New here info overload!

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: New here info overload!

Postby Hansen01 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Agreed, if i was to do it all over again i would have done the he351cw swap before i didn't like the other 3 turbos :roll:
1990 dodge W250 cummins 6 speed. 4in diamond eye, a turbo,and a pump :D
Under construction...
Hansen01
14mm rotor

Postby Billy Bones » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:10 pm

I guess i should say the finnished rig won't be towing much probably have a camper on it at times so I don't know what that means for the turbo and I have the HX35 already. On the manifold the reason I'm thinking about custom is space I wanted to turn it in closer to the block (I think I have seen them stock on busses snd newer Gens) that's where I got the idea and on the stainless I just like working with it and tig welding it looks pretty sharp I have a buddy that can water jet some of the pieces too. I've haerd a lot if good things about the three piece ones but tge cost is to high for me right now
Billy Bones
fuel screw!!!!

Postby dodgeman1990.5 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:47 pm

WELCOME

i am running the factory h1c and i am pulling 40 lb of boost out of it no problem. I do believe the H1c has a much bigger turbo shaft so less chances of breaking it too. I also have a turbo compressor side off a intercooled truck that i put a 16cm housing on that works pretty good too. has a bit more of a turbo whine than the h1c

I have the blue felpro valve cover gaskets i put a thin coat of hi-temp sealent on them too and have never had a problem
dodgeman1990.5
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Billy Bones » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm

I think the manifold I have seen was off an industrial rig.
Billy Bones
fuel screw!!!!

Postby Billy Bones » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:50 pm

So I have what I believe is a 89 bone stock so it's non i/c. I was looking for some advice from the veterans here what would you have done if your motor was on a stand. I plan on fixing the KDP, I have a 3200rpm spring and I heard the non i/c pumps are better? and the injectors are bigger than stock i/c motors. What should I do with total ease of access to the whole motor, I'm thinking seals, weak spots, upgrades and mods mostly relating to the motor itself.
Billy Bones
fuel screw!!!!

Previous

Return to Welcome