Diesel noob from CO

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Diesel noob from CO

Postby xohcef » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:23 am

Mark Nixon wrote:
ellis93 wrote:.....What was the cause of your engine failure?

A gerbil gnawed through the cardboard cylinder wall tube to escape, because he wasn't being paid a fair and equal wage to spin a crankshaft all day. :lol:

You were warned that this IS a dysfunctional family, right? :twisted:

Mark.

That cheap little bastard. He only hung out in the cardboard cylinder for 7 dyno pulls and about 4 full passes down the track. Brand new motor before the pulls and passes. Ugh
xohcef
fuel screw!!!!

Postby oldestof11 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Pay the new ones more. Then when it says "F you!", we can have more rice dinner pics. :lol:
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby xohcef » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:46 am

First fill up of several today in the new rig

Drove 1700+ miles in the last 39 hours from Denver, CO to new Athens, Il and back. Picked it up from rattlebox 93 on here and there will be a few bugs worked out but damn am I satisfied. Truck runs well and one of the problems worked itself out on the way home while no others popped up. I'm super stoked on this truck. Gonna see how she does towing thia week :) stay tuned
93 d350 extended cab dually, NV5600, he351cw, DDP stage 3, industrial man ported, ported head, 60# springs, 354 spring, holley blue, aeromotive fpr, South bend single disc/hydros, kelderman dual bag.
xohcef
fuel screw!!!!

Postby The_Head » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Welcome to the board, that's a nice truck. I also am a Honda guy, mostly just use them as daily drivers now (2 stock Accords, '90, '92) but I have an H22 hatch ('93) being finished soon hopefully to just cruise around in.

I always get a chuckle when people write about beating up on ricers. That's mostly on CF though.
1992 Dodge Power Ram 250 (sold)
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Tradesman, RC, 4WD, G56, Traxda 2.5/1" leveling kit
The_Head
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Honda's are good daily drivers...

Shoot, you could have driven up another 5 hours north to me and I would have bought you a beer.
Jon
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby xohcef » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 am

The_Head wrote:Welcome to the board, that's a nice truck. I also am a Honda guy, mostly just use them as daily drivers now (2 stock Accords, '90, '92) but I have an H22 hatch ('93) being finished soon hopefully to just cruise around in.

I always get a chuckle when people write about beating up on ricers. That's mostly on CF though.

Thanks for the welcome and comment. The H motors are awesome! I also get chuckles. My car never see's the street anymore so I can't say that I blast on trucks all the time but I don't think I'd get stuck in a black cloud :D I've heard the CF guys are kinda different
93 d350 extended cab dually, NV5600, he351cw, DDP stage 3, industrial man ported, ported head, 60# springs, 354 spring, holley blue, aeromotive fpr, South bend single disc/hydros, kelderman dual bag.
xohcef
fuel screw!!!!

Postby xohcef » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 am

oldestof11 wrote:Honda's are good daily drivers...

Shoot, you could have driven up another 5 hours north to me and I would have bought you a beer.

I've driven one since I got my license, til the truck which is way comfier than the average civic I was cruising lol. Shit man the beer sounded like it woulda made the trip easier. It was a long damn ride though, I'm glad it's over.
xohcef
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Mark Nixon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 am

xohcef wrote:....I've heard the CF guys are kinda different

Child Forums? :lol:
Yeah, their Moderators leave a lot to be desired, especially one from Georgia.....but I guess that's his excuse, he's from Georgia. :roll:

Keep in mind, from what I understand, that site is run from a server in Canada, so they tend to go over the line on being super restrictive on their rules and the way they treat their members, because they feel it's "legal" to do so.
In short, better kiss the right butt if you want to sell any USED parts there without a "Vendor Membership", else you're pretty well screwed.

Besides, it's the LAST place I'd recommend if you want INTELLIGENT people and info.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby dazedandconfused » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:47 am

Thats why i dont waste my time over there anymore.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:21 pm

Mark, it is one thing to sell a few parts here and there. But if your intention is to do a lot of selling and hardly any tech, they can lay the hammer down. CompD is like that too. You have flown under the radar there pretty well.

It is their forum, they can do what they wish to its members there.
Jon
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby Mark Nixon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 pm

oldestof11 wrote:Mark, it is one thing to sell a few parts here and there. But if your intention is to do a lot of selling and hardly any tech, they can lay the hammer down. CompD is like that too. You have flown under the radar there pretty well.

It is their forum, they can do what they wish to its members there.

I'm also entitled to share my experiences, which, I might add, a lot of people of Child Forums have also experienced.

Jon, I wouldn't call it "flying under the radar" on CompD.
It's not like I haven't publicly ASKED a time or 2 for a vendor membership on CompD, which I HAVE.
If you don't believe me, you can hop your happy ass over there and do a search on my postings and you'll see that I have ASKED and it goes largely unanswered.
FYI, there are numerous other "non-contributing, under-the-radar" vendors on there, just look around a while.
There's also a boatload of them on Child Forums, too.

For the most part, I don't mind answering and helping out, like I do here and like I DID DO on Child Forums, it's when a select few ignore the contribution and see only what they want to see, that the shti starts rolling.

Mark.
Mark Nixon

Postby Tacoclaw » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 pm

There's only so many people actually parting these trucks out like Mark is willing to do Chase them all off and all of a sudden it starts getting hard to find parts. You're paying jacked-up EBay prices and dealing with a different person every time.

I can't see how Mark has stepped on any toes, but then again my painless Getrag swap and new-looking fluid tanks may have me a bit biased. :mrgreen:

OT, welcome to the forum!
1990 W250 4x4
Rattles, growls, whistles, and whines.
Tacoclaw
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Welcome