Electric Circuit Books or Forums

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Electric Circuit Books or Forums

Postby Begle1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:21 am

Anybody know of a big book of electrical circuits, or a forum consisting of guys who build circuits for fun? It seems like I'm always needing to figure out how to solder resistors and transistors and dio...isters together in order to do something, but it's a rare day when I can figure it out on my own.

Like how to adapt my 40-130 ohm fuel level indicator in my Ramcharger tank to read accurately on my 60-160 ohm fuel level gauge on my dash. I'm sure there's a simple little way to do it with a circuit, but I ought as well be building a nuclear reactor...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Postby Begle1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:53 pm

Alright, here's another one: I have thermocouples out of the wazoo for my SVO/#6 system.
I got thermocouple controllers for the water temperature and fuel temperature; I'm planning on setting them to switch to #2 in case of a drop in temperature.
But, while I'm adding engauging myself, I figure I ought as well stick a thermocouple in my tranny, oil pan and air intake as well. Anybody know how to wire a type K thermocouple into a designated LED display? Preferably while running on a 12 volt circuit. And if you were really smart you could probably run all of the LED's off of the same circuit, so you wouldn't need seperate IC chips for each one...
1990 D-250 Regular Cab: Tweaked injection pump, built transmission, a cataclysmic charlie foxtrot of electronics, the most intense street-ran water injection system in the country, and some more unique stuff.
Begle1
14mm rotor

Return to Lounge