Did you all see this? From DTR, Wannadiesel

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Did you all see this? From DTR, Wannadiesel

Postby mhuppertz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:19 am

I think I just got banned from DTR (after 7 years!). That's too bad. Guess their tent wasn't big enough for me.
mhuppertz

Postby The_Head » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Sorry to hear that M. I decided to stay out of that thread. Most forums really aren't what they should be. What I mean is, if you decide to post in opposition, you get banned. A true forum staff will let both sides post as long as it stays civil.

I don't know the guy but she is really smart when it comes to first gens. I'm just not going to think about that persons life if they decide to post in a thread I make, or a thread I post in.
1992 Dodge Power Ram 250 (sold)
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Tradesman, RC, 4WD, G56, Traxda 2.5/1" leveling kit
The_Head
14mm rotor

Postby Falcon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:12 am

It still should of been posted some place different, and Mark your correct on posting your opinion on there it will get you banned if you don't agree with the ADMIN.
Greg
Graham, Washington
"FIRST REAL TRUCK ENGINE...
LAST REAL TRUCK!!!
93 ex cab 4x4, Hybred 35/40,4" exaust all the way,pump turned alittle,DDP Stage III's, 366 spring,DDP fuel pin,AFE first gen air intake,pyro and boost gauges
Falcon
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 am

Jack and crew definately ban easily if you disagree. I almost got banned because I proposed that South Bend Clutch wasn't the only game in town.
This board is a lot more laid back!
mhuppertz

Postby Richie O » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 am

One thing for sure is that this thread is not going to turn into a conversation about church, god, gender, straight, gay like on DTR. I allowed this to stay as an announcement type of thing. If this gets discussed here it will turn into a fight. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:26 am

Richie O wrote:One thing for sure is that this thread is not going to turn into a conversation about church, god, gender, straight, gay like on DTR. I allowed this to stay as an announcement type of thing. If this gets discussed here it will turn into a fight. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I have no interest in that. I just want to talk trucks. I disagree with Jack's decision to put it up for discussion. Some joy has been lost for me, at least temporarily.
Also, since I read Wanna's post on DTR, I can't stop Judy Garlin's "somewhere over the raindow" song from playing in my head!!!! Diabolical!
mhuppertz

Postby Falcon » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 pm

mhuppertz wrote:
Richie O wrote:One thing for sure is that this thread is not going to turn into a conversation about church, god, gender, straight, gay like on DTR. I allowed this to stay as an announcement type of thing. If this gets discussed here it will turn into a fight. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

I have no interest in that. I just want to talk trucks. I disagree with Jack's decision to put it up for discussion. Some joy has been lost for me, at least temporarily.
Also, since I read Wanna's post on DTR, I can't stop Judy Garlin's "somewhere over the raindow" song from playing in my head!!!! Diabolical!

WOW too funny.......... Sorry but I'm a non believer. I don't really care all I want is information on these trucks. I have a p-pump motor in my shop I am getting ready to build. I was trying to sell the pump but I got talked out of it. So next year a new 92 p-pumped motor will go in my truck...........
Greg
Graham, Washington
"FIRST REAL TRUCK ENGINE...
LAST REAL TRUCK!!!
93 ex cab 4x4, Hybred 35/40,4" exaust all the way,pump turned alittle,DDP Stage III's, 366 spring,DDP fuel pin,AFE first gen air intake,pyro and boost gauges
Falcon
fuel screw!!!!

Postby The_Head » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:40 pm

See, then this board is just like all the others. Just sayin. It's been said that an internet forum is a benign dictatorship. A true forum should allow both sides of the discussion. You should not be kicked out because you and the mods/admins happen to disagree on something. Unless that is in the TOS, I suppose. The problem is most forums are now business oriented, or owned by a big corporation.

Question in my mind is, how would have that been handled if wannadiesel was just a regular user on there, and not an admin? hmmmm.

I don't agree with what s/he is doing, but I am tolerant enough to accept it.
The_Head
14mm rotor

Postby peobryant » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:08 pm

The_Head wrote:

See, then this board is just like all the others. Just sayin. It's been said that an internet forum is a benign dictatorship. A true forum should allow both sides of the discussion. You should not be kicked out because you and the mods/admins happen to disagree on something. Unless that is in the TOS, I suppose. The problem is most forums are now business oriented, or owned by a big corporation.

Question in my mind is, how would have that been handled if wannadiesel was just a regular user on there, and not an admin? hmmmm.

I don't agree with what s/he is doing, but I am tolerant enough to accept it.

Don't act like your stupid, you're not. There are obvious reasons Richie, and other forums chooses not to allow certain discussions, such as religion. The fact of the matter is, most people aren't mature enough to discuss things like that, and it turns into a huge flame war, and people who have a lot of knowledge and information get upset over something that can easily be avoided. If people could PROVE that they can discuss in a mature manner, do you honestly think forum admins would care? Unfortunately, people have proven they can't discuss things they disagree with in a mature, respectful manner, so the easiest way to prevent it, is to not allow it. This is easily one of the most laidback forums on the internet, you can do or say a lot of things here, that you can't anywhere else. However, attacking a member is one of the things frowned upon heavily here. Richie runs this site fantastically, if I do say so myself, even if there are things he doesn't agree with, he lets a discussion happen for the most part if things are going smoothly.

That latter part of your post if just plain ignorant. Obviously if Wanna was just a regular user, what was posted wouldn't have been allowed. But when you are one of the integral parts to that site, and a huge part of the diesel community, it is a different story.

The_Head, I'm not attacking you by any means, I'm talking about the general population but I think people need to calm down about it. There have been posts in the 1st Gen section of DTR that had nothing to do with trucks (remember SparklyFlower?) and it was allowed to stay because the 1st genners are like a little family. For the most part the people that post regularly over there, know eachother pretty well (for the internet at least) and I'm sure that is the reason Wanna wanted to post it in the 1st Gen section.
Parker
1991 Dodge Ram D350, Cummins Turbo Diesel, A518
1972 Mercedes-Benz 220D, OM615 Diesel, 4 Speed Manual
peobryant
14mm rotor

Postby The_Head » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:19 pm

nevermind
The_Head
14mm rotor

Postby BC847 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 pm

As an admin over there, I can assure you all posts are shown. I think maybe two have been deleted as nothing more than provocative banter. (One of those was by Faith herself). Behind the scenes it was recognized the topic would be potentially explosive and as a result, there has been great effort to ensure all opinions whether for or against, are presented without bias.

It's clear folks are being respectful in their posts with many being quite passionate. As such, it's ALL there.
David

1993 12mm VE Fueled W250 CC, Green
12.67 @ 103.35
Your basic farm truck ;)
BC847
Administrator

Postby mhuppertz » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm

BC847 wrote:As an admin over there, I can assure you all posts are shown. I think maybe two have been deleted as nothing more than provocative banter. (One of those was by Faith herself). Behind the scenes it was recognized the topic would be potentially explosive and as a result, there has been great effort to ensure all opinions whether for or against, are presented without bias.
It's clear folks are being respectful in their posts with many being quite passionate. As such, it's ALL there.

There is a silent majority over there that has chosen to lay out. How do I know? Because I have gotten quite a few PM's and emails from people who are upset about a good board turned PC agenda bad. Someone remarked earlier in this thread about the "elephant in the room" over there now, and it's true.
I have been an active poster on that board for almost 7 years, and this is the first time that I haven't felt like reading posts or posting.
I don't like crap being shoved down my throat and then being persecuted if I yelp.
I will stick around though because I don't want to give it all up and quit.
:|
mhuppertz

Postby Richie O » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Ok guys, this thread is getting closed. I am not taking sides I just feel that this topic is not related to the site, or in it's best interest. I don't like the fighting or the topic in genral. This is a diesel site and sometimes in the lounge section things are posted about every day life. That is fine and I enjoy reading about parkers kid or what someone did last weekend. I know lots of the lounge threads have been started by me. This on the other hand, is beyond what will be allowed on the site. It is far too easy for reason to go out the window when discussing such things (religion, etc.). This site was started as and will remain, a diesel site. I can see why DTR did it as wanna is the most active admin there. It was a weird thing to read for sure. That was their choice to make, and this is mine. :bigsmurf:
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Previous

Return to Lounge