woman problems...

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Postby dpuckett » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:51 pm

I agree with Bearkiller wholeheartedly. I have a great woman who stands beside me and can occasionally drive my pickup. She does concede that my worn out factory captain's chairs are much more comfortable (SHE doesnt complain about the seats all the way to Indiana, just the bouncy ride, due to lack of shocks :lol: ) than her 04 Dakota. She also comments on it's loudness, and the stench of the exhaust (which I will agree with her on that), but most of it is just teasing. She knows I can still blow her doors off.

Stand up for yourself, but also pick your battles. Who is going to cook what for supper is one to let pass. Buying a $40K POS instead of fixing a few blemishes on your PAID FOR 1stGen is. I guess treat them more like one of the guys, let her know when her idea is hairbrained or out there, but also let her know you can see why she might think that way, considering her background (or whatever). A buddy of mine is always amazed at how he cant get anywhere with his girlfriend (not necessarily in THAT way, either), but he is always kissing her behind- doing nice things, always asking her what she wants to do, etc, so it's kind of a no-brainer. I've told him to take the lead now and then and stick with the plan. He has yet to do it. I guess riding rough stock for several years helps in the self confidence/ devil-may-care dept.

Daniel
His- 93 W250 club cab LE, auto to Getrag conversion, piston lift pump, 3.54 LSD. 400k+
Hers- 04 QC 4x4. Built auto, Triple Dog, Air Dog. Funny Round truck that aint so quiet.
dpuckett
14mm rotor

Postby DIESELCHICK » Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 pm

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYONE ELSE!!! DON'T GET RID OF YOUR TRUCK ...........UNLESS YOU WANT TO SELL IT TO ME :lol: !!! IT WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS IN THE LONG RUN IF YOU SELL IT!!!!! HOPE I DON'T UPSET ANYONE BUT GO TO CUMMINSFORUM OR DTR AND SHOW HER THE PROBLEMS 2ND GEN. HAVE!!! I MAY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET A 1ST GEN IF I WOULD QUIT "FIXING" THE VP. FOR WHAT YOU SPEND ON A 3RD GEN YOU CAN BUY A HOUSE AND LAND IN SOME PARTS OF USA. JUST MY .02. WHAT DOES SHE DRIVE?
DIESELCHICK
fuel screw!!!!

Postby KTA » Sat May 12, 2007 6:09 am

I have bought and own 4 diesel 1st gens for what a used 3rd gen sells for. 8)
Fleet of Junk: 1989 D350 627rwhp 1300 tq B-1/Hx60 twins, KTA pump/injectors, ported head, BIG fuel supply. 13.75@ 109.5mph 1/4: 1992 W350 Cab-chasis, 1993 W350 ext cab cust.370 inj Hx40/16cm 290rwhp hydroboost brakes,1984 D350 crew-cab another project.
KTA
diesel guru/mod

Postby RumbleFish » Sat May 12, 2007 8:37 am

I think I have fixed the problem. I traded my dually for a 83 crew with a ctd swap. She likes it alot better, even though it has alot more rust on it. I asked the reason she likes this one so much better. The response? The seats are more comfy. This one has 2nd gen seats, compared to the stock bench in my previous truck. This one looks worse, but she likes it better. Go figure....
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Lounge