'll post mine.
1990 Restored with a bit of aftermarket goodies might be for sale?
1993 ex. cab 2wd soon to be 4wd Newest Project
1998 ex. cab 12v 4x4 now a 5 speed SOLD
redneckroot
14mm rotor

Postby Richie O » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:09 am

The only thing in my floor that I did not cut out was the hump. I would have cut that out also but my parts cab was a 2 wheel drive model ( small hump ). I cut floors and rockers in one chunk then transplanted them in to the club cab. Club cabs and reg cabs are the same all the way to the back of the drivers seat. I took the good floors out of the reg cab and put them in the club cab. From the drivers seat back was ok with some small patches and sandblasting.

1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Return to Lounge