New Rookie Joining The Ranks, Sir

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

New Rookie Joining The Ranks, Sir

Postby COOTER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 am

Good day to you all. My "Mama Given Name" is Shaun Cooper, and my physical address is Cave City KY. I own/operate Cooper High Performance in Glasgow KY, & yes some people wear kilts, mostly the High School Marching Band...I am somewhat new to the "1st Gen Revolution" and as of late have found myself being asked to do 12V conversions, and 1st Gen work at the shop. I'm just glad I have a stock pile of 12V's laying around on pallets!

Our personal/shop 1st Gen is a 1992 D350 Centurion Conversion. Basically that what's yesteryear's Regency along with other fallen companies such as Choo Choo Customs & Southern Comfort (The Original). It's sporting complete leather interior, captains chairs, center jump seat w/ integrated flip down wood grain console hiding stowage both underneath the seat, and inside the console, a predecessor to the Dodge console we know today. It also boasts an overhead wood grain console running from front to rear with smoked mirrored glass impregnated with mood lights (C'mon, I'm only 26 and even I remember mood lights) large adjustable map lights, and a pre-wired overhead cb radio box. The rear consists of a bench seat, but here's the kicker...the bench cushion is removable, and under that cushion lies a handle, pull up on that handle and the top removes, exposing a complete storage facility for over the road goodies, or one heck of a sound system. The rest of the interior is that of a 5 speed 2WD 1st Gen, however it is wood grain where normal black plastic would be. Then there is my favorite part, something you just don't see on every 1st Gen...factory power door locks, factory power windows, factory power mirrors, yes i said it, factory power mirrors, cruise control, and a completely functioning hvac system.

Now for what everybody is reading this entire message for...the goods....Keep in mind this is an extended cab, 5 speed dually on G load range tires...I know right? G load?? That's what was on them when I got it, and they are completely regrooveable, so far as I'm concerned, lifetime tires!...The entire power plant is a main and head studded P-Pump assembly, not just a P-Pump install on a stock set up, but a complete P-Pump set up (injection pump, pistons, head, valves block, the whole 9) Now that your tracking with me, yes the pump itself has been turned up and timing advanced, along with larger delivery valves, #0 fuel plate, 5K governor springs, BIG shooters (injectors), and an HX35 w/ ported housings & wheel upgrade breathing through a complete 5" single pipe that converges into 2 5" Aussie Stacks. Future enhancements will be a twin set up, and will probably be using an S400 variant turbo on top of the 35...Still up in the air and pending due to constant breakage. We are also thinking about a complete adjustable air ride suspension, or bagging it, as it is called now, and a fresh Ford Sonic Blue paint job. We think lowered, on 19.5" or 22.5" Alcoa's is the way to go. Now...when I say constant breakage...imagine if you will, even the smallest of torque numbers available with the mods listed. I say low, because everybody always says, "I'm pushin' 500HP & 1200FtLbs by golly and she's a smoke blowin' baby maker that'll out run anything!!"....Now, most people can't back up numbers like that, and I have never dyno'd the truck, so I can't say what kind of power we're lighting up, but I know it's very close to the numbers I used. I used those particular numbers (following may get me banned from the org? hehehe ) because I have a 99 F-350, 7.3L PSD, 6 Speed, 4X4, Ext. Cab, Dually that puts down those numbers all day, so I know what it feels like to have it. Btw...I have the 7.3L PSD dyno sheet to prove it ;-)

Back to breakage and stupid torque values...hmmmm....long story short, it has broken a camshaft into 4 pieces...it has snapped 5 input shafts like they were mere twigs, all the while the South Bend Double Disc has held up magnificently...Had to have new center sections installed into both clutch discs this last time, but still holding strong. I know some of you may be thinking that the KDP may have caused the cam issues, well it did not, as that was properly taken care of long ago upon my inspection of the timing gears. This thing is an absolute blast to drive...IF...you can hold her together...I live in downtown diesel country USA, just down the road from TS Performance, and am close friends with several of the people there, and even they are amazed to see a 1st Gen Ext. Cab Dually drifting sideways from 3rd to 5th at about 35-40 MPH...Not to shabby for an old man truck ;-) I'm in no way attempting to condone my business or advertise, but if you would like to see the truck, and it's photo album of carnage, you can seem that at http://www.facebook.com/cooperhighperformance. I apologize if that breaks any of the rules and regulations, but I just wanted to share my rig since I can't have a sig or avatar for 22 more posts :-(

I hope you all have enjoyed my "Welcome" message, and I look forward to hearing from all of you. I also hope that not only can we help one another, but learn from one another, so that we may pass it on to others in need. Thank you all, and God bless!

Cooter

Shaun Cooper
Last edited by COOTER on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
COOTER
fuel pin?

Re: New Rookie Joining The Ranks, Sir

Postby ellis93 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 pm

:nopics: if we dont see it,it aint real,lol 8)
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Welcome. Is this the same Cooter that's on KYDTR?
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby COOTER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 pm

@ellis93 - Just For You Sir...

@dazedandconfused - No, I Am Not With The KYDTR...Other Than Comp D, & PowerStroke.org (Cuss Word I Know) This Is The Only Diesel Forum I Am Registered With

COOTER
fuel pin?

Postby ellis93 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Sweat ride!
93 D250 ,5 speed,4.11s,k&n autometer tach pyro trans boost guages,GDS 60mm h1c 14cm,honed 5x10,hplp/reg,1/8 timing,M+H M2 fuel pin, tims cooler tubz
ellis93
14mm rotor

Postby dazedandconfused » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:14 am

Gotcha, there is a guy using that same handle on there from down in Kentucky.
Big Andy
1983 Dodge D150 that has been repowered with a 93 Cummins/518 running gear AKA The Ugly Duck! I would much rather build them then buy them.[
dazedandconfused
14mm rotor

Postby RumbleFish » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 am

is that truck p-pumped? i cant tell from the pic.
RumbleFish
14mm rotor

Postby cmann250 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:33 pm

Welcome to the nut house :lol:

RumbleFish wrote:is that truck p-pumped? i cant tell from the pic.

Negative, nearest I can tell, ít's obviously a Roosamaster.
Caleb, Certified Shade Tree Mechanic Extraordinaire :mrgreen:
The 1stgen.org black sheep

"Whatever!" - Coach Jerry Smith
cmann250
14mm rotor

Postby oldestof11 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Sharp truck!

Naw, looks like a VP truck.
Jon
93 D250~ Mismatch of cheap parts, trying to look fast going slow
oldestof11
14mm rotor

Postby 142autox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm curious how torque would break a camshaft. All I can figure is exhaust valves trying to open too early and during combustion. Still don't see that breaking a cam.

Sweet truck though.
93 W350 dually, A518. DDP stage 1 injectors, and typical pump adjustments.
142autox
fuel screw!!!!

Postby COOTER » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:08 pm

If It Was Valve Related, Wouldn't It Have Done It Again After We Installed 5 New Pushrods, & The New Camshaft?...The Head Was Never Removed, Just A Quick Out w/ The Old, In w/ The New Procedure. Literally Added Fluids, Hit The Key, & Drove It Until #5 Input Broke...Enough Rotational Force w/ Break Anything...Especially Immediate Balls Out Rotational Force On A Regular Basis...I Would Say, It Sheared The Cam Gear First, Then Bounced Around Enough Under Pressure That It Broke 2 More Times?...Either Way, It Was A PITA To Remove What We Have Dubbed The "4 Piece Performance Cam". I Just Hope I Never Have To Do It Again
COOTER
fuel pin?

Postby Hansen01 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:45 pm

After you typed that big long story at the beginning, i have to say welcome to the site! 8)
1990 dodge W250 cummins 6 speed. 4in diamond eye, a turbo,and a pump :D
Under construction...
Hansen01
14mm rotor

Return to Welcome