Guy from Sweden looking for a truck (again)

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

Re: Guy from Sweden looking for a truck (again)

Postby Oskar » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:35 pm

RCCUMMINS89 wrote:8)

How are things going with the truck....looks good.

thanks!
everything works fine, the injectors did a great job on fuel economy together with earlier timing.
the truck has just gone through an annual road safety inspection, so now i have removed all the temporary european turn signals and connected the red ones back :) but the yellow/red reflective tape on the rear bumper will be left there, it is required on all trucks over 3500kg GVWR here, showing that you need a special driving license, same as for all fullsize big rigs.

the tach was hard to mount in the gauge pod, it's simply too long so the illumination lamp is bottoming in the pod housing preventing the tach from being flush mounted, i solved it with black plastic tape around the ~8mm of the tach that is protruding from the housing.

i'm curious about the limited slip differential i have in my rear axle, does it only brake the differential under a torque transfer condition? because when i lift my rear axle, i feel that there is not much preload at all on the clutch pack, one of the wheels can be turned with trans in park. but when i got stuck in mud, both wheels slipped, even though one of them had some gravel under it.

and of course, i'm dreaming of a converter clutch! :;-|:
Oskar
fuel screw!!!!

Re: Guy from Sweden looking for a truck (again)

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:59 pm

Oskar wrote:the tach was hard to mount in the gauge pod, it's simply too long so the illumination lamp is bottoming in the pod housing preventing the tach from being flush mounted, i solved it with black plastic tape around the ~8mm of the tach that is protruding from the housing.

:oops: That's good to know, I've never heard of that before. I wonder if the "classic tach" is of a different length than the eva series?
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Previous

Return to Welcome