Did you all see this? From DTR, Wannadiesel

Off topic/not diesel related

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Did you all see this? From DTR, Wannadiesel

Postby mhuppertz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Living my truth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not the person you thought I was.

All my life I have struggled with my gender identity, I understood myself as female from a very young age even though my body did not match. I'll spare you the details of how this internal conflict has affected my life, I'm not looking for sympathy or pity. Four years I began to accept myself, and even to love myself. About 8 months ago I began the process of transitioning from male to female. During that time I've been leading a double life, appearing as a man in some places and woman in others. The male places have gotten fewer and fewer, and on Friday I will appear as a man (well, a girly sort of man anyway) for the last time, at work. When I return to work on Monday it will be as a woman.

So why am I posting this here? Well, my only other choice was to disappear, and I didn't want to do that. DTR and the MDTDC have been a big part of my life for a long time. My fascination with trucks, cars, and engines has been with me since before I knew the difference between boys and girls. It's not a facade like the big ol' beard - that sure proved I was a man. I plan to stay active on this forum and I will continue to attend local events if it's safe for me to do so. And yeah, you can expect to find me under the hood of a 1st gen at every opportunity.

I’ll be happy to answer polite questions but please recognize that there are limits to what you need to know about my body and my personal life. Wikipedia has a good entry on transsexualism, it's a good place to start if you want to understand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

They say that when a transsexual person transitions, that everyone around them transitions too. People have to get used to changes in appearance, but names and pronouns are often the hardest thing to adjust. I prefer to be addressed as Faith and referred to with female pronouns. So far, most people have been understanding and supportive. I am confident that my dieselhead friends will respond in the same way.

Thanks for listening.

Faith
386 HP/774 TQ on #2 only, 408 HP/844 TQ w/ water/meth - needs more air!
Dead KDP's = 72
mhuppertz

Re: Did you all see this? From DTR, Wannadiesel

Postby soggy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Is this some sick joke??
92 W250 VE Powered

13.31@ 98.92

1993 D350 Tow Rig
soggy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:22 pm

soggy wrote:Is this some sick joke??

It seems to be real. I feel sick.....
mhuppertz

Postby soggy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:26 pm

He ( I can't say she) has always been helpful to me and I never had a problem with Wanna, but man.. this is wrong. It's going to be very weird over there...
92 W250 VE Powered

13.31@ 98.92

1993 D350 Tow Rig
soggy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby mhuppertz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:33 pm

soggy wrote:He ( I can't say she) has always been helpful to me and I never had a problem with Wanna, but man.. this is wrong. It's going to be very weird over there...

Honestly, changing your name, cloths, or even whacking your pee pee doesn't remove the Y chromosone. To me it's mental health issue, not a "body conscienceness" issue.
I am saddened.
mhuppertz

Postby oldestof11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:37 pm

I PM'd John_P asking if its real....
:( :( :( :(
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Richie O » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Its real. Do not get crazy with this guys. He has enough to get through. Just please don't make fun of it. He knows he will loose alot of friends but has decided to go through it anyway. I don't understand why someone would do it but all I can say if he needs to do it for himself then do it. He is in for a rough time. As I say I don't get it but I don't have to. He has helped lots of people and is pretty smart. I feel bad for him. This is real odd to me too, but I will not make fun of him.
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby mhuppertz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Richie O wrote:Its real. Do not get crazy with this guys. He has enough to get through. Just please don't make fun of it. He knows he will loose alot of friends but has decided to go through it anyway. I don't understand why someone would do it but all I can say if he needs to do it for himself then do it. He is in for a rough time. As I say I don't get it but I don't have to. He has helped lots of people and is pretty smart. I feel bad for him. This is real odd to me too, but I will not make fun of him.

I'm not making fun of him at all, I just think he has gotten some really bad advice. The statistics show that this kind of decision does not help the underlying problems. I feel sorry for him....
mhuppertz

Postby Richie O » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:11 pm

I am very old school even though I am only 34. I am very set in my ways. I don't understand it or agree with it, but I don't have to. He has to deal with it. Its up to everyone wether they want to speak to him or not. I just don't want the words that we are all thinking typed here. Like the thread over there says be civil. Thats all I ask. He is not asking for anything, he is just letting people know whats up. He has balls to come out. If I were him I would have moved away way west and just showed up as a chick. I don't want to know all the details, don't even want to think about it. If I need to ask him something I will and don't care if he has a dress on or not. Words can't help, I guess I will stop.
1989 W250 727, 3.07 L/S, S300, P/S Intercooler, Stans exaust, Pump adjustments, 127k miles,297 hp
1993 W250 extended cab, rag, 4.10 l/s, 6x16's, HTT 62/71/14 piston l/p, Isspro EV series tach, fuel pressure, boost, oil pres, water temp, volt, pryo, 132k/ 301 hp
1992 W250 with NV4500, 3.54's, 16cm 60mm GDS H1C, ground stock cone, Isspro tach, pryo, boost, fuel pressure, slow, rusty, dented,180k
Richie O
Administrator

Postby oldestof11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:18 pm

I agree Rich. I am deeply saddened though.

Great person to work with but for awhile at least, theres gonna be an elephant in the Chat Room.

BTW, I LOVED his old beard!
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby soggy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:33 pm

X2 Richie

X2 on the beard Jon :D
It's just pretty sad to see this happen.
92 W250 VE Powered

13.31@ 98.92

1993 D350 Tow Rig
soggy
fuel screw!!!!

Postby The_Head » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Some things you should just keep to yourself. I didn't really need to know that about him/her.
1992 Dodge Power Ram 250 (sold)
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Tradesman, RC, 4WD, G56, Traxda 2.5/1" leveling kit
The_Head
14mm rotor

Postby SNOOT » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Hell I grew up in the big city of Seattle.. I had lots of friends that seemed normal to me all through H/S. As they got older they just changed or found that they were different. I have had no problem accepting them for there differences..
I will say that there choice in lifestyle changed the people around them and some of there good friends. It was never me that had a problem and I would still go have dinner with any of my friends that either went gay or changed sex.
Heck I have an uncle on my wifes side that had the entire sex change done and yes its different but after 6 or 7 years I don't even remember the person he was before. I guess you just have to get over the issue you may have to live with this kind of situation.
1993 W350
SNOOT
14mm rotor

Postby IowaCummins » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:02 pm

well said Snoot. i agree with you. i mena its there choice and its your choice to accept it. if you dont thats to bad that you havent came into the new age but its no problem its your own oppinion. if its what makes wannadiesel feel like more him/her own self thats cool. and wow that really must of been a tough decision when he/she clicked that submit button at the bottom of the post.
1993 Dodge W250 Reg cab. Auto, .010" headgasket, A1 Studs. Just the Lil Ole VE pump Fuelin 7x.014's turnin the Aurora 3000 turbo. 5" Turbo back to Duals. :cbadge:
IowaCummins
14mm rotor

Postby mhuppertz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:46 am

My post to DTR:
I just read through all these posts and am getting more and more upset. This site went from great to offensive faster than a Sheid truck in the 1/4 mile.
I believe Dave's post violates the long standing charter of this site to keep political and religious stuff out of the main posts. Since Larry has allowed this thread to remain, I can only ascertain that this site is now something other than what it was. Morally I cannot agree with the NEW charter of this site, so I am in a quandary. I have received (and given) lots of great support over the past "nearly" seven years, and I am reticent to give it up.
Above all, I am very sad.
Mark
mhuppertz

Next

Return to Lounge