woman problems...

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

woman problems...

Postby RumbleFish » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:11 am

So my woman tells me the other day I should get a 4wd truck. I tell her I have a lifted Ramcharger that will go through all the snow that this last storm dumped on us. She then tells me that I need a 4wd pickup and not a suv (we were on the way to pick up a load of straw at the time). I eventually plan on consolidating my trucks down to a single rig that has a ctd, 4wd, and a back seat. So now I want an 80's crew cab even more...

Fast forward to the next day. She says my truck is looking old. I say it looks paid for. Then she tells me that she really likes the newer trucks like my dad's 3rd gen. I tell her they are too expensive for me. Then she says get one not so new like a 2nd gen. I finally get it out of her that she thinks my truck is ugly (it is...for now) and that she doesn't like the body style eventhough she loves my RC. I then compromise with her and tell her I will look for a newer truck...like a 92 or 93. She failed to see the humor in it. I just cannot muster up any desire at all to buy anything newer than a 93. Even without thinking about the truck payment that comes with it. I just can't get her to understand that a 1st gen is what I want. I even showed her a bunch of people on tdr with newer trucks that all say they regret selling the 1st gen they had previously, and it didn't seem to do much good. Ughhh, talk about frustration. I'm sure most of you know one of those people that just don't 'get it'. By the looks of it, I'm about to marry one.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby Philip » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Stand your ground. If you like the truck and body style. Keep it.

I took many years to train my wife. I drive what I want in a truck. Not what she wants.

I had a 78 W250 gasser one time. Everytime it looked like snow it was gone when I went out to go to work. :cry: She doesn't like my W350 dually. So I know its in the driveway when I need it. :D
93 W350 Club/cab w/duals, buckets & console, B&W flatbed, G56, 6 spd, 3:07 rears, gages, HX40/16, 4" exhaust, 6X.018 sticks, rear air ride suspension
Philip
14mm rotor

Postby BEARKILLER » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:46 pm

It sounds like either she has a problem with you and is knocking your truck as a way to vent; or, she is a manipulative control freak that, once she needles you into changing trucks, then she will start harping on something else, such as re-siding the house, or digging up the shrubbery, anything to exercise her authority.

Don't budge; as, the more you bend over backwards to please her, the more hoops she will set in front of you to jump through.

Don't argue, don't defend your position, just don't give a damn; if she stays, she will be better for the experience, and if she goes, you will be better off.

BearKillers advice for the love-lorn. :wink:
BEARKILLER
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:25 am

I bet Bearkiller is single! :lol:
Stay the course! Do what you have to do to keep you happy, within reason. My wife is not thrilled when I put money into the truck. But she complains, then I have to buy her something so we're even. I bought that parts truck for the cab, now I have to buy her a Blackberry. Truck, and Blackberry are about $260, I can't buy a cab for that at a used parts house.
You could take the top off the RC, then you have a truck! Tell her to drive that, she'll shut up. (since it's cold out) :wink:
If you watch http://www.govliquidation.com/index.html you can see crewcabs on there. Just type dodge into the search. If you put in dodge truck, you get all the trucks. Good luck. :)
pete

Just enough power to break everything behind the crankshaft.
PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby PToombs » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:37 am

:idea: I knew there was a crew on there, I thought the auction ended. It starts on the 20th. It's at Wright-Patterson Air Base in Ohio. Check it out!
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby BEARKILLER » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 am

PToombs wrote:I bet Bearkiller is single! :lol:

I will take that bet :!:

I have been married to the same woman for nigh onto fifteen years :shock: .

You guys just need to get out of the habit of being so candy-coated and easily manipulated; women can pick up on that and take you to the cleaners. :mrgreen:

The worst thing a woman can have is a bunch of "can't find a man in a prison" type friends, that are jealous of her having a man, so they give her all kinds of wrong information to undermine your relationship. :roll:

I write advice columns in several periodicals under a pen-name and do a little divorce counseling in my spare time. :!:
MY TRUCK = 1985 FORD F-350 2wd, 89 1st.Gen.Cummins,Getrag 5-sp,Dana70 3:55

WIFE'S TRUCK = 1991.5 D-250 I/C, Auto

SON'S TRUCK = 1990 W-250 Getrag

#4 = 1991 D-350 LE Getrag
BEARKILLER
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:53 pm

Dude! Want some side work over here? :oops: :lol:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby TWorline » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Stand your ground and stay the course. I'm sure that the reason you two are together is NOT because of what you drive/don't drive. We have been married for 28 years, she doesn't like my truck and I don't like the curtains in the living room. Niether thing really matters, we are individual people, not people exactly alike and I am glad, no way could I live with someone like me. :shock:
Tim Worline
1992 W250 Club Cab LE, S300 62/71, 5" stainless intake, 4" into 5" exhaust, ATS exhaust manifold, SDX 5X18 Injectors, AirDog 150, Borgeson shaft, Coolingmist Vari-cool, Con OFEK, 3" Stainless CoolerTubz, 354/749.

http://www.CoolerTubz.com/
TWorline
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:17 pm

This isn't a make it or break it type of deal...I just thought it was a bit humerous. I do think that I finally got through to her though. I told her that if her not liking my truck was that big of a deal, then she could go buy me a newer one. Just think how many purses and kitchen gadgets that would buy. She seemed to get the point.

And thanks to Pete, it seems as if my tax refund has a crew cab written all over it.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby BRUISER » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:34 am

I will say this..

When I brought home my '92 CTD my wife about dropped dead..

The bed, hood, fenders, etc where all dented. Paint was terrible and inside (lets just say she would nto get into it) well on the weekends I have been doing some work to it at a freinds house.. we re-did the entire inside ( new, carpet, padding, painted all panels, new leatehr seats, headliner, etc) I parked in front of her car the other night knowing we were going to go to dinner later and when she came outside she was like hell NO.. well I convinced her to try and take a ride..

Needless to say when she opened the door and it was all NEW.. she was amazed and is NOW very happy.. she actually told me to go ahead and spend the money to get the body work done and get it painted..

Yes she said "I like this truck"

sometimes you just gotta make it look Pretty for them :)
Ken C

'92 W250 4x4 - 5 Speed
www.impaks.com ( my projects )
www.nc4x4.com ( Moderator )
www.cnc4x4.org ( VP )
BRUISER
fuel screw!!!!

Postby PToombs » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:57 pm

And sometimes she whines all the way to Indiana about the seats! :roll:
pete

PToombs
14mm rotor

Postby justagoodolboy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:46 pm

BEARKILLER wrote:

You guys just need to get out of the habit of being so candy-coated and easily manipulated; women can pick up on that and take you to the cleaners. :mrgreen:

The worst thing a woman can have is a bunch of "can't find a man in a prison" type friends, that are jealous of her having a man, so they give her all kinds of wrong information to undermine your relationship. :roll:

I write advice columns in several periodicals under a pen-name and do a little divorce counseling in my spare time. :!:

I called my dad to make sure he did not have any bastard children, cause I swear me & BK must be related!

I agree, woman are manipulative. No one is saying not to do nice things for your wife or anything, just remember 99% of what they say and do has a motive that you are probably not aware of. It also comes down to marrying the right person. My dad says "if you go fishin in the sewer, you are gonna catch a turd." Thats the lecture I got with my barfly girlfriend before I met my wife.
1992 D350 xCab
5spd, 3200 Spg, BHAF, Slight Pump Mods
justagoodolboy
fuel pin?

Postby TOMTOM » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:50 pm

My wife keeps asking (WHEN ARE YOU GONNA PAINT THAT UGLY THING).
She also gets pissed when I wont drive the 06 ctd. She just dosent understand!!!
93 CLUB CAB LE SHORT BED 209,000 MILES AUTO/OD 3.54 GEARS 4" TURBO BACK EX NO MUFFLER P7100 PUMP MODS B/D INJECTORS 13.55@99 MPH 440HP 967TQ ON #2 ONLY. PSD INTERCOOLER,BD SUPER B TURBO)47RE FULL MAN SUNCOAST TRIPLE DISC
TOMTOM
fuel screw!!!!

Postby CAJUN 93 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:41 am

i took my wife for a ride around the block in a 05 viper. while rumbling around in 2nd gear listening to all the squeeks and rattles, enjoying the bucking bull ride, she says "this thing really is a piece of" and i floorboarded it before she finished the sentence. went from 25 to 70mph in a few short seconds (without shifting). jumped on the brakes hard and stopped just as fast. she looks over with a big smile and says "that gave me butterflies" :lol: . sometimes you just gotta show em things in the right light for them to understand. 8)
93 d350 5spd 3.54-bhaf,stg iv,banks intercooler,bosch185,16cm,pacbrake,4" straight exh,pump mods,366 spring,leece-neville alt.
hers- 93 d250 auto 3.54- pump mods only
ours- 93 w350 dually, auto, 3.54. stock for now
parts 93 d350 auto, 92 d250 auto.
CAJUN 93
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:02 am

Not only is he married, his wife drives a first gen.

His women problem's manifest when his wife calls dibs on the POD's...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Next

Return to Lounge