New Member from the Show-Me State

Stop in and say hi

Moderators: Greenleaf, BC847, Richie O

New Member from the Show-Me State

Postby dr_funk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:35 pm

Howdy. Missouri resident here. I've been perusing these forums for a couple of months now and figured I ought to start contributing.

I've got a 91.5 D250 regular cab long bed with an NV4500 swap (done by a previous owner). Already suffered KDP a few months back which cost me several days of blood and sweat and a new timing case. Also replaced the VE pump drive gear, which had developed a hairline crack. The odometer holds still at ~250k. The chassis and engine have around around 500k-600k, we estimate, and the transmission much less than that, but not real sure of the number. Body has a fair bit of rust and the front springs sag about as bad as any I've seen.

I've done the headlight relay upgrade and installed the Hella H4 conversion kit (very nice, I highly recommend it).

That's about all I can think of right now.

I haven't decided on plans for the truck - still trying to figure out how much patching it will take to fix all the rust spots, and decide whether I want to invest the work in this truck or pick up a truck in better cosmetic shape.

My dream truck is a W350 club cab (crew cab if I can find one) with a 5 speed, a two-tone metallic blue and gunmetal gray paint scheme, a slight lift, and a mount for the Ma Deuce that's also on my wishlist. 8)
dr_funk
fuel screw!!!!

Re: New Member from the Show-Me State

Postby RCCUMMINS89 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Welcome...any pics for your truck?
89 RC on shortened 92 diesel frame - NV4500 w/dual disc/4.10s on 37s. - Self built pump, "hot screw", lots of timing, True high volume low pressure lift pump, 62fmw/68/.7gated, 77lpm SAC Inj., Studs/O-rings,- 423/1220 Mustang - 11/16/2013 http://www.TheHungryDiesel.com full line dealer, if you don't see it please ask.
RCCUMMINS89
14mm rotor

Re: New Member from the Show-Me State

Postby dr_funk » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:27 pm

I do believe I have some around here somewhere.
dr_funk
fuel screw!!!!

Return to Welcome