getrag problems in central MASS

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

getrag problems in central MASS

Postby jmd4993 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:55 pm

i bought a getrag swap kit so i got a valair dual disc and everything. then i go to drive the drive and it seemed fine at first but now 3rd gear is grinding. the guy that sold it me was gonna swap it for another one he has but he doesnt think its in good shape but im free to try it he said. jw if theres anyone around Rutland MA area that can rebuild a getrag or know something who can. i also just dont have the lifts or anything to drop a tranny. idk how hard it would be on the ground with another guy.

any help and info is much appreciated, free beer and food course and pay back favors ten fold back to you.

thanks
jmd4993
fuel screw!!!!

Re: getrag problems in central MASS

Postby ihredneck » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:16 am

Not sure if you got this figured out, but I've pulled these units with a regular old floor jack and piece of ply wood.

Also, they're not hard at all to rebuild, only takes a few 'special' tools that you might be able to barrow from friends.
1992 W350 RCLB 5 Speed Locking 3.54s Flatbed completely stock it's whole life (for now) 117K on the clock (In the middle of a frame off restoration)
1992 W350 RCLB Rag Locking 4.10s Flatbed basket case - All the spare parts left from the other W350 & I still have a whole truck left...
1999 RCSB 1500 24v NV5600
2000 VW Jetta TDI
ihredneck
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Pay it Foward